• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you like to see included?

What would youlike to see included in Pokemon Anime?

I personally would like to at least see something relating to Pokemon Colosseum or XD. Maybe something like a side show or the characters somehow appearing in one of the regular episodes.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
More popular American music (as in rock and rap), that what would like in the anime

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Hell no.

What would I like to see? I'd like to see the anime wrap up on of the many loose plot threads that the writers seem to have forgotten about.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'd love to see an evolving opening in the dub like the one in Japan for BF.

If/when Max leaves the group to do his own thing, I want to know that he does go back to Izabe Island for Ralts.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Colo/XD spinoff/hoso series= kinda good.

Anime not doing the same routine all the time.

Kabuto

little punks!
Anime not repeating itself

Regular Jap music

No Puns in Titles

Stronger Team for May and Brock

Change to the Main Group

Max getting a Pokemon

So many ideas that will not happen. So why speculate.

Chelc

^Basically everything seizureman just said.

But I'd like to see more specials to sum up more about the now "minor" characters, like Tracey and Richie. Their stories just don't seem resolved to me for some reason. *shrug*

PDL

disenchanted
to be kind of honest, I don't see an anime based on Colosseum would be possible... especially if it's done by same people who write and animate pokemon in Japan.

first of, It's now been ages since both Colosseum and XD were released, it'd be pointless to promote them since they're now so old.

secondly, Colosseum's plot is a bit darker then the anime in terms of plot. Even if they decided to make an anime and release it to North American audiences, it'll be edited the hell out of it.

thirdly, even if Orre existed in the anime, there's no real reason why Ash would want to go there since there's only one gym and no new pokemon. What's Ash going to do there? purify pokemon?

and lastly, the storylines are actually based on the 4th movie, the idea of shadow pokemon came from the "dark pokemon" that The Iron Masked Maraduer used, and Celebi's afinity to purify things is no coincidence either.

anyway, what would I like? I would like more dramatic moments, and maybe for 4kids to keep most of the Japanese music. Maybe also to tie up loose ends and reference more stuff from past episodes.

Shin Ura Yuuki

Red's Follower
To be honest, I'd like the animators to increase their budget so Pokemon's battles can at least look as good as other shows animated by Toei or Pierrot. >.>;

I also agree with Dogasu though...explain what the GS Ball is, why Brock doesn't like hearing Ivy's name, what happened to Ash's past Pokemon, etc....

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The suggestion of putting rap in this show made me spit my drink all over the keyboard. Crap.

A decent side story that doesn't end in a mess of anti-climatic garbage, characters getting regular development, usage of a wider variety of pokémon, better animation directors being put in charge of a more generous amount of episodes and less attacks that use a cheap-as-chips glowing effect.
Thats all it really needs. At least, imo

taitofan

Stalker!
Hmm... I'd like more Hoso episodes. With different characters. Like the coordinators! Great interesting bunch there, but with only a few exceptions (Shuu and Harley), they only get 1-2 episodes. Or at least let them get in contact with Haruka so we know how they're doing... Older characters might be nice to see again as well. Like... Imite. ^.^

I think a new pokemon-only episode with different pokemon would be cool too. I'd love to see Shuu's, Harley's, and Haruka's pokemon interacting without their respective trainers around.

Heracross

Custom User Title
-Less CG effects. Seriously, that stuff looks awful.

-Original Kanto locations/people. Wtf.

-More smaller arcs within a region, like St. Anne, red Gyarados and such.

-Satoshi giving a damn about Pigeot.

-A not rushed league for once.

-Recurring rivals for Satoshi. Waiting to introduce characters until the league and then not having them show up again afterwords is annoying.

-More of the Rocket-dan besides the regular trio.

-Return of Japanese text. 'Tajirin' or whatever is ugly and boring.

-Return of culture.

-Satoshi using Heracross.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
*Orion* said:
More Fan Service...

Besides that... what Gravyand Heracross said. :)

Everything he said, but with the name "May" after "more" but before "fan."

Oh, and bring Mewtwo back for a small arc. And Ash's Squirtle. :/

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
I'd basically like the writers to relise that the fans they had when Pokemon first started have now grown up, and in doing so there be more serious storylines (like the ones in Manga). They've taken the first steps in giving Ash a seriously butt kicking team, hardly any annoying fillers etc, but they could do so much more.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
*Orion* said:
Besides that... what Gravyand Heracross said. :)

Agreed, but I think Shin Ura Yuuki should be added to that list as well. He's got some good ideas.

Shin Ura Yuuki said:
To be honest, I'd like the animators to increase their budget so Pokemon's battles can at least look as good as other shows animated by Toei or Pierrot. >.>;

I also agree with Dogasu though...explain what the GS Ball is, why Brock doesn't like hearing Ivy's name, what happened to Ash's past Pokemon, etc....

You can not tell me that something like Bleach-styled battles wouldn't kick serious ass. OK, maybe that would be a bit much for what we can expect of these animators, but you know, even with the use of stock footage, Toei managed to pull off fights in Digimon pretty damn nicely. Something along those lines would be nice. Well, in any case, they should just have something better than what we have a majority of the time ([spoil]Juptor's recent battle against Tropius[/spoil] was great, but that episode was done by one of the better animation directors, and those don't come up as often as they should).

Anyway, they should have a lot less fillers. The Battle Frontier's a good start, but I can guarantee anything that it's only like that because they're just now picking up the pace in order to complete the story in time for Diamond/Pearl's release. When they start adapting those games, it's likely gonna be the same-old same-old once again. I'm aware they have to stretch an arc over the course of years while waiting for the next game release, so that means they'd have to make a lot of episodes. But honestly, rather than making crap like "Which Way the Wind Blows", or featuring new Pokemon in a repetitive and dull plot (giving new Pokemon their own feature episode, by the way, being one solution to the "stretch arc out until next game's release" problem), why not do something more productive like featuring a new Pokemon in an episode that has good character development for instance? Or focus more of these episodes on extending an arc or league instead of making them as friggin rushed and anti-climactic as they are.

Speaking of my earlier comment of devoting more episodes to character development, I agree on what Gravy said about a wider variety of Pokemon being used. If they'd have Satoshi and Haruka switch at least one slot on their teams from time to time (Haruka, thus far, has yet to fill up her 6th slot, and Satoshi's 6th slot is usually blank until the last minute of a saga, Jouto being an exception in which he kept Fushigidane until not long before Gomazou came around), they'd have an even wider cast of character to use these fillers to devote development to. All things considered, the Pokemon get their fair share of development too, not just the humans. This has especially been apparent in AG.

And if they ever bring back the Housou specials (guess they'd be Sunday specials, now), for the love of god, do not waste their potential like you did. I mean, you have a chance to showcase side characters, and while some of it's good (like seeing Kasumi properly get out of her role as a main character and fit more into her place at the gym, Takeshi leaving his Pokemon behind, or Silver, who leaves some speculation on Satoshi's father. In any case, he seems like a character too important to be a mere oneshot, since he seems to be familiar with Masara Town), others were kind of a waste. Seeing Nanako trying to get a Lizardon to fly, for instance. Also, they should've had a wider variety of characters featured. Though Kasumi's specials were important, it is kind of a shame that pretty much half of them are all devoted towards her (and of her older sisters, Sakura's the only one who keeps showing up -_-.... give me Ayame, dammit). And for both specials featuring Orchid's lab, Fushigidane was the one bigshot out of all Satoshi's other reserves, as if the guy doesn't get enough limelight. And what about Hadzuki? Show us his journey in Kantou, and give some of us the impression that he's more than some Ruby/Sapphire promoter. Or Kenji, of whom we know nothing about other than that he's always admired Professor Orchid, and is supposedly derived from the Orange Islands. Kenta-tachi could've made a nice reappearance as well. And AG only brought us even more characters worth featuring, like Masamune, and Haruka's rivals, both her current ones and former ones.

Last edited:
PDL said:
thirdly, even if Orre existed in the anime, there's no real reason why Ash would want to go there since there's only one gym and no new pokemon. What's Ash going to do there? purify pokemon?

^Ash could go to Orre to enter the Colosseums. Also, I originally meant that Wes or Michael would somehow end up in whatever region Ash and co. happened to be traveling in.