1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What You Seed Is What You Get! (317)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Challenge' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

What You Seed Is What You Get!

While Travelling through a Watermelon Field, Ash & Co. are confronted by someone who thinks they're stealing Watermelons so she challenges them to a battle. Her Grovyle knows an attack called Bullet Seed which is what Ash is trying to teach Treecko. Will Treecko Learn it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander Well-Known Member

Saw this episode today on Sky One and i was really impressed. I am really liking the Advanced eps at the moment. Even the fillery episodes are brilliant. A massive improvement from Johto. Oh yeah. i sorta liked the addition of Trainers Choice. A nice touch.

My favourite part was definitely the double battle. It's quite a change to see Ash lose to a trainer on the road. It was the repetition of the same strategy that let him down. I didn't think much of the Grovyle trainer. She was quite annoying.

It was great at the end when Ash was trying to cheer up Treecko, spat the seeds at him and Treecko succeeded with Bullet seed.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  3. ZTcrazy

ZTcrazy Guest

Another big winner. I also saw it today on sky one and the double battle was done brilliantly. I also liked Treecko's success with Bullet Seed. The trainer with the Grovyle and Slugma was irritating. Her voice was just...ugh! Grovyle's dub voice was unexpected, yet it suits it well. Some funny events, like with the Electrode Watermelon and TR. Oh, and the Trainers choice was a nice change from 'Who's that Pokemon?'

Overall, great start to Pokemon Advanced Challenge! Also, I give this episode 9/10.

4. Grovyle and its trainers voice annoyed me!!! The episode was cool, though, even though they recycled the scene where Treecko hid behind Corphish. The double battle was cool(especially Slugma), and the guard Electrode was funny!!
    Overall rating:
    7.4 out of 10!!
    We've had better fillers(although Treecko's Bullet Seed kinda makes it nonfiller), and we've had worse.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  5. I saw this ep this morning on Sky One (then I watched it again on Mix) I love this episode! It's officially one of my favourite eps! I love Bullet Seed and Treecko!!

(Is this forum new?!)

EDIT: Woops, did realise we were scoring out of 10 o_0;;

10/10! This ep has everything that a good ep needs! A battle, Team Rocket and loads of things.

BUT!! I did realise that when Treecko used Bullet Seed against the Cacnea Machine, the Advanced music didn't come into the background (like in the Japanese version) which was disappointing...(I LOVE that tune)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004
  6. Tate+Liza

Tate+Liza Guest

Of course, it will learn. EVERYONE knows that. Mommy, be quiet and go away!

7. Yellow

Yellow Banned

This episode was the best Hoenn episode so far. It had great a great story line and the double battle was good.

8. It was a pretty good episode, i like getting to see Grovlye, TR isn't going to give up stealing stuff lol. I think that my fav part of this episode was near the end, when Treecko learned to use bullet seed by attacking Ash. I think I would it an 8/10.

9. Silver Fusion

Silver Fusion Hyper Coordinator

Did any one notice ash said "treeko harden,corphish bubblebeam" treeko cant learn harden legally and treeko used pound not harden.

10. It is a mistake! but ash is very slow and stupid!

11. Moonlight

Moonlight Guest

I thought it was just me, guess he did say that.

Good episode, just watched it this morning since I forgot it was on before x_X. Nice Bullet Seed, the Watermelon Electrode was cool, and it was a all round excellent episode. 100/100.

12. IMPERIAL DRAGON

IMPERIAL DRAGON Enemy Of Reality

Does anyone actually know why they bloody repeated this episode this morning?

13. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

I assume they're saving as many new episodes as they can, so they'll be able to show a whole string of them during the half term. Thats how Sky usually tend to operate around this time anyway.

14. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

You know, that would be great except for the fact that I don't have Sky. Or Half-Term, considering that my college decided that a week of Mock Exams was better than letting us go for a week. XD

Meh. I actually agree with them. I'd only be wallowing around this place, anyway.

15. IMPERIAL DRAGON

Yeah but we are already one episode behind the states, and even if they carried on showing the episodes as normal all the way up to half term, we would only be around three episodes ahead of America, which has happened several times before, us being ahead I mean. Bleh, I'm just ****** that I had to get up that early for nothing...

16. Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter Battle Factory Champion

IMPERIAL DRAGON - You best get used to it as well, new episodes aren't being shown till the 21st of march, sorry about that lol.

17. Moonlight

Moonlight Guest

Yep, get ready for a load of repeats o_O. At least they're showing them on weekdays for at least one week from March 21st.

18. IMPERIAL DRAGON

You say it like its a bad thing, at least now I get some bloody sleep... seriously even showing it on Sky Mix at 10 is too early. It's still daft though, because even after that week we will still be around 5 episode behind, assuming that they don't show two a day, or at the weekends making 9 episodes in 9 days.

19. DarkWobbuffet

DarkWobbuffet BEEEEAAAARR!!!

Ah, Grovyle's premire episode. Ya know I would like this one. ;)

Treecko finally gets a grass attack to his moveset, this attack would've really helped him in earlier episodes. The double battle was really great overall. , Despite the fact he lost, Treecko did surprisingly well against his evolved form in battle. Corphish showed off his great defensive strength by being able to take some head on Solarbeams (I know he was using Harden to protect himself and Treecko, but that still had to hurt to a degree). I gotta say though, that was one freakishly powerful Slugma. o_O;

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the watermelectrode. XD

20. vulpix

vulpix Guest

i liked that there was a Electrode camofagued as a watermelon.