• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you do if...?

What would you do in this situation?

• Switch to least useful pokemon and blast away. Can't Be too careful!

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Pfft it's a Ratata, I'm gonna make it into a hood ornament!

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • *Burst into tears* I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE *Disconnect*

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 29 27.9%

• Total voters

Storm The Pikachu

themostevil&powerful
I'd either:
I would use a stat boosting move let it attack me then K.O it.

use a move like shadowforce or dive cuz a foucus sash only works for the first move right?

or

use the move theif

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Well I usually lead with my Infernape, and it knows Fakeout and all If I didn't have Infernape I'd use a priority move. (I like Priority moves ^_^)

Rys

Postcount melting!
I'd either:
I would use a stat boosting move let it attack me then K.O it.

use a move like shadowforce or dive cuz a foucus sash only works for the first move right?

or

use the move theif
Nope it just stops you from dying if your hp would go from full to 0 in one hit

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
A Rattata with a moveset of Endeavor, Quick Attack and Sucker Punch will hit through Ghosts.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I would sit there and ponder if there was anyway to beat a Lv. 1 rattata. I have the same problem against a lv. 10 magikarp.

Arande

You are doing it wrong. You are supposed to use a pink lopunny!

And double kick/priority works for me against em.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
my other strategy:

my serious one:
toxic it, or priority move time!!!!
blissey owns it, too. (a counter bliss)

stupid crud:

dump taco sauce all over the DS, then scream into the d*mn microphone to the guy:

"i hate ur freakin GUTZ!!!!"

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I'll switch directly to my shaymin with substitute...

1) I use substitute

2) I attack with seed flare

3) The sub takes endeavour damages (I think)

4) I finish it off...

Last edited:
I'd switch to the fastest member of my team and use Quick Attack/Pursuit before Rattata can make use of the F.E.A.R tactic.

Rys

Postcount melting!
I'd switch to the fastest member of my team and use Quick Attack/Pursuit before Rattata can make use of the F.E.A.R tactic.
Wait so you're willing to have one of your Pokemon severly crippled?

GeneralHannibal

Professor Chaos
I would yawn it with my Kingra. And then dragon dance when you switch so can I deal with your kingdra counter which i would love to see. That's not sarcasm either, Kingdra is a beast to counter and i would like to see a pokemon that would send it running upon entry after a dragon dance. If you stay I would switch to Gengar. No problem.

A Rattata with a moveset of Endeavor, Quick Attack and Sucker Punch will hit through Ghosts.

Yeah, but you still couldn't hit the ghost with endeavor, so the Sucker Punch would do laughable damage.

On a second note this is an awesome thread. I have never even thought of using a pokemon in the F.E.A.R. fashion. I did get caught in a wobbufet vs wobbufet leftovers gaining more health than the recoil from struggle takes away battle though.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

I usually lead with a Froslass (in singles)... so easy.

Sucker Punch is not a threat since the first post says it's a level 1 Rattata...it does no harm to a ghost.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I usually lead with a Froslass (in singles)... so easy.

Sucker Punch is not a threat since the first post says it's a level 1 Rattata...it does no harm to a ghost.

Umm Sucker Punch hits Ghosts for SE damage.

As for me, if I did meet a FEAR Rattata then I would switch to my Weavile with unbroken Focus Sash or Torterra and Leech Seed

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
A male Smeargle w/ Endeavor and Ice Shard can breed w/ a female Phanpy/Donphan. Do you think this FEAR variant can work on a Lvl 1 Phanpy?

"GHOSTBUSTER" Moveset
Odor Sleuth
Endeavor
Ice Shard
Endure/Protect/Stealth Rock

If a ghost is in play Odor Sleuth can ensure Endeavor hits. Ice Shard is the priority move needed to seal a KO. The final slot is flexible and uses the TM of your choice. Stealth Rock hurts runners, Protect is a Burn/Poison/Leech shield, while Endure guarantees a 1 HP freeing up the item slot (probly for Lum Berry or Quick Claw).

pokegamefreak

just faint it with attacks. A rattata doesn't F.E.A.R. me! XP

Last edited: