• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what would you do... to make the pokemon anime better then it is now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Replace Cilan with a harley type of character
Replace Iris with a female Co Star who take's up a side quest
Use CG more
Make ash's main rival a female instead of the *insert paul clone here*
Bring back emotional episodes
Improve the battle animations
Let tobias return and let infernape sweep his entire team.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Replace Ash already and have him actually win a league so that people (including me) can stop complaining about him resetting. Also, make it so he uses all of his pokemon like he did during the Sinnoh League.

Janovy

Banned
- Have Ash's main rival actually a part of the trio thus resulting in a very interesting rivalry as well as friendship.
- Have the new girl admire Ash all the time, the fandom will love her because she's not calling him a little kid. She'll be dependent of Ash at first because she sucks at everything, but after going through heavy character development, she'll stop being dependent and become her own trainer and person.
- Have more plot spread throughout multiple episodes, make it more mature and a little complex.
- Make Ash finally age and let him undergo some serious development for once.
- Jessie, James and Meowth decide to leave Team Rocket and stop chasing Pikachu so they can just enjoy their life and friendship.
- Ash rotates Pokémon (around 7 or 8), but it's actually handled well so each Pokémon gets its own share of focus and development.

pokemon fan 132

1.) I would probably stop with constant character replacing, reusing some of previous Ash friends doing build up on their story and give them chance to shine more. I think it would add for refreshing and unpredictable twist to see familiar face return after long time updated with new pokemon, design and changes going on bigger and better things,. Instead of endlessly adding new companions which will leave anyway with unfinished story, never to be seen again.

Personally call me crazy, but i kinda wish Misty is back to main cast,deserving another chance imo. She was great character, brought humor and tension within group with her multi sided personality missing that chrismatzic and lively interaction she brought. I also feel she had untapped potential left with writers not developing her as much as they could leaving several things about her goal, story, ambitions unexplored and unfinished.

It would be interesting to see her going on journey to advance goal of water master for example,partaking in competitions which would push her forward(like Whirl Cup was), create rivalry with some characters, develop new battling style and dealing with obstacles which would be put infront of her. Or she could go on venture trying to become E4 member(logical step in becoming best water trainer imo), and she could eventually end up as Lorelei apprentice training to become better battling prior to that to decidev if she is worthy enough to come under her custody. It would be also welcomed to find out more about her past and things which influenced her in becoming what she is today opening subplots to develop more as person, and seeing Gyarados,Politoad, Psyduck(when he will learn to battle finally?) and whatever pokemon she caught in meantime making progress would be bonus as well.

I would also like to see Max comeback to cast. Say what you want, but kid had life in itself never being used to full potential .It would be nice seeing him getting first pokemon, start out journey and develop as trainer. Given how well he bonds with Psychic types( like Ralts , Jirachi and several other episodes showed)he could form impressive pokemon team out of psychic and other types.

2.)-I would also make another set of chronicles, featuring characters which left main cast to continue exist. It would be nice to create episodes about May adventures in Johto, her rivalries and obstacles she encountered there for example.

3.) would stop with repetitive rinse and repeat cycle of Ash starting out gym quest, falling short from winning league starting all over again, with not much progression being made in long term in such way(aside from moving to higher place at league tournament). Instead i would take him forward going on bigger and better things doing build up on previously constructed storyline.

Personally i wish writers have him win league for a change, challenge E4 and battle champion.Afterwards he could try out more challenging and harder quest than gyms are(similar to how BF was or World Cup recently),going forward with already molded and experienced trainer learning new things, adapting to new battling styles and growing until he becomes good enough to go on some sort of league for masters becoming eventually one of best. Similar how they did with Tyson for example in Beyblade with his quest not ending after becoming world champion.
I would also do more with Ash past having him grow more in emotional sense, introduce his father(which could be actual master) building up subplot around that etc.

4.)Characters aging a bit would be a plus too. Not by large extent, but having Ash and others age by 2 to 3 years would keep them in line of still being relatable to younger audience, while also making progress and development they went through more believable. It would also help move Ash and other character stories forward, allowing to do more significant development with slightly older character.

Last edited:

Chili

Replace Cilan with a harley type of character
Replace Iris with a female Co Star who take's up a side quest
Use CG more
Make ash's main rival a female instead of the *insert paul clone here*
Bring back emotional episodes
Improve the battle animations
Let tobias return and let infernape sweep his entire team.

I say main rival female. There's always males except for like 2 generations.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
There is already a "If You Were in Charge of the Anime" thread in the Polls section~

Status
Not open for further replies.