• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What you do NOT want in HGSS - Redux

The Head Honchkrow

Heart > Kris. :)

QFT

Anyhoo, I don't wanna see:

1) Weak Trainers and Gyms.
2) Overpowered TMs used by the first few Gym Leaders *cough*No X-Scissor for Bugsy*cough*.
3) A Kanto region with nothing to do there.
4) Teddiursa and Phanpy switching versions like they did in the original US and EU games.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Calm PokeMaster

In fact,I want BOTH Teddirusa and Phanpy in both games because they are really useful Pokemon......

Chaos Rush

In the Japanese G/S/C, the Fisherman sprite had a cigarette, the Beauty sprite had a short skirt, and Jynx had yellow hair and a black face. In the US G/S/C, the cigarette was removed, the Beauty sprite had a longer skirt, and Jynx had white hair and a purple face.

I do not want to see these US changes. I would like to see smoking fisherman, mini-skirt Beauties, and black Jynx all for the lulz!

Jordy Kieto

haha everything but the black jynx; I cried when I was 6 because all the kids in the neighborhood would call me the jynx boy

The Head Honchkrow

I do not want to see these US changes. I would like to see smoking fisherman, mini-skirt Beauties, and black Jynx all for the lulz!

I really don't think that'll happen, what with all controversy that happened in the past.

As for the other changes you mentioned, HECK YEAH!!!

~The Head Honchkrow~

Toxic Pyro

Hard-Core Battler
Isn't Jynx purple anyway now in all Japanese copies of RSEFRLG and DPPt?

No, i don't think it is yet, im not sure though.

Ammako

In fact,I want BOTH Teddirusa and Phanpy in both games because they are really useful Pokemon......

That was like that in Japanese G/S.
So, I believe it will be like that in HG/SS. INCLUDING in the US games, since for FR/LG, the USA got the same thing as Japan.
And I don't think they'll change gameplay stuff from Japanese version to US version just for the lulz.

Isn't Jynx purple anyway now in all Japanese copies of RSEFRLG and DPPt?

I don't know as I don't play Japanese copies of games :D

I do know that they changed it because many people though that Jynx was a racial stereotype of a black women, and many people thought it was based off a Gollywog, which was a doll on sale years ago, which many people found racist. Whilst many others that it was fun.

So they changed it from Black to purple.

Controversial_Jynx.jpg

Original Jynx Sugimori Art

124Jynx.png

FR/LG Sugimori Art, with Colour Change.

klubkj

-Contest eh not important and i don't really do them
-pokemon not evolving because their not in the pokedex thats just stupid
--well you can add a couple more pokemon because im planning on getting a mamoswine and it would be gay if i can't get it.
-weak wild pokemon
--i mean c'mon
-weak gym leaders
--how are our pokemon every going to become high leveled when you versing pokemon weaker than you i'm not saying put gym leaders that are impossible to beat but a little tougher.

Veslfen

Cleverness goes here
I think we can all agree that the distribution of Pokemon across Johto and Kanto needs to be reorganized (if only one thing is changed, please let it be this one!). While it might make some kinds of sense to have some species of pokemon available only in Kanto (and having the same true of Johto- Jynx, for example), the decrease in enjoyment of the game it brings isn't worth it. Let's be frank: Houndour and Murkrow are freaking cool pokemon. What fun is it to catch them at level 14 after beating the Elite Four?
Another issue I took with the G/S/C population map was that it seemed like they went out of their way to make dark and steel type pokemon harder to find (with the exception of Magnemite). IIRC, in addition to only being available in Kanto, Murkrow and Houndour were pretty rare, steelix and Scizor were only available through trade, and Pineco was one of those you had to headbutt trees to find. I could be wrong about Pineco though, it's been years since I've played those games.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but frankly toss me in with the "up the gym leader's/E4 power level" crowd. A level 50 dragonite simply should not be the pinnacle of Johto pokemon, even if there's another half of the story left.

And finally, on a more speculative note, I'm interested in seeing how they manage to bring things up to snuff with D/P/Pt in regards to evolutions and wireless activity. They'll have to fit both the GTS and the Battle Tower in somewhere. Same with the underground. And what about Magnezone and Probopass (let alone Leaf/Glaceon)? How will they fit that in? Will it be changed to Mt. Mortar/Silver/Moon? Or will they just not evolve? If they do fit in those evolutions somehow, will Leafeon evolve near, say, the Ilex Shrine? and Glaceon in some room in the Ice Path?

EDIT: broken sig. Figures.

I think we can all agree that the distribution of Pokemon across Johto and Kanto needs to be reorganized (if only one thing is changed, please let it be this one!). While it might make some kinds of sense to have some species of pokemon available only in Kanto (and having the same true of Johto- Jynx, for example), the decrease in enjoyment of the game it brings isn't worth it. Let's be frank: Houndour and Murkrow are freaking cool pokemon. What fun is it to catch them at level 14 after beating the Elite Four?
Another issue I took with the G/S/C population map was that it seemed like they went out of their way to make dark and steel type pokemon harder to find (with the exception of Magnemite). IIRC, in addition to only being available in Kanto, Murkrow and Houndour were pretty rare, steelix and Scizor were only available through trade, and Pineco was one of those you had to headbutt trees to find. I could be wrong about Pineco though, it's been years since I've played those games.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but frankly toss me in with the "up the gym leader's/E4 power level" crowd. A level 50 dragonite simply should not be the pinnacle of Johto pokemon, even if there's another half of the story left.

And finally, on a more speculative note, I'm interested in seeing how they manage to bring things up to snuff with D/P/Pt in regards to evolutions and wireless activity. They'll have to fit both the GTS and the Battle Tower in somewhere. Same with the underground. And what about Magnezone and Probopass (let alone Leaf/Glaceon)? How will they fit that in? Will it be changed to Mt. Mortar/Silver/Moon? Or will they just not evolve? If they do fit in those evolutions somehow, will Leafeon evolve near, say, the Ilex Shrine? and Glaceon in some room in the Ice Path?

EDIT: broken sig. Figures.
GTS appears to be in Goldenrod, while the Battle Tower looks like it is next to Olivine. Underground may or may not be in. We don't know about those evolutions yet. The areas that they evolve in will probably not be in Johto, seeing as how they don't appear to be in the Johto dex. Possibly areas in Kanto.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
What I don't want:

-Contests
-Levels that are too low
-Levels that are too high
-Be Able to trade over 3rd and 4th Gen Pokemon before National Dex

I don't think they should have the first evolvtions of pokemon that used to be just one no evolving like snorlax I don't like how they put in mucnlax

Mankanshoku Mako

The trainers eye thing where you can call people or get told that they want a rematch. I hated that in rse and I hear there was something like that in g/s.