1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What would you like a future reason to be based on?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by XSilverStarboyX, Jul 23, 2018.

1. XSilverStarboyX

XSilverStarboyX Well-Known Member

Since the regions in each Pokemon game are based on real life locations, what would you like the next region to be based on? Personally, I think a region based on Australia would be cool since there would be so much potential with terrain and wild life. I also wouldn't mind a region based on the southern United States since that's where I am from, and I would love to see how that would be represented

2. Wabblebabble123

Wabblebabble123 Ultimate Fortnite Noob

I would like a region that's based on some part in Africa

3. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

Africa would definitely be really cool to see. I'd love to see Pokémon that are inspired by animals native to Africa, too. I think those could turn out very nice.

I would personally like to see a region based on Sweden. Inspiration from Stockholm could have a lot of water routes and a city that is spread over water (better than Pacifidlog is in Hoenn). Developers could also have a larger icy part of the region and pump out a larger number of Ice-types with some type combos that make them a bit less countered, perhaps.

4. KraiRaida

KraiRaida Member

I want to see a region based on Singapore or South Korea, since those two are interesting choices to see on Pokemon's take for it.

5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

England, of course. You could actually use it to go to Kalos, like how you go from Johto to Kanto in GSC/HGSS

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  6. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

I'd like to see a Mediterranean Region, similar to the one in Final Fantasy 12. Spanish Castles upon the highlands, Greek architecture, Roman colosseums, Uruk-style dead cities, Egyptian Pyramids, the destroyed cities of Carthage, Arabian architecture, West African Castles made of the earth, Eastern-style Churches, Persian-style cities, lots of towns built on the oasis.

7. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

As I've said in other threads the real world locations I'd like to see a Pokemon region to be based off are: Scandinavia, Australia, Great Lakes of North America, and Western United States.

It seems like most Pokemon regions connect to the ocean somewhere but I'd like to see a region in the middle of a continent. I think the Great Lakes area would be a good candidate.

8. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

If we went back to Kalos in this way, I'd rather the region we come from be based on southern France to complete the country so to speak. I would like to see Spain be done one day. But I'd be honestly okay with any area/country being re-imagined into a pokemon region just to see what they'd do with it.

9. Kirby Dragons

Kirby Dragons Well-Known Member

You spelled region wrong. But I'd like to see more parts of North America.

10. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

If we ignore North Africa and various islands, only South Africa can really work, even then it will likely be only western coastal regions.
    So Syria and Tunisia?

11. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Incidentally, a YouTube user by the name of Mr Buddy has made videos looking at potential countries to base a Pokémon region off. They're well made and worth watching.

12. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care, as long as it isn't a Tropical Region (Again). I am getting kinda sick about that.

13. Wabblebabble123

Wabblebabble123 Ultimate Fortnite Noob

Why is that?

14. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Because it is the only other country where Nintendo sells its games. I suppose Angola, Botswana etc. will soon be added to that list, but for the time being this is the case.

15. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Pokemon Master

The Middle East or Russia. A Russian region with 16 gym badges would be insane.

16. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

A region based on Russia might be a tricky thing due to recent politics. Yes it could be designed after its pre-communist history and culture but that would be an romanticized version. There would have to be a careful line by not representing anything from the Soviets or Cold War.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 6:09 PM
  17. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Pokemon Master

True. I think GF needs to be a little more adventurous though, especially now.