• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What you hope for in the new Johto Saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
I would like to see Dawn having another 2nd Gen starter, just like May before. She could get a Cyndaquil or maybe another Chikorita. I think it would fit her.

Giki

loving chimchar line
yea i think the same and then chickorta cose it is cute and stuff and the last one is meganium that would fit her more and a feraligtr not that is realy a massive power house same as typhlosion

raz1337

Miju Miju!
The writers were hoping that everybody would simply forget about the GS ball...but we didn't.

So now they know this, they could easily have Kurt return the ball to Ash and explain that he feels it is somehow connected to the Ilex Forest shrine. So Ash and co head off and when they arrive, notice a spot in which the ball would fit perfectly...Long story short, Celebi appears and the GS ball is done with.

How can you forget the GS ball? Without it, they would've had no reason to go to Johto.

Where was it confirmed that they're going to Johto after Sinnoh, anyway?

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Perhaps this is why they have put off a Misty cameo for this long. They want her to compete in the Whirl Cup again.

Of course she'll appear when Ash returns to Pallet, but I really like the idea of her using Kingdra/Gyarados in the Whirl Cup.

Squaaah

Perhaps this is why they have put off a Misty cameo for this long. They want her to compete in the Whirl Cup again.

Of course she'll appear when Ash returns to Pallet, but I really like the idea of her using Kingdra/Gyarados in the Whirl Cup.

She might not, I dont think she did before Ash went to Sinnoh.

Of course, if she IS going to Johto then she probs will, the same way Gary appeared before he went to Sinnoh.

ShinyCharyZard

She might not, I dont think she did before Ash went to Sinnoh.

Of course, if she IS going to Johto then she probs will, the same way Gary appeared before he went to Sinnoh.

She travelled with the group for the first few episodes of the BF...She didn't really need to appear again at the end.

Gazdust

A lot of people want Ash to use his old Jotho starters but in Kanto BF he only had Phanpy and Oaked Glalie, he used all of his Hoenn pokémon so I doubt he'll Oak more than one Sinnoh Pokémon so then he will make place to an old Pokémon.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'd like to see Will and Karen and the new HGSS girl but the latter would only be a cameo or CotD at most. I'd also love to see Casey again who seemed to get forgotten after 'Here's Lookin' At You Elekid!'.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
He actually Oaked Torkoal too. I'd like him to Oak all his Sinnoh team for his Johto team (Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl, Heracross, and even Bayleef), but given all the hype Chimchar is getting it'll be another reason to crap all over Cyndaquil. Poor thing.

I'm not even going to speculate on that idea of Misty doing the Whirl Cup again because I'd only be getting my hopes up for nothing. That would make things much better for me.

Dmoorea

Well do we even know for sure if there is going to be a new Johto anime series? I would like to know where this information came from. I would hope there would be one. I know that the Johto starters are set to appear in the new film coming here in a couple of months.
Well if they do go to Johto I would love to see Misty join up with Ash again. Just like old times.

Squaaah

Well do we even know for sure if there is going to be a new Johto anime series? I would like to know where this information came from. I would hope there would be one. I know that the Johto starters are set to appear in the new film coming here in a couple of months.
Well if they do go to Johto I would love to see Misty join up with Ash again. Just like old times.

As far as I'm aware, at this point its just speculation. For FR/LG they went to kanto, so it seems likely that they will go to Johto for the BF arc, or whatever they do in the filler.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Another Whirl Cup probably isn't going to happen, even if we return to Johto it will have been what...7 years since Misty left the series? The writers probably feel her character is entirely unfamiliar with the new younger generation of kids growing up with Pokemon now.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Misty just appears in Pallet Town eps from now on, and doesn't make anymore mid-region appearances.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
Totodile is like "But Ashhh.. I wanna come plaiyeee"
and then he does and then is like "Aww sweet dude, I'mma Croconaw!" and everyone will be like "NO WAY ASH ACTUALLY EVOLVED A WATER POKEMON"
and then Croconaw will be like "Super awesome Im a Feraligatr....lets rock and roll" and everyone will be like "Ash finally gets a fully evovled water evo"....and then everybody rocks and rolls
: D

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Another Whirl Cup probably isn't going to happen, even if we return to Johto it will have been what...7 years since Misty left the series? The writers probably feel her character is entirely unfamiliar with the new younger generation of kids growing up with Pokemon now.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Misty just appears in Pallet Town eps from now on, and doesn't make anymore mid-region appearances.

Can't you go alittle easy on the Misty "denials" for a change Cyber?XD

Will I don't think they'll even have time for a Whirl cup in the Jotho BF if the sinnoh leauge happens in late 2009 to 2010.

All I like to see is Marina and May appearances and some of Ash's old pokemon too. I really like it if they went back to the Orange islands for a season but I don't think it will happen.

Rex Kamex

They could reintroduce her. There's nothing stopping them. (I hope it's not for the Whirl Cup competition again.)

ShinyCharyZard

I just think it'd be nice for her to compete in it again...Without the cheap Psyduck win.

Ash - Croconaw/Feraligatr and Kingler
Misty - Corsola and Kingdra/Gyarados
Brock...He could actually compete! - Ludicolo and Marshtomp ftw?
Dawn - Piplup and...I dunno. What other Water type could she possibly capture?

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
I think Brock might bring back good ol Fortress(who I had forgotten about until I read remembered his Pineco) as well as.... Steelix?
Maybe his uber lineup would be:
Sudo
Crobat
Steelix
Fortress
Im aware they are at the gym, but maybe for old times sake or something..

Ash:
Oaks: Buizel, Gliscor, Grotle

Permanent Returns
Totodile-->Croconaw--> Feraligatr(completing the 3rd evo Grass/Fire/Water combo of mah dreams)

Cyndaquil-->Quilava(No stealing Chimchar's thunder of course, if Bulba and Bay can be on one team for a while then why not these two?)

Heracross(The Boss) They also kinda mistreated him back in the day by pawning him off for some reason..

Periodical Returns:
Sceptile(The trio I mentioned will make an appearance all together imo)

Charizard(The same as Scep, and he always makes an appearance, no?)

Tauros(Not bringing evos up, but if it gets one then maybe)

Squirtle and Bulbasaur(They WILL find a way to get these guys in, no doubt)

The rest is up in the air.

J-boogie200

More unique characters and their pokemon! More Rivals?! I'd love to see another Whirl Cup. Hell, I feel us Misty fans are entitled to it. I'm also a May, Dawn, Jessie, Marina fan as well. May and Marina have only Wartortle and Feraligator. Jessie has no water type. Ash shouldn't be a problem. Brock, has Marshtomp and Ludicolo! However, it would be hard for Dawn to enter, since all she has is Piplup as her only water type. More evolutions, but in interesting ways. I want to see more pokemon evolve in battling or to protect/show love for their trainers. Buneary and Happiny maybe? Although they're pretty cool either way. May, Misty, and Dawn altogether! Gary vs Paul, if he comes as well. The new Johto girl be introduced. More contests and arcs with battling!

BlueVapor

I hope it's better than the Kanto Battle Frontier, which, imo, wasn't the best. They could've did so much such as allowing some of Ash's old Pokemon to appear and maybe giving Misty or Tracey an appearance, possibly even Gary. The whole saga was just so rushed, the same will probably happen with this one too.

Complaining aside, this saga could be pretty awesome. I'm hoping for:
-Johto Pokemon redemption. At least Totodile and Cyndaquil should evolve, Noctowl needs to be used too.
-Misty and maybe May appearing for an episode or two.
-Brock finally getting that long overdue farewell. His character is completely boring at the moment and he really hasn't done anything, or been interesting for that matter, for quite sometime.
-imo, I'd like the main group to be Ash, Dawn, Barry and Max, but I suppose that's a pipe dream.
-And then the usual, character development, interesting, well thought out fillers and some nice captures and evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.