• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you do if...?

What would you do in this situation?

• Switch to least useful pokemon and blast away. Can't Be too careful!

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Pfft it's a Ratata, I'm gonna make it into a hood ornament!

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • *Burst into tears* I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE *Disconnect*

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 29 27.9%

• Total voters

Rys

Postcount melting!
I'm asking you this to see if my strategy works. Let's say we've just started a match, you send out your first pokemon and I send out a Level 1 Ratata. what do you do?
Ignore the poll the options should be Status Ailment, Attack then take the Endeavor and switch out then take the Quick Attack and kill, use low priority move, attack and use high priority move, get rid of the assumed Focus Sash.

Last edited:

Alloute

Not Banned
I would be catious, I fear F.E.A.R.

I would probably poison the little rat, I'm cool like that rofl

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Do what I did in a real game when that happened, Trick it and give it a Choice Specs. XD

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
If I had some healthy Poke'mon left in my party I would
attack, let it endever me, swich out and it should use quick attack, K.O it and
hope for the best that theres no more Lvl 1 Rattatas...

unless of coures , you've swiched out to a ghost type or if your facing it
with a pokemon that has an attack that can alter items like swiching them.

Rys

Postcount melting!
If I had some healthy Poke'mon left in my party I would
attack, let it endever me, swich out and it should use quick attack, K.O it
Haha that's what I wanted you to think little did you know i would have used Endeavor again thus reducing two of your pokemon to 1 HP.

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
Doesn't the FEAR-rats usually know Pursuit, for switches?

MajorGambit

F.E.A.R

Ratatta lv 1@ Focus sash

U hit with any move..It survives and it had already selected endeavor, which is used against you. You go to 1 hp and Ratatta used quick attack. Pursuit if you're thinking of switching. Doesn't matter how hard u hit him. I scored 11456% damage today with draco meteor.

You either trick him, poison, let sandstorm, spikes or steath rock hit it, go with a ghost type, hit with priority move. Every other scenario means you're dead.

Smeargol can do it too, with extremespeed.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
I would defnitely switch for a Ghost..It's the safest way without getting serious damaged..

Rys

Postcount melting!
It's funny how much fear can be inspired by a simple rat, by the way if I faced a F.E.A.R Ratata I would put it to sleep and then kill it. Also does Double Kick, Pin Missile get through Focus Sash?

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
The F.E.A.R. Rattata really is something to be feared. Poisoning or Burning it are good strategies I would use. Or maybe I would send out another Lv. 1 Rattata....

Rys

Postcount melting!
You see I prefer to avoid the endeavor damage all together so just sleep it or confuse it etc.

Alloute

Not Banned
I hit it with a high speed attack and kill it.
I dont really see anything threatening about a lv.1 Rattata.

What?

What's so wrong with a lvl 1 rattata?

OMG, go to Bulbapedia, there is a link above my Meowth image (The middle I think, the blue one).

You need to research F.E.A.R. so you'll understand what they're talking about ^_^

Last edited:

Rys

Postcount melting!

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
Well...it depends on my team I'm useing. And it also depends if it was a Double Battle. I don't know anyone who would use F.E.A.R in a double, but I'm crazy enough to try. IF someone was crazy enough to use it on ME though...I would have my Clefable use 'Follow Me' and attack with Swellow, then next turn use 'Quick Attack.' Now for a single battle (in which I never do unless I'm bored out of my head), I would just switch into a Ghost type. I try to always keep one on my team.