• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What you do NOT want in HGSS - Redux

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
Yes but was there any contests in R/B/G/Y? No. When they remade it was there contests, even though they had the choice of putting them in? No. And the reason they are doing better is because this is Generation 4. Graphics are better and more room.

I'm looking at a could be pattern. They remade that and did not include the contests. So there is still chance.
So my argument does not fail. At least not yet.

But they had weather in R/S/E. They still chose not to put them into FR/LG.
We have weather in D/P/Pt, and a confirmation of weather in HG/SS. They can add contests too.

-I don't want to see low levels (Gyms, trainers, wild pokemon)
-I don't want to see lack of Johto pokemon in the wild
-I don't want to see the same awful Gym rosters.

Yes but was there any contests in R/B/G/Y? No. When they remade it was there contests, even though they had the choice of putting them in? No. And the reason they are doing better is because this is Generation 4. Graphics are better and more room.

I'm looking at a could be pattern. They remade that and did not include the contests. So there is still chance.
So my argument does not fail. At least not yet.
Once again, what happened in FRLG doesn't matter anymore, they made some pretty stupid decisions. Many things didn't exist in GSC, yet they're being put in. Like the racing game, weather, Pokemon following you around, etc.

And I do not want to see too many caves. o_O' If you look closely at the Johto map, it seems like there are a lot of caves everywhere.

chikoritalover16

I do NOT want to see:

- Honey trees, or have them, but with headbutting trees
- Itty-bitty Kanto
- Low levels
- Too many legendaries being available (though by the looks of it . . .)

Defy gravity!
;152;

Chaos Slash

Lord of Torture
I do not want
-honey trees (replace them with headbutt trees)
- low leveled gym leaders and trainers
- simple gym puzzles
- team rocket's lame plot
- simple routes, I would like some routes to have bog or mud and in water routes to have currents to make them harder and complicated to go through so it can have a challenge

I don't want to have them replace Blaine at the Cinnabar gym again. They couldn't help replacing Koga in Fushia because he was promoted to the E4, but they were really messed up to randomly replace Blaine.
They didn't replace Blaine, they just moved his gym to the Seafoam Islands. :/

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I could have sworn they put some random guy named Blue there instead, or was that Viridian City?

Blue was in Viridian City and wasn't random he was the rival from Red and Blue

Focus Aipom

Why so serious?
-I don't want any honey trees (headbutt trees instead)
-no low level trainers and gym leaders
-no simple kanto (make more adventure in kanto)

VaryingPuppet

Jobless Trainer
Don't want to be a Johnny-Come-Lately, but I would also want the exclusion of Honey Trees and weak Gym Leaders. And two Magnemite for Jasmine? Come on! How about a Skarmory or something?!

doctor worm

I want them to take out the odd egg's 50% chance of hatching into a shiny pokemon because otherwise those shiny pokemon would become worthless

I want them to take out the odd egg's 50% chance of hatching into a shiny pokemon because otherwise those shiny pokemon would become worthless
Oh god, COME ON.

Shinies are ALREADY WORTHLESS. Can you people stop complaining and stop being so selfish? Let the little kids who these games are aimed for get some special Pokemon. :/

I don't want the closed Safari Zone, routes with mud, or more caves that require Flash. I love how in GSC, you could go though the whole game without using the HM for Flash and not have your game performance suffer at all.
I also don't really want Whirlpool to be an HM. But I'm guessing we'll get the HM/TM list from DPPt?

Lugion

You do realize that the only Generation in which "shinies" had any greater value than regular Pokemon was in Gen 2, right?

Since Gen 3, the only difference between them and normal Pokemon was a different color scheme.

RedDragon96

Dragon Trainer
What I dont want to see is houndour all the way in kanto. or honey trees.
I do want kanto to be better than just battleing gym leaders, it needs more.

Gizadude

I really hope that trading with DPT is available from the start because I want to trade over an egg or two to use ingame.

I agree that they should take out the honey trees unless they also have the headbutt trees. As long as they do bring back the headbutt trees I can live with the honey trees. If nothing else they can banish the honey trees to Kanto while having the headbutt trees in Johto.
Same with the Apricorn balls. As long as Curt (or whatever his name is, I haven't played the game since it was stolen about 5 years ago) is still there to make the old Apricorn balls, I'd have no complaints about them adding the DPPt pokeballs.

doctor worm

You do realize that the only Generation in which "shinies" had any greater value than regular Pokemon was in Gen 2, right?

Since Gen 3, the only difference between them and normal Pokemon was a different color scheme.

when did i ever say that shiny pokemon were more powerful than regular pokemon?