• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What you hope for in the new Johto Saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I just wanna see some redemption, Mostly for Donphan, Heracross, Totodile and Cyndaquil, Birds really dont do much so forget Noctowl, but as long as the rest get something I'll be happy

and more Kurt Pokeballs, One the gang will actually use this time

TicoPokemonMaster

I just wanna see some redemption, Mostly for Donphan, Heracross, Totodile and Cyndaquil, Birds really dont do much so forget Noctowl, but as long as the rest get something I'll be happy

What are you talking about Donphan had his redemption in Kanto BF. But I agree with you on Totodile. Cyndaquil was one of the most used during Johto so maybe atleast one or two apperances for him.

Brock used the Fast ball, Ash and Misty both used their lure balls, the only balls that were forgotten were Brock's heavy ball and Ash and Misty's fast ball.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If they DO bring back the GS ball won't that be the longest arc in anime history? haha And I thought Naruto carried things off for a long time....

Chimchartrainer07

Well Ash should still have his fastball that Kurt gave him and Brock should still have his heavyball, I mean if the thunderstone Nurse Joy gave Ash however many years ago can come back, why not the apricorn pokeballs?

Rex Kamex

No..they would probably throw a 2 part Celebe episode at us and call it a 'decade in the making.'

If that's for the solution to the GS Ball then it's better than nothing.

thunderblade12

I agree. Wonder what they could do with that arc.

Have Celebe go crazy and trap everyone in the past/future after being released from the GS ball and then go into a big backstory thing for Celebe and reveal that bad people caught it in the GS ball a long time ago?

Have Team Rocket(not Jessie, James and Meowth)/Pluto/Hunter J try to steal Celebe?

It might not even be Celebe really, they were planning on it being Celebe in the GS ball back in the Johto saga but they might change it now.

Chimchartrainer07

I agree. Wonder what they could do with that arc.

Have Celebe go crazy and trap everyone in the past/future after being released from the GS ball and then go into a big backstory thing for Celebe and reveal that bad people caught it in the GS ball a long time ago?

Have Team Rocket(not Jessie, James and Meowth)/Pluto/Hunter J try to steal Celebe?

It might not even be Celebe really, they were planning on it being Celebe in the GS ball back in the Johto saga but they might change it now.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Prof. Ivy (Brock appears in a corner depressed saying, "Don't say that name." then disappears back into the TV) say that she made the GSball and called it the GSball because it had the letters GS marked on it? So I kinda doubt that that would be the back story if Celebi were to go berzerk like that.

Chim

They could do a spinoff series where we can follow May in Johto, and where she meets up with the girl in the new gold and silver series, that would have been cool ;)

An00bis

Wicked Witch
They could do a spinoff series where we can follow May in Johto

Much as I like Pokemon Contests I don't think I can stomach a full season (26 episodes) of them exclusively in their current format. Since I am interested in Contests I wanted them to expand on the concept more or at least make it follow how it's done in the games more closely. How scoring is done is pretty much strictly up to speculation or however the writers decide to score a certain routine or move in the battle portion. Pokeblock, Poffins, and Berries despite being discussed a lot seem to do nothing. The Contest format in Hoenn and Sinnoh is different but the Rounds and even the Round Order in Sinnoh is the same. Even dressing up seems to be optional (Ash didn't in the very first Sinnoh Contest).

I can see why people could be turned off by the concept of Contests. In the anime they're gussied up Pokemon Battles that follow a pretty predictable formula. Attacks, Typing, and Trainer Skill don't come into play as often as they should. It can be a lot better then it is now if they reworked the idea a little the next time around.

Besides that I wonder if May has enough " Star Power " to hold a few specials or even a spinoff by herself. What would she do in terms of a cutesy mascot Pokemon now that the majority of her Team is evolved (Munchlax?). Would she be traveling with people or will she go it alone? Trainers did both in Pokemon Chronicles.

Guess I should answer the original topic question now. It's still along those lines. I want them to follow the Contest / Battle Frontier format closer to what it is in the games. Rather then have Ash just battle like he always does against Gym Leaders he should ...

Battle Factory: Get a random set of 3 against Thorton's random 3. When he wins he'll get to keep one of his three Pokemon as a prize along with his symbol (will be his mandatory " catch " for the Region).

Battle Tower: Standard 3 on 3 match. Will be saved for last since it's revealed that Palmer is Barry's daddy, or something.

Battle Castle: I'm actually not too sure. Maybe he can battle both the Butler and the Lady due to some anime-only twist.

Battle Arcade: Set of 3. In the beginning and after each Pokemon is KOed the Roulette is spun to add a random condition.

Battle Hall: Ash uses one (neglected) Pokemon to take on Argenta.

I'd also like to see a twist for the inevitable Johto Super Contests ... possibly one that May warns Dawn about before she heads into that region.

thunderblade12

If I'm not mistaken didn't Prof. Ivy (Brock appears in a corner depressed saying, "Don't say that name." then disappears back into the TV) say that she made the GSball and called it the GSball because it had the letters GS marked on it? So I kinda doubt that that would be the back story if Celebi were to go berzerk like that.

I don't remember that far back in the anime.

If she did make the GS ball then the whole little "mysterious GS ball" plot is rather stupid. How would she not know what's inside if she made it?

I was under the impression that she simply found the GS ball..since well..she knew nothing about it..

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I'd like to see Ash use Kingler more in this season. It doesn't necessarily mean that he will have to have Kingler in his team, but it could at least get a battle against one of the Frontier Brains. XD
As for the GS Ball, I think the writers have stated that it won't be making a return (they just dropped it). And to be honest it would feel strange seeing something that was in the anime 10 seasons ago.

harryheart

so how about having this new girl do Gyms? Ash meets her at Professor Elm's as she's about to start her own journey. She picks her starter (Preferably Totodile or Cyndaquil) and goes off with Ash. It'd be a great way to reintroduce the Johto Gym Leaders, who were pretty neglected back when we first visited Johto.

That's a wonderful idea! But instead of ditching Dawn give the Jhoto contests a run as well and have Ash compete in whatever and the new girl do Gyms and decides to travel with them! And that way it would be a nice sign off to Contests if they do change it for a few seasons such as having Ash in Hoenn and Sinho or whatever and have the girl do Gyms while he does some random stuff!​

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

What did Ivy do too Brock?

HoennMaster

Love how everyone assumes this is now confirmed.

Hopefully Ash and Brock actually use their other Apricorn Balls, hopefully some Gym Leader appearances (wishful thinking), and some plenty of Johto Pokémno redemption.

so how about having this new girl do Gyms?

Not enough time. Filler sagas don't have as much time to do tons of stuff.

Ivy never said that she made it.

-I would hope to see May, Drew, Harley, and Solidad frequently during this saga.

May already had three ribbons when she competed in the Wallace Cup, by the time Ash is done in Sinnoh she will be done in jJohto.

pokemon fan 132

Hmm lets see what are my expectations(though hopes would be more appropriate term) for Johto saga?
-Misty returning to the cast having thrio reunited again(not very promising) or at least appearing somewhere on the road to compete again maybe in Whirl Cup(who knows maybe even going all the way winning it).
-May appearing somewhere with giving coverup of her performance in Grand Festival.
-Ash using some of his older Johto pokemon(preferably Totodile and Noctowl,its been a long time the last time we saw them),giving them proper screentime and development.
-appearance of some older characters,and gym leaders like Jasmine for example.
-Johto having more references to past and connection to it unlike it was the case with Kanto Battle Frontier which was pretty much Kanto only by name.
-lastly while were at it i wouldnt mind there being some mention about the whole infamous GS ball thing.

Giki

loving chimchar line
They could do a spinoff series where we can follow May in Johto, and where she meets up with the girl in the new gold and silver series, that would have been cool ;)

i think may is out of jotho by then when she was in sinnoh she had 3 ribbons maybe we wil see her at oaks lab but not going to follow and atleast not more then 3 eps

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I hope that Dawn doesn't travell all the way to Johto again, and go to another region wher she wouldn't bother. I hope for another Whirl Cup, and want Ash to perform much better.

milenadrg

I hope Misty will reappear as an Champion of that old Johto Water Contest and a new girl of HG and SS to be Dawn's new arrogant rival Co Ordinator...

Waterpokes

If they showcase the new HG/SS girl, then they might just ditch Dawn. I think it's going to be some new movies in Johto, and if she gets five movies, it is getting pretty boring with her. And they might drag out Johto even longer, and make it 6 movies for her. I think they should drop her with Marina, and make them coordinator friends. Then they bring in HG/SS girl instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.