1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if...?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Rys, May 28, 2009.

?

What would you do in this situation?

1. Switch to least useful pokemon and blast away. Can't Be too careful!

28 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Pfft it's a Ratata, I'm gonna make it into a hood ornament!

26 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. *Burst into tears* I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE *Disconnect*

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. Other (Post below)

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. Conker

Conker Active Member

I would either

1) Poison/Burn than use stat-boosting movies or

2) Put it to sleep.

2. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

Get rid of the Focus Sash somehow.

3. Bobblefighter

Bobblefighter Relic Owner

Would Knock off work? Or would Focus Sash still activate? I'd probably use a Ghost Pokemon anyway.

4. electricwolf

electricwolf Active Member

Switch to a Baton Pass-er who would have a few free turns, seeing as not attacking the pokemon would mean an endeavour would leave me with about 15hp. Then baton pass to someone with a priority move and sweep.
    It's probably not the best tactic, but they are fairly rare in standard play, right?

5. ungulateman

ungulateman Miltank Man!

Fake Out + priority move.

Works every time.

6. Tiomasta

Tiomasta Not amused

Multi-hit moves like that one WILL NOT GO THROUGH SASHES. Kinda strange. It says like "hit 5 times! foe's rodent face hung on his focus sash!"

You do know that even with a boost, you can't OHKO someone with a Focus Sash, right?
    Unless you're using something like Sheer Cold, bu that's another story.

You would boost, then get hit by Endeavor, be reduced to 15HP, reduce him to 1HP with the Sash, then get hit by Endeavor again and you'll both end up with 1HP, then you get hit by priority and die.

Doesn't matter if a lv1 Rattata uses it against a lv100 Ghost.

7. Erienne

Erienne Anime high :D

They are evil like that, aren't they? I've never encountered that, but a good way is to just carry a Pokemon with a priority move and maybe a healing move to combat such evils. F.E.A.R. the evil little rodent. But it typically works with any Pokemon that learns Quick Attack and Endeavor at a pretty low level.

8. Evilyn

Evilyn _

My Lead is a Metagross that carries Stealth Rock and Bullet Punch. If they lead, Bullet Punch's priority means I win. If it switches in, Stealth Rock breaks its Sash, and Scizor on my Team also has priority in the form of Bullet Punch.

F.E.A.R. isn't a problem at all. Almost all Teams carry something with Substitute, Entry Hazards, Sandstorm, Priority, or Status. It's not like it's almost ever a problem in real situations.

9. Mankanshoku Mako

Mankanshoku Mako Well-Known Member

I keep exreteme speed on a lucario for this reason.

10. Nny

Nny Yeah, about that...

Send out Hippowdon.

11. [Ampharos]

[Ampharos] They best be trollin

Well my lead is a butterfree or Ambipom.
    So Fakeout and Sleep powder wreck your strategy.

12. Palamon

Palamon Sovereign of Asunder

I would use my least useful Pokemon for training purposes. Even if it is a rattata, I'll still use my least useful for training. So I chose choice one.

13. megacool8

megacool8 ZOMG A COOKIE!!

bloW.......it.............up....

14. pokemaster001

pokemaster001 ....................

I don't see why many people would design a team specifically for that, but I would know something was wrong so I would know to prepare for anything, like sending a healer out

15. i would use kockoff on it just in case it a some type of item that will let hold on in battle. i would also bring out a fighting type with extereme speed (lucario and rilolou)

16. Happiness

Happiness Member

Well...
    1) Sleep Powder/Toxic
    2) Send out a Ghost
    3) Laugh.

But, if the F.E.A.R. is, in reality, a Kangaskhan with Scrappy...

*Burst into tears* I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE *Disconnect*

17. nightwing75

nightwing75 Cascade Badge

im pretty sure u have the Focus Band/Endeavor combo

so ill just put u to sleep and shut u down

18. AlCario

AlCario Banned

Switch out to a ghost pokemon or use a priority move (if your pokemon knows one) when he's on one health.