• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you IMPROVE about Pokemon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
That's really not a very good idea. Fly is a warp system, first and foremost, a necessity in any game as geographically large as most core Pokémon titles. There is no good reason to needlessly overcomplicate something that's there largely to make travel easier and faster. Can you imagine just trying to fly to a city to use the Pokémon Center there and having to deal with some crap like a minigame or more trainers before getting there?

More choices = more confusing = harder for the target demographic to play.

I realize some people think it's fun to theorize and brainstorm endlessly about what they think should go into a Pokémon title so it can fit their specifications exactly and I'll put $5 on at least one person shouting "STOP CRITICIZING OUR IDEAS!", but consider two things just the same:

1. If you're posting on this board, then chances are excellent that you are beyond Pokémon's target demographic, which is and always has been boys ages 6-11. If the games don't seem as fun or as hard as they did at one point, it's because you aged and your tastes matured (in theory), not because the games changed.

2. We've had four generations of at least three core titles a piece, and even as the handheld technology has advanced and improved to allow for new gameplay mechanics, there are clear and defined sets of elements, goals and mechanics that have remained unfailingly constant over the years. To call for change to those sets now is putting energy towards something that won't happen.

STOP CRITICIZING OUR IDEAS! - Spend it wisely.

I do mostly agree with you though. Pokémon's target demographic is younger then a lot of the members here are. I think that's why a lot of people consider the G/S/C era to be the best one... It's when they were at the ripe old age that Gamefreak had in it's sights.

I would like to know where you got the "6-11 year old boys" statistic from though, as I can only assume it's an assumption (albeit and agreeable and educated one)?

To be slightly more on topic, avatar customisation would be quite nice, but there's a lot of sprites they'd have to program, and frankly, a lot of the Pokémon sprites have enough errors already, so I'd like to see them fixed first.

pokemaster001

That's really not a very good idea. Fly is a warp system, first and foremost, a necessity in any game as geographically large as most core Pokémon titles. There is no good reason to needlessly overcomplicate something that's there largely to make travel easier and faster. Can you imagine just trying to fly to a city to use the Pokémon Center there and having to deal with some crap like a minigame or more trainers before getting there?
make teleport a warp system, it is a frikin warp, I know I should have said that before but still

I realize some people think it's fun to theorize and brainstorm endlessly about what they think should go into a Pokémon title so it can fit their specifications exactly and I'll put $5 on at least one person shouting "STOP CRITICIZING OUR IDEAS!", but consider two things just the same:

1. If you're posting on this board, then chances are excellent that you are beyond Pokémon's target demographic, which is and always has been boys ages 6-11. If the games don't seem as fun or as hard as they did at one point, it's because you aged and your tastes matured (in theory), not because the games changed.

2. We've had four generations of at least three core titles a piece, and even as the handheld technology has advanced and improved to allow for new gameplay mechanics, there are clear and defined sets of elements, goals and mechanics that have remained unfailingly constant over the years. To call for change to those sets now is putting energy towards something that won't happen.

like darkfall... STOP CRITICIZING OUR IDEAS!!!!!!!
and they still need to focus on new things

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Sprite customization would be nice, but I agree that it would be hard to produce. However, plenty of other games have sprite customization so why can't Pokémon?

shadow5022

make teleport a warp system, it is a frikin warp, I know I should have said that before but still

that could work but the problem with that is that fly can be used in battle as well and teleport can not.

in that sense you would have to use a space that could be used as an attack to move to town(or wherever you're going) only.

pokemaster001

that could work but the problem with that is that fly can be used in battle as well and teleport can not.

in that sense you would have to use a space that could be used as an attack to move to town(or wherever you're going) only.

touche
I think that fly wouldn't be needed to be taken off, it'd be more fun flying to the pokemon center at a faster speed than biking and going over trees and stuff, I wouldn't take it off

shadow5022

touche
I think that fly wouldn't be needed to be taken off, it'd be more fun flying to the pokemon center at a faster speed than biking and going over trees and stuff, I wouldn't take it off

im not saying it wouldnt be a little fun.

im just saying that if you had to control fly instead of just using it once to get where you wanted to it would take extra time and could become a problem.

if you could do both it might be fine but that also may not work.

Last edited:

pokemaster001

im not saying it wouldnt be a little fun.

im just saying that if you had to control fly instead of just using it once to get where you wanted to it would take extra time and could become a problem.

if you could do both it might be fine but that also may not work.

again, touche
but I'm tired of my fly arguments, so I'm going to say something different

people need to make the game overall more fun, and I'm not saying it's not already fun, but make the pokemon be more understandandable how to catch them, if it wasn't for serebii, I would never be able to really catch any pokemon, outside the sinnoh dex and swarms
I also think that you should make poffins/contests better, no more event pokemon, fix the gts, stop saying pikachu's cute, more new pokemon, bring back the 2nd gen, They brought back RED AND BLUE, WHERE NOTHING WAS LOST AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WAS GAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!comparing the other games with it
allow your pokemon out of their pokeballs, make something change each day, more daily events, bring back everything we lost from the 2nd and 3rd gen, *gets shot*

Last edited:

Sonic15

May Fanboy
Seasons and weather.
Some days you play and it's a downpore, the next day it could be really sunny. I think it would give you more of an urge to play on diffrent days to try and find diffrent pokemon.

fucchan

Team Rocket Fangirl
I don't think any really big changes are necessary. Some other people on here have mentioned some aesthetic changes that I think would be pretty cool though, like sprite customization and seasons.

BCVM22

Except that Teleport is a single-use TM and Fly is an unlimited-use HM. Again, given that Fly serves a far greater purpose as a warp system than it does as a battle move, it would make very little sense to only allow you to give one Pokémon in your ENTIRE save file that move.

You're going to have to explain that to me. What's a "warp system"?

It is precisely as the moniker suggests - a method of rapid transit among a network of predetermined anchorpoints spread across the world map. Warp systems are usually gained/activated midway through the progress of your game and as you reach each new anchorpoint, it's added to your list of possible destinations.

In all four generations of core Pokémon title, the move Fly serves this purpose. Every time you get to a new town or city or some other special location that the developers determined you might want or need to travel to rapidly - Pal Park and the Sinnoh Pokémon League, for example - you can then use Fly to return there quickly.

You've never once played a game that had a system like this?

I would like to know where you got the "6-11 year old boys" statistic from though, as I can only assume it's an assumption (albeit and agreeable and educated one)?

That, and when Nintendo puts out a press release announcing the chart-burning sales of a new Pokémon title or the solid ratings of the show or something of that nature, it's the demographic that they're always happiest about dominating. And even if that weren't the case, it's the logical conclusion for any number of reasons.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Nothing majorr, just little things like, when you catch a new pokemon and you have 6 already, you should have an option to send one of your party to the PC instead and put the new capture in your party.

There we go. Simple and practical. ^_^

How about more than one automatic-use button? Set the Bicycle and the Poke Radar to quick-push! That'd make things a bit more convenient, I suppose.

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King
I just want two things:

1) Pokemon overworld sprites. FOR EVERY POKEMON.

3) They should raise surfing speed, at least to what it was back in FRLG.

Ism

I agree with whoever said the trainers should have better clothes.

-Gym leaders with more personality.
-More interaction with/amongst the Gym Leaders. I like what they did with Volkner and Flint.
-Increase the speed of dropping HP. It takes such a dreadfully long time. Even though it was probably implemented to show the higher defense stats of a pokemon, it's a bit of a pain.

I can't think of any actual battling mechanics that I find inconvenient.

Theif

The King of Darkness
Gym theme i dont like how they look its been like alot of time atlest change the outside well a good option they sould change the starters like elctrique flying ghost something like that,thats my opinion if u dont like my idea just dont talk about it like its a stupid idea.

Theif

The King of Darkness
Yea i know just said random stuff well atlest they could change the gym look.

Profesco

gone gently
Closed at the request of the thread's creator. Ah well. Wasted potential. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.