• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you change your user name to?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I know is probally never gonna happen again but if given the chance, would you change your user name to something else?

I'd probally go back to "Akane" or "Akane Jb" if I could.

Last edited:
Maybe I'd switch to a name that wouldn't lose very much meaning over time; 12-year old me thought that mudkip would always be relevant.

Shuam

righteous
I'd change it to Mr. Gibbs
because he's the coolest character from Pirates of the Caribbean

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I'd change it to Pop Princess Lyra. I dont care if I was bashed twice and the troll took my username-to-be
Besides, I claimed the song itself and I'd still be PPL

Its coz I'm no fan of Pikachu at all, nya~

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
If I could change my Username, I wouldn't. I changed my game name from Agent Spook to Remorph before I joined Serebii, and I am attached to Remorph, though I still use Agent Spook from time to time.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Actually, It's good that we keep our usernames. If we could switch whenever we wanted, then there would be so many problems as to who is who. And if you want to avoid mods, delete all your posts fast, and change your name. Easy. Might be possible. Not sure.

Anyways, keeping your username can be a blessing in disguise.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Probably anything other than what I have right now. I was 14 when I had this name changed from the original one I had. That was during the time of Generation 3 and I didn't think ahead to when newer pokemon games would be released. Plus it caught me off guard when I returned in 2010 to find that you could no longer change usernames. Maybe I would change it to something referencing Deerling and or Sawsbuck because I am quite fond of those pokemon. I also thought about Jet from Avatar the Last Airbender, so I have a few ideas.

@Remorph if we ever did username changes again, I think it would be a good idea if you had to wait a full year after getting a name change before being allowed another. So that way people aren't just changing their names all the time. Because having everyone change their names all the time would be annoying.

Last edited:

Darkseeker

Crimson Denizen
I like mine...but i would change it to Caa Moa Ritos (an anagram of my real name)

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Actually, It's good that we keep our usernames. If we could switch whenever we wanted, then there would be so many problems as to who is who. And if you want to avoid mods, delete all your posts fast, and change your name. Easy. Might be possible. Not sure.

Anyways, keeping your username can be a blessing in disguise.

Mods can see deleated post, they'll just click the name of whoever made the post and it takes them to the profile regardless of the namechange.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I like my name as is for the most part. The only thing I'd change would be to add a .EXE to the end of my name. It makes sense if you know where my username comes from.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
On a different Forum I used Dumas Fuker.

Pronounced DOO-mah Fewker. There's supposed to be those dbl dots over the U. I know what it sounds like but both are real names and thus NOT what you are thinking... sorta.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Eh, I kind of like the name 'zhanton', although a capital letter wouldn't hurt hahaha :p That or if I had the opportunity to change it, it would be a random work I decided on a whim. I don't know, something random like Jigsaw or Fred or Newspaper.

Yeah, I think sticking with zhanton would be best.

Clipps

Beginning Trainer
I've been using "Clipps" as a username for a long time. "Clipps" original use was at the forums at Insidehoops back in 02. I also use it on the Rockband.com forums every now and then.... Go Clippers

Original151Rocks

My Answer Is Yes
Propobly to like....... something with Mienshao. I think it rocks.