• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you do if pokemon didn't exist?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Like most others, I'd just play other games, mainly other Nintendo stuff. Also, I wouldn't spend an hour+ every day on a forum...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Pokemon didn't exist i'm sure I would play other games. Before I started playing Pokemon, and watching Pokemon back in 1998 I played other games, and watched other shows such as Dragonball Z. I'm glad Pokemon does exist though because it's a very important piece of my childhood.

BugPokemonMaster316

If Pokémon didn't exist, I would have spent my money on other things rather than Pokémon cards, toys, games, etc.

I would probably be more into Magic or Yugioh. I'd also probably own a few more reptiles. I would also play other games more frequently, such as Zelda, Mario, and other Nintendo games. I would also listen to more music. Finally, I would not sit on my computer all day lol. I would also go to the gym more frequently.

Also, if it didn't exist I wouldn't be teased by the people at my school for liking it, but I really don't care what they think in the first place. Without it, I wouldn't have met many friends, whether it be via the internet or via tournaments.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
BAR FIGHTS, BEER, PACIFIC RIM AND FISH SANDWHICHES

GETTING HIGH ON LIFE, B I T C H E S

caps

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
Well maybe I would have taken those 2,000 hours or so and would have become valedictorian worthy. And cure cancer while I'm at it.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
i'd be a graduate with the best job in the world and happily married

jk
i'd be obsessed over something else

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Be easily bored. Pokemon is awesome, without it... Well I'll probably be obsessed with something else to be honest...

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
I dunno. I'd probably be less into RPGs than I am now. Pokemon was right up there along with Paper Mario in introducing the format for me.

Also, I'd have a few different friends online and at school. I've gotten to know quite a few people thanks to a shared love of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Hmm...Well, pokemon was the first video game series I ever played, so either I'd find another obsession (like fire emblem) or not be much of a gamer at all.

ysmr97

Probably not be on the computer as much, since all I do is go on serebii, the forums, Pokememes, and Pokemon Showdown XD

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
I probably wouldn't have the friendly friends I have now. I don't even know if I would be making artwork if it wasn't for Pokemon. (I wouldn't even be saying Friendly Friends if it wasn't for Pokemon)
This is a though question, but my best guess is that I would be playing Mario or Legend of Zelda all day...

R2J

R.I.P #31
Well I wouldn't be on this site for one thing. And I would be collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards instead. But I'm glad it does exist so I can't meet so many people and play the games.

XDCOMPLETE

Egg-Cracker
Not play Pokémon? I don't know how to answer this question, if it didn't exist I wouldn't care that it didn't since I wouldn't know about it at all. It's not like I spend my life playing on my DS, played the ----out of my Gameboy as a kid but obviously I'd be doing something else excessively.

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
As Pokemon has the honor of being the first foray of mine into video games, I think i can safely say that without it my interests and hobbies may not have evolved in the way in which they did. I could have just as easily gotten a Playstation instead of a Nintendo 64 when I was younger and if that were to have happened I could have gotten into a completely different set of genres to those i enjoy today. Thus, while i do not know exactly what changes that may have happened to me I feel that they could easily be quite large and life changing. In respect to the friends I would make while talking about such things at school.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
I would be a productive member of society.

Nah, just kidding. I'd probably still be obsessed with dinosaurs and other prehistoric dinosaurs, raging at people for calling Pteranodon a flying dinosaur, and drawing hipster dinosaurs like Xianglong and Homalocephale.