• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What you hope for in the new Johto Saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I hope it's better than the Kanto Battle Frontier, which, imo, wasn't the best. They could've did so much such as allowing some of Ash's old Pokemon to appear and maybe giving Misty or Tracey an appearance, possibly even Gary. The whole saga was just so rushed, the same will probably happen with this one too.

That's because the original BF saga WAS rushed. It was originally slated to go on for 2 years and they had to cut it short because DP was coming out. That's why there's a long gap of filler between Noland and Greta, and then afterwards it speeds up.

But considering we spent so damn long in Sinnoh, and this saga won't even end until 2010, it wouldn't surprise me if the next BF arc is rushed too.

Gazdust

I would love to see Tracey back and maybe get a new Pokémon, Ash will defenitly Oak a Pokémon but who?? Maybe Buizel for Totodile one thing is sure Chimchar is there to stay :)

thunderblade12

That's because the original BF saga WAS rushed. It was originally slated to go on for 2 years and they had to cut it short because DP was coming out. That's why there's a long gap of filler between Noland and Greta, and then afterwards it speeds up.

But considering we spent so damn long in Sinnoh, and this saga won't even end until 2010, it wouldn't surprise me if the next BF arc is rushed too.

I'm not so sure. We haven't even gotten any 5th gen. pokemon details yet. Munchlax was revealed when Ash and co. were still in Hoeen. If I'm right, we won't be getting any 5th gen. news until next spring while waiting on Movie 13's release. By that point we should be at the filler saga of the anime already.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I would love to see Tracey back and maybe get a new Pokémon, Ash will defenitly Oak a Pokémon but who?? Maybe Buizel for Totodile one thing is sure Chimchar is there to stay

It'd be nice if he just rotated them instead of ditching one semi-permanently.

And Tracey who?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, I would be seing the next season arriving next year, or late this year, in Japan. Only if Season 12 will be getting 52 (51 for US) episodes as well (which'll go up to DP156).

More than likely, I bet the next season wont have that many episodes than the Original BF. Somewhere in between 35 (like the Orange Islands) - 49 episodes sounds approximate.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I hope a gen 5 is a longggg way of ! i love Johto!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There's still no real confirmation Ash is heading back to Johto, and we won't even know till the end of the league, which at this rate won't air till December.

There's still the Sinnoh Elite 4 too, which if it happens, would logically take place before Ash leaves Sinnoh.

thunderblade12

Yeah, I would be seing the next season arriving next year, or late this year, in Japan. Only if Season 12 will be getting 52 (51 for US) episodes as well (which'll go up to DP156).

More than likely, I bet the next season wont have that many episodes than the Original BF. Somewhere in between 35 (like the Orange Islands) - 49 episodes sounds approximate.

They don't have seasons in Japan. I seriously doubt this season in the dub is going to line up perfectly and finish up the Sinnoh saga for the dub.

A few episodes of the Sinnoh saga may run into season 13.

Back in AG, the 3rd season of the dub aired a few of the Battle Frontier episodes since Hoeen came up short.

Jay_Gold

Crobat Trainer
I'd like to see Larvitar return, actually, maybe to join the team as a stronger, less whiny Pokemon. (As Tyranitar maybe?) Redemption for the Johto team would be extremely nice.

And... I dunno about the Whirl Cup. Originally, they said it only happened once every three years or something. Wouldn't participating in it again mean admitting the passage of a specific and large chunk of time? (Haven't been keeping up with Pokemon recently, but from what I remember the fact that Ash has got to be fifteen or something by now is generally quietly dodged, sorry if that's changed xD)

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
They don't have seasons in Japan. I seriously doubt this season in the dub is going to line up perfectly and finish up the Sinnoh saga for the dub.

A few episodes of the Sinnoh saga may run into season 13.

Back in AG, the 3rd season of the dub aired a few of the Battle Frontier episodes since Hoeen came up short.

Yeah, I always knew there arent seasons of the show in Japan. Guess I should've said seasons in the US or something.

Maybe, since Sinnoh's going at a really normal pace. I guess we'll see.

Same with the 13-14 episodes that aired in the Battle Frontier. I knew that as well.

thunderblade12

Maybe:

DP - first part of Sinnoh
Battle Dimension - Up to the 5th badge
Galactic Battle - Up to the 8th badge
Season 13 - Grand Festival, Sinnoh League and some of the filler arc
Season 14 - Rest of the filler arc

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Jessie+Smoochum
Ash+Totodile,Cubone
Dawn+Cyndaquil or Chikorita
Brock+Marshtomp
James+Tangela

Thriller

Its almost time
Jessie running into Lickitung & Benny would be pretty neat, but I would think that by this point, Lick has forgotten about her. Remember how happy it was with its new trainer? Plus, I'd expect it to have evolved by this point considering how easy it is for Lickitung to evolve.

Anyway, my suggestions.

- Not so much filler between BF venues. ESPECIALLY no foolish ones were Ash and Co. do diddly squat and things work out regardless. Remember "Xatu the Future?" All Ash, Misty and Brock did there was watch all the events happen while throwing in their commentaries.

- Please Ash, for the name of the Holy real world God and the Holy Pokemon World God Arceus as well as the manufacturers of every Pokeball you have used, TRAVEL WITH THE PERMA-OAKS! For years the likes of Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, Heracross and eventually the Hoenn Pokemon and Johto Starters and Noctowl and been rotting away, gaining weight, gradually becoming weak and out of shape, and not to mention aging. I am CERTAIN these Pokemon are sick and tired of the ranch. Hell, I'm certain even Muk is sick of smothering all who walks by. There is a whole world these Pokemon want to see, not much of them have gone far. Kingler presumably lived it's wild life at the beach it was caught, Muk spent it's whole wild life commanding a group of Grimer to take over Gringey City and good Lord I can go on and on. There is so much these Perma-Oaks can do for the story and it is such a shame to see them wasted year after year. Remember how Ash would use one of them at each different venue (except the Tube & Dome)? That was a GREAT move, but it needed more. Brining Phanpy back proved my point. We got to see a side of Phanpy we never knew existed and it even got to evolve, fulfilling my dream of seeing Ash with a Donphan. The same can happen with Bayleef, Cyndaquil and Totodile.

Dmoorea

Another Whirl Cup probably isn't going to happen, even if we return to Johto it will have been what...7 years since Misty left the series? The writers probably feel her character is entirely unfamiliar with the new younger generation of kids growing up with Pokemon now.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Misty just appears in Pallet Town eps from now on, and doesn't make anymore mid-region appearances.

Sad but true. The younger kids have no strong recollection of Misty. That's too bad. I still don't know why they changed her out like that. That's like having Trixie leave Speed Racer.

platinum breeder

Basically loose ends from earlier to be tied up i.e. GS Ball, Dr. Namba and things that other people have mentioned already.

If there is one particular thing i want is the complete story of what happened between Prof. Ivy and Brock.

Finally, to add different types of contest to the show e.g. pokemon safari, bug/water/grass etc contest, breeder championship (for brock if he stays).

BM14murph

Master Collector
How can ya not remember tracey he was great nd his original va is back aswell lol but anyway

Yes i agree the kanto bf was rushed but seeing as der is no 5th gen news at all yet we do have some time on our hands

nd seeing as johto is the same kind of area as kanto it wouldn't be strange to see who've we missed like characters nd ash's old pokemon der

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
I would like to Misty come back and Ash get rid of Brock, and oak buizel for totodile. It would also be cool if we meet Casey again.

Status
Not open for further replies.