• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you do differently?

erebus

(A little thread I created to help pass the time while waiting for the release of B/W.)

Are there things you do when you play the games that you wouldn’t do if you were a real pokemon trainer in the real pokemon world (if it were real of course;)), or perhaps you would do things in the pokemon world that you don’t do when you play the games?

E.g. I think I would name all my pokemon, which is something I never do in the games.
But something that is usually high on my list of priorities in the games I wouldn’t bother with if it were real; completing the pokedex.

So, how ‘bout you?

I wouldn't try to beat a whole evil organization on my own
I would always bring my 1st pokemon with me after every new region(Like Ash)
Maybe I wouldnt have the chance to evolve all my pokemon

erebus

I wouldn't try to beat a whole evil organization on my own
I would always bring my 1st pokemon with me after every new region(Like Ash)
Maybe I wouldnt have the chance to evolve all my pokemon

I would like to catch a whole bunch of pokemon like I do in the games, but I would feel guilty if I couldn’t spend time training them all equally. In the games I quite blatantly play favourites with a handful of select pokemon whilst leaving the rest to go long periods of time stuck in storage :(

In the pokeworld I'm sure the poke-PETA would be on my case if I acted the way I do within the game.

Aesir

Breeder
I would like to catch a whole bunch of pokemon like I do in the games, but I would feel guilty if I couldn’t spend time training them all equally. In the games I quite blatantly play favourites with a handful of select pokemon whilst leaving the rest to go long periods of time stuck in storage :(

In the pokeworld I'm sure the poke-PETA would be on my case if I acted the way I do within the game.

unless the Pokemon are able to actually be stored as data (I mean they can be turned into energy when going into Pokeballs after all)

I wouldn't go against an evil organization by myself, I mean as soon as I discover where their main HQ is, then I'd call the cops or army to deal with them!

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Yeah me too, what would I do different...hmm.... I think I wouldn't go and walk in front of a legendary pokemon, battle it and try to catch it. Maybe there's more I would do different but I can't think of anything else :D

emilyshortcake

good left undone
Yeah me too, what would I do different...hmm.... I think I wouldn't go and walk in front of a legendary pokemon, battle it and try to catch it. Maybe there's more I would do different but I can't think of anything else :D

LOL,i know right.?!
xD umm,id probably just catch all my favorite pokemon instead of the most powerful if pokemon were real.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I wouldn't trade.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I wouldn't let my Pokemon faint. Then they'd hate me...

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!

I agree with this. I would want to have one Pokemon with me that would follow me through all the regions and that Pokemon would be Umbreon (which would start out as an Eevee in my first region probably Johto). It would be hard to then pick five other Pokemon each region and then the rest would have to go live at my seaside farm in Cherrygrove or something.

I would also like to be friends with legendary Pokemon but I wouldn't catch them.

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, I posted here before and told that I didn't know anything else...I know something...I wouldn't go to all those dangerous places (Stark Mountain, the caves in the middle of the Sinnoh Lakes), crossing whirlpools, dive. But I think it would be fun be a gym leader. :D

K-B-K

Let's see.

1) I wouldn't pass out everytime I lose a battle lol.

2) I wouldn't fight an evil organization on my own.

3) I wouldn't let a rock/tree/boulder get in my way if I didn't have a TM lol.

4) I wouldn't randomly walk into people's houses.

5) I wouldn't let so random guy stop me from getting in to gyms.

6) I wouldn't choose May/Brenden/Barry/Dawn/Lyra/Cheren/Bianca as a friend lol (especially Lyra).

7) I would get annoyed at people saying the same things over and over when I go to talk to them.

I'm sure I could think of more but I can't be bothered.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I wouldn't go to the top of a volcano to try to slap some sense into an old guy to try to get him to stop making Pokemon evil.

Jedi_Jy'Ken

The Original Master

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
I wouldnt let small ledges prevent me from moving forward.

pkmnlover25

id get only 6 pokemon and train them to lvl 100 defeat plasma or galactic ( cuz id live in sinnoh or unova) and then follow reds fotsteps and live on a mountain.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
I probably wouldn't start out alone. Human companionship would be very appreciated. Then when the whole Team Rocket thing came up, I wouldn't be facing them alone.
Something I'd do differently from the anime; I wouldn't drop my all my pokemon but my first with every new region like Ash. I'd take them with me and make adjustments accordingly.