• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you do if pokemon didn't exist?

telivisionhead

So what would you probably be doing now if pokemon never existed? I would probably be playing lego (even more) and being mostly bored having nothing to do but Minecraft,lego and club penguin. I'd probably never get a 3DS to, not have some of the friends I have today and more. So what would you do if pokemon never existed?

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
"What if"s question are always hard to answer. One could argue that without Pokemon, there could be another franchise similar to Pokemon.

Anyways, assuming there are no Pokemon-esque franchises, I'm gonna guess I'll probably watch more animes or maybe go out more :p

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I would probably have a better social life considering Pokémon forums began to completely consume my life starting in seventh grade.
And I probably wouldn't be such a dedicated Nintendo fanboy without Pokémon, meaning I would have—probably—never played some of the franchises I love like The Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, etc.

Oh, and I probably would have been obsessed with Legos a lot longer than I was considering all of my free time prior to discovering Pokémon consisted of me playing with my Bionicles and Legos.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I probably wouldn't be as obsessed with video games as I am now, and my fandom life would be entirely consumed about Owl City stuff, instead of both Owl City AND Pokémon stuff... X3 I probably wouldn't care about getting a 3DS at all (I REALLY want one, but I am not sure if that will happen or not... for now I will just have to be content with my DSi I guess...) And I obviously wouldn't have all of my Pokémon stuff and wouldn't have as many amazing DS games to play... I wouldn't care about anime or manga at all... and a bunch of other stuff I am probably just not thinking about at the moment! XD

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
If pokemon never existed, I would be dead. I have so many friends on here I never would've met if this website never existed... I can't imagine life without pokemon, and this website.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
^Same with the guitar. Be a pathetic COD fanboy

Slayr231

Grass Type Trainer
I'd probably be dead, out of boredom. I don't play much else, although I guess I would probably be way more into legos and minecraft.

SheZow

Pokemon not exist, perish the thought.

I'd spend more time with my second favorite anime, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (MLPFM) and playing survival and farming games.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
If it didn't exist, Digimon would've been so much more successful than what it is today, or atleast any franchise that is somewhat comparable to Pokemon. Sayin this, I'd probably be a Digimon fanboy.

Other than that, I'd probably be one of those obsessed CoD players that plays around 7-8 hours everyday. I do play CoD right now, but probably around an hour or two a day.

Another franchise that I'd be obsessed about would be the Dragon Quest games. I have to admit it, I freaking love the DQ games. However, I just feel like there's something to it that once you beat the games, there's nothing to do. Pokemon on the otherhand has competitive battles, shiny pokemon to hunt, and a full pokedex to complete. I mean, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker was kinda like pokemon, where you could battle people over WiFi, but other than that, once you beat it, you're done with the game.

Dragon Quest 9 was the latest DQ game I've played, and there's plenty of quests to do, but most of them involve grottoes, and I'm just farrr to lazy to complete grottoes.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'd probably still be playing Bejeweled Twist or Bejeweled 3. Those games are so addictive... I spent a solid year playing Bejeweled Twist before I boredly decided to attempt Pokemon Diamond.

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
Probably would have attempted to hang out with the neighborhood kids at the time (who were terrible influences). I'd also probably not be a gamer. Pokemon is the only universe that has constantly held my interest. I basically grew up on Pokemon forums, and I got my debating skills from the debate forums. So I guess I wouldn't be as mentally sharp.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Another one of these threads?

Assuming there isn't anything like Pokémon, I'll be playing Mario, Kirby, and watching a lot more Animé.

Mew The Gato

Well, if that happened, I would not be on this Forum and I would have 60 (With the current statistics of the Friends List) less friends. I would lose one interest, but one could argue that I would gain another one.

Gampi

ガンピ
I'd be in another fandom and I'd probably be a worse artist than I already amin case you didn't know Pokémon got me into drawing in the first place.

Chandelurefan1

If Pokémon didn't exist I'd probably be commited into my other favourite franchises like Sonic and Mario, because they are as of now my 2nd and 3rd favourite video game franchises.

Last edited:

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
I'd porbablyjust play other games o.o. And spensing more time writing my stories drawing and watching tv. Not much change.