• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would your reaction be if Hikari stays on through the 5th gen region?

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
TBQH...I would giggle. Just because part of the fandom would explode in rage yelling their asses off asking why an "inferior character" gets to stay and not the original, better one.

Slightly sick that I would giggle, but, seriously, I'd giggle.

Teehee

<_<

Hyourinmaru

Moose with the Pen
I'd laugh too. For the same reason.
I laughed when Takeshi stayed for DP, I laughed when Haruka left, I laughed when Kasumi left, only because I knew the fandom's reactions would be amusing to read.

Chaozaru

My reaction would approximately amount to "meh".

Followed by a few bursts of uncontrollable maniacal laughter.

I would be like -____- "Yeah, May didn't get this chance"
I would feel really little angry. I have nothing against Hikari but
like I said, my favourite girl- May- left so Hikari should also leave.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I would be mercilessly annoyed by the inevitable and incessant torrent of complaint and bickering.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It wouldn't happen anyway. They didn't keep May just because she was the R/S girl. Once the 5th gen starts rolling, Hikari will be an outdated "last gen" girl as well, so she'll obviously get the boot if the anime continues.

I do wonder if Marina showed up at the start of G/S if she would have been part of the group instead of Misty. Sure, there was nothing for Marina to do back then, but Misty might have left at the end of Orange if Marina was invented at the start of G/S. It would have probably been better that way, since Johto only ruined Misty's good reputation and made her personality as interesting as a wooden plank.

Funnily enough, there are still whiners on Bulbagarden about this. One guy was shocked to hear me say that the reason AG was liked more than Johto because it had May instead of Misty. Hello? Do you have a head on your shoulders?

(For those of you that don't want to read another one of my rants, you can skip what I say below....hey, at least I'm warning you guys this time. :p )

Aside from AG being better written, the writers pretty much banked on May to revive the show for them. This idiot couldn't get it through his thick skull that introducing a second protagonist and the Contest arc (which were brand new at the time), were more exciting than Misty and her boring Togepi.

Amazingly enough, these are the same people praising Hikari despite the fact that she doesn't bring anything new to the series.

Why did a completely original character like May get bashing despite her replacing dead weight and actually having a plot, yet Hikari get praise despite her just being May "Round 2?"

I really feel sorry for those people. Those bitter fanboys honestly believed getting rid of Misty was a bad decision, and would have prefered the already stale Kanto trio to go on for all of Hoenn as well. Do these people know what good writing is or would they have prefered to run the show into the ground just because of their Pokeshipping and Misty?

It's amazing that May is the most bashed female character in the anime simply because she replaced Misty. You will never find as much people hating May as much as they do the other two girls, and not that she warrented any of it, it's simply because Pokeshipping and Misty had to go down the drain forever because of her. These are the same people who like to "pretend" that Hoenn sucked now and praise D/P, just further examples of their cowardice.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I would laugh for a short while, then live with it.

Which many people seem unable to do with most situations involving the anime.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
It all depends on how much she develops as a character. Although if she stays pretty much the same as she is now, I'd be slightly irritated because I think she's boring.
But on the bright side, she'd most probably have a Mimilop, Pottaishi/Empelt and some other interesting pokémon (or rival?) by then, so that'd even things out.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
But on the bright side, she'd most probably have a Mimilop, Pottaishi/Empelt and some other interesting pokémon (or rival?) by then, so that'd even things out.
But she'd leave them behind before heading off to the next region.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The only Pokemon May kept on her team forever was Combusken/Blaziken, so I assume the only Pokemon Hikari would keep is her starter as well.

If we have a second-round of Hikari's Contests after Shinou ends, you can bet Mimirol and whatever Hikari's next two captures happen to be will be left behind at her house.

The writers only need the coordinators to have four Pokemon at a time because that's all the Grand Festival has room for, so they're much more likely to want to give Hikari a brand new team after Shinou ends aside from her starter.

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
The only Pokemon May kept on her team forever was Combusken/Blaziken, so I assume the only Pokemon Hikari would keep is her starter as well.

If we have a second-round of Hikari's Contests after Shinou ends, you can bet Mimirol and whatever Hikari's next two captures happen to be will be left behind at her house.

The writers only need the coordinators to have four Pokemon at a time because that's all the Grand Festival has room for, so they're much more likely to want to give Hikari a brand new team after Shinou ends aside from her starter.

since she first met squirtle she never left him..may will leave blaziken jsut like ash did with sceptile and travel to jotho battle frontier with squirtle

Turak

she will probobly stay in another short series just like may did in the kanto battle frontier

I agree, but it would be very funny to watch the reaction if she pulled a Misty and stayed for as long as Misty did. So far, none of the girls have lasted as long as Misty has.

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
I agree, but it would be very funny to watch the reaction if she pulled a Misty and stayed for as long as Misty did. So far, none of the girls have lasted as long as Misty has.

i know i want ash to travel with two girls and leave brock!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

The only reason Misty stayed was because Johto had nothing new to introduce.

If Contests were introduced with G/S instead of R/S, Misty would have been gone after the Orange Islands.