• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What You Seed Is What You Get! (317)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was really cool seing a Grovyle for the 1st time. It was cool seeing a watermelon colored Electrode. It was great to see Treecko trying so hard to practice and learn Bullet Seed, 1st by practicing shooting watermelon seeds. The double battle against Slugma and Grovyle was really cool, even though Ash lost the battle.

30/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was very cool. Mainly because we saw Grovyle for the first time. It's my favorite Pokemon. Glad Treecko learned Bullet Seed. Cool to see a Double battle.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
The best quote from the entire episode, thanks to my dirty mind: "Wow, Natasha, you really ARE the melon master!"

But otherwise, I have a personal soft spot for the episode. I love Treecko's line and it was a good development episode for Ash's. I always love base forms going against their evolution, except the four million Pikachu vs. Raichu battles we've gotten.

Vernikova

Champion
I was sort of relieved that Natasha won the battle since it looked like Ash was going to win after his Corphish somehow tanked a Solar Beam. Silly writers. The episode itself was pretty good for the most part. I wasn't really interested in Treeko trying to learn Bullet Seed but it wasn't anything that hindered the episode.

7threst

This episode was pretty well-made. I loved the double battle with Ash and seeing his Treeko in action and learning Bullet Seed. Treeko may had some issues in power at the beginning, but this proves that how longer the series continues, how more of a powerhouse its getting.

Salt on watermelon? Well, to each their own. Doesn't sound to appetizing to me.
I thought I heard Ash tell Treecko to use harden? Then again, maybe I wasn't listening too well at that part.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked the watermelon scenes and how Electrode was disguised as one ha ha. Seeing Treecko finally get a grass type attack was cool as well and Natasha was a fun character and so was her Grovyle.

Gillachu

Banned
Treecko learning Bullet Seed was meh because it took so long and also because it's such a weak attack in the games...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Treecko learning Bullet Seed was meh because it took so long and also because it's such a weak attack in the games...

Well in the games it might not be very strong, but it seemed quite good in the anime especially here. Besides, Treecko needed a long range move any ways.

I'm glad how Ash's Treecko got a new Grass attack here although Absorb or Leaf Blade would've been better attacks than Bullet Seed. :)

Zamin

I am liking the new graphics update that we have got this season. It seems a lot better than the last.

Also, the new titles are exciting and it is nice having a new song, although I am quite fond of the song for Pokemon Advanced. I like seeing Rayquaza in the opening sequence!

Omg, I had no idea that huge watermelon was an Electrode. That was a good deterrent on the farmer's part. It was funny seeing them blast off. It was funny that the gang ended up with them. Pikachu looked so cute eating the watermelon.

Natasha was a bit kooky, she reminded me of that guy from the trick house.

It was cool seeing a double battle

It was great that Treeko learnt Bullet Seed.

This was actually a really exciting battle. I found the Dewford gym battle really dull so it's nice to see an exciting battle :)

It was kinda bittersweet at the end as Ash was clearly upset that Treeko wanted to attack him.

I hope that they can work through their issues in a future ep.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, it was really cool seeing a Grovyle for the first time. It was cool seeing a watermelon colored Electrode too lol. It was great to see Treecko trying so hard to practice and learn Bullet Seed.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm glad how Ash's Treecko got a new Grass attack here although Absorb or Leaf Blade would've been better attacks than Bullet Seed. :)

Absorb looks odd in the anime, so I'm glad he didn't learn that, plus I don't think Treecko could learn Leaf Blade during Gen 3 so that choice was out too. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Bullet Seed being Treecko's first Grass-type attack was fine by me, though the inspiration that was used to teach it to him here was questionable IMO.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Bullet Seed being Treecko's first Grass-type attack was fine by me, though the inspiration that was used to teach it to him here was questionable IMO.

I didn't mind that Treecko used watermelon seeds to learn the attack in this episode cuz if anything, it was a clever idea on Ash's part. I liked that Ash was inspired to teach Treecko Bullet Seed cuz of the Shiftry from the Nurse Joy episode. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I didn't mind that Treecko used watermelon seeds to learn the attack in this episode cuz if anything, it was a clever idea on Ash's part. I liked that Ash was inspired to teach Treecko Bullet Seed cuz of the Shiftry from the Nurse Joy episode. ^^

The watermelon bit was fine, it's just that him basing the training on the wild Shiftry seemed dumb since the CotD chick's Grovyle would've served as better inspiration.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was fun to watch Satoshi and Haruka argue about where to go next, but I'm glad that they settled on Hajitsuge Town. I chuckled when the Rocket-dan found the watermelon field and how the disguised Marumine sent them flying, and Natchi's Double Battle against Satoshi using Juptile and Magmag was entertaining.