• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What you hope for in the new Johto Saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Leaf anime counterpart.

Oh,and everyone of Ash's Johto rivals and friends making appearences again.

Maybe him taking back some of his Johto Pokemon,and evolving some.
Maybe Pidgeotto will come back.

Gazdust

You mean Pidgeot...btw didn't one of the writers of directors said that we will see all of Ash Pokémon again some day?? It would be nice to see good old Pidgeot and we'll probably see Lapras again.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Unfortunately, I think a lot of you are giving the writers a bit too much credit when it comes to references of the past. Yes, it would be nice to see some past cast, but not only is Kanto Battle Frontier a pessimistic indication, but you have to remember that the primary viewership (that is, 10-year-olds in Japan) have no recollection of such characters as Casey or Sebastien or Sakura or even past Pokemon (and Casey was an awful character, anyways). I expect names of cities to be used, but I would not hold my breath for anything deeper than that.

That said, I would like to see the rebirth of Team Rocket as an organization, since Galactic will be out of our hair.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Elm would appear...definitely. I could also imagine Kurt and the GS ball finally resurfacing and the whole TR organization could get back into the swing of things.

Other than that, we probably won't see anyone...Well, except 'whats her face' at the Charisific Valley.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not to mention most of the filler characters from Johto were rather forgettable, I can't think of any of them that would warrent another appearances.

And the Gym leaders likely won't be revisited.

Meganium

I'm hoping that since the Kanto starters got a chance to shine in the last BF, the Johto starters will get their chance in this series.

Cyndaquill could evolve and that would be great, but Totodile needs to be showcased and use at least more than two attacks, Bite and Water Gun are stale at this point. Aqua Tail or Avalanche maybe would be cool to see. Bayleef also should be shown since it was one of Ash's big bruisers in Johto.

I don't want to see Torterra, but Infernape would be great since I think Monferno may happen before the end of the DPPt saga.

Cyndaquill evolving = Phanpy evolving
Monferno evolving= Sceptile evolving.

As for the Brains, I kind of like the idea of the line-up changes like last time. While I think some signature pokemon shouldn't be changed, like Darach should have Empoleon, a change of scenery is always good.

Palmer/Battle Tower- Give him Dragonite, but having him as a dragon trainer could be cool. Or showcase him having Heatran and other tough guys from Stark Mountain Area. If I see Milotic again though I will scream. Everyone whose a superior trainer has one: Wallace, Juan, Robert, Lucy. Enough already.

Argenta/Battle Hall-She seems like a fashionable lady, but I couldn't even guess what she would have.

Thorton/Battle Factory: I hope Ash uses Random Pokemon against him. He could use smart/techno type pokemon. Magnezone would be a good use, Gardevoir and maybe some others like that.

Darach/Battle Castle: Empoleon needs to be his main since he is the only one to keep the same pokemon for both rounds. Regal pokemon would be the rest probably. Maybe Pidgeot instead of Staraptor and keep maybe Gallade as like a swordsman.

Dahlia/Battle Arcade: I would love her to have Ludicolo as a dancer. If she followed that trend maybe Clefable and seeing her with that Blaziken might also be great. Please no more Medicham though. Like Milotic, I think we've see enough.

Gamerman78

Guild Master
I would like to see GS ball again and Totodile would be cool but I think Misty should come back agian and the gyms won't be back so mabye the Battle fronteir would be a nice change (becuase I never watched the Hoenn stuff becuase Max drove me crazy he was the worst character they ever had) but I think seeing Cyndaquil evolve would be cool.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
During the Sinnoh league, Id like to see Ash battle the HGSS girl,
in my head she has
;155; ;154; ;104;
;227; ;091; ;241;

but he'd JUST beat her, and they become friends. She's from Johto, and competed in Johto, then Hoenn, then Kanto, then Sinnoh, and explains she wants to try contests. So she and Ash head back to Pallet. Brock gets lost. Ash and the new girl head off to Johto (The Platinum BF is there). They are joined by Marley and Buck (whom they met in a Stark Island mini-saga).

Teams:
Ash
;025;
;391; > ;392;
;398;
;158; > ;159; > ;160;
catches ;210;
frequently brings back others.

Buck
;299;
;344;

Marley
;059;
;277;

Soul
;155; > ;156; > ;157;
;104; > ;105;
catches ;182;
hatches ;238;
brings back ;030; > ;031;

fair enough if you can't take this seriously, if i was a writer i would do that, but i think ash's team is a must!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As far as I'm concerned, Platinum does not have an equivalent to Scott for its Battle Frontier. I don't know about you guys, but I rather liked the stalker and his stalking antics, and I would not mind using him again. Why not have him own a monopoly on Battle Frontiers in all regions? I'd certainly rather see him than a majority of Johto characters, anyways.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I can definitely see Scott returning if Ash has another BF run.

The only problem is since Ash declined the Brain offer, what can challenging another set of Brains really accomplish?

uber gon

Accept Change
All the Johto pokémon battling more and fully evolving.

Bulbasaur at least evolving into Ivysaur.

Return to the Charicific Valley.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I think: -

He will leave: -

Buizel/Floatzel and Gliscor

He will pick up: -

Totodile and Cyndaquil.

To be used in Battle Frontier Battles: -

Kingler, Muk, Glalie, Bayleef and Noctowl.

Evolutions
Totodile-Feraligatr
Cyndaquil-Typhlosion
Bayleef-Meganium

Gazdust

A lot of you are saying that because Pokémon have new younger fans there's no point of seeing older characters but au contraire it would be a good time to introduce them to the new fans.

On another note if Brock stays for Johto could it be that Happiny will finally evolve into Chansey and by the end of this arc will evolve into Blissey.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Im thinking we'll only see Ash's Hoenn Pokemon seen when Ash comes back to Pallet Town. Though, I cant say if he'll use one of them, but that could be great. Since Ash did use one of his Johto Pokemon in the BF.

thunderblade12

I think: -

He will leave: -

Buizel/Floatzel and Gliscor

He will pick up: -

Totodile and Cyndaquil.

To be used in Battle Frontier Battles: -

Kingler, Muk, Glalie, Bayleef and Noctowl.

Evolutions
Totodile-Feraligatr
Cyndaquil-Typhlosion
Bayleef-Meganium

Do you actually believe they're going to evolve all 3 Johto starters to their final stage? Isn't that pushing it a bit?

Teams

Ash will deposit Buizel and replace it with Totodile. He will also leave Gliscor and use the 6th space on his team to return random reserves for his battles. Cyndaquil really doesn't need redemption, it was Ash's most frequently used Johto pokemon.

Totodile may evolve once, twice or not at all. Not quite sure what route they will take. I have a feeling they will give it redemption by having it win a lot but no evolution. It would be nice to see Ash with a Feraligatr though.

Monferno should definately evolve in this arc.

Muk, Kingler, Bayleef, Noctowl, Cyndaquil, Donphan, Heracross, Charizard, Sceptile, and Glalie should all return at one point.

Dawn will no doubt get a Cyndaquil and/or Chicorita.

pokefreak in qatar93

I want to see more of ash's johto pokemon .
maybe totodile evolves or not atleast he wins alot ...
an evolution is a must (monferno to infernape/totodile to crocowna).
and dawn new captures :)

Alloute

Not Banned
Nothing posted above will happen. I do hope that the episodes aren't FILLERS though.

I also want to see Totodile again^_^

I'm totally open to whatever plots the writters have, but the one thing I wish for would be that Ash recall some of his jhoto starters. Preferably at least cyndaquil and totodile.

Status
Not open for further replies.