• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What your favorite manga and why?

Azumanga Daioh-
One of the first mangas I ever picked up, and has since been my top favorite manga(or anime) ever. No manga(/anime) has ever made me laugh as much as Azumanga, and the characters are simply adorable.

Genshiken-
I've never read a manga that has characters like these. They are incredibly real and well-written. Sure, they have their typical manga/anime character cliches, but they don't rule the characters and this lets you feel a certain personal connection with them. In some way, they're more than just characters, and this is what makes the manga wonderful for me.

Other favorites are Hidamari Sketch, Rurouni Kenshin, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Mushishi, and Eyeshield 21, but I don't feel much like explaining why I like them.

Penguinist Trainer

Battle Angel Alita and 3 X 3 Eyes were probably my most favorite manga.

I love the characters, the art design and the world those mangas bring me to. I only wish then animated series of them lasted a bit longer than they did. I'm also really hoping that James Cameron does a decent job with the Battle Angel movie he's making.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Bleach now holds a certain place in my heart because of it's diverse characters.

I mean, most manga have static light-skinned characters which is great only I was a little upset at how most lacked diversity (Naruto has recently added dark-skinned people).

In Bleach, there are several dark-skinned characters like: Chad, Don Kanonji, Yoruichi, Love, Zommari.

7 tyranitars

naruto :3 why?

because it's only manga I read.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
Mirai Nikki. It's crazy, twisty (not to mention twisted), and so far has failed to lose my interest. I love it.

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
My favorite manga... Eyaah! There's two of 'em. Seriously. x3

I adore Pandora Hearts because it's an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland. <333
I love the ideas of the Chains and the whole 'Tragedy of Sabrie' thing... and especially the thing with Jack Vessalius living on inside of Oz, and then the off chance that
Glen Baskerville might exist somewhere inside of Elliot Nightray
... EEEE!! So cool! X3!!

And then Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, because it's totally different from the anime...
Yes, the characters are all the same, the duelings still there, but the cards are definitely a new, fresh thing. Jaden has all new heroes, and I just love to see the backstory that Kageyama came up with. x3

FeminineCuttlefish

A mollusk, not fish.
I don't friggn know why but it might just be the original Yu-Gi-Oh one because it was ridiculously weird, creepy, and different.

I just liked it okay?

EDIT: And also IT'S SLOWLY COMING THIS WAY

I think I might like creepy mangas most.

Last edited:

SmartD

Two of my favorites are Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. Because both are awesome.

--C4--

Only my Railgun
Well I have like three.

Naruto - A lot of people tend to hate on Naruto and I can understand that they may dislike the long *** fillers of the animes or the annoying voice of Naruto in the dub but as they all say the manga is completly different and lacks the nutorious filler.

Ga-Rei - I really liked Ga-Rei and when I heard that it was being cancelled I was really really upset. The whole concept and the characters were very interesting.

Bloody Monday - Reminds me a lot of Death Note but with the main being the one doing the catching. Super whiz kid with computers with the ability to hack nearly anything.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Current: Air Gear

Love OH's designs and always will remain my favorite. No matter what.

Soon to be: Aria, the Scarlet Ammo

Has a really good story going for it, looks pretty funny.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
FullMetal Alchemist is, and always will be, my favorite manga. Everything about it is extremely interesting and original. And of course Envy is still a very popular villain.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Naruto. I finished the Yu-Gi-Oh series, and I've read some of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh GX and Shaman King and I didn't like them much.

In the middle of Death Note, and I really like it.

Hobbzz

I like One Piece. It's well written, has likable good and evil characters. Even though it's been around for over a decade, it hasn't grown stale (except the Skypea arc, but even that had some truly enjoyable moments.)

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

JoeMamaInk

future Pkmn Mazter!
my favrite is definitly The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, i mean theres not one of us out there who wants to meat an alien, i mean with one side you get to see the sci-fi action unfold and the other you can completely relate to haruhi for wanting to find some excitement in life.

but my secend favrite is probobly tsubasa, CLAMP RULZ!

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Alive: The Final Evolution, with MPD Pyscho and xxxHolic at second place.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
A manga called Rurouni Kenshin. It has a good way of combing action, humor, romance, and tragedy in one. I honestly just loved it because I got into it and had a good ending.

ShanksD

One Piece. It's a truly epic tale. The story is all so beautifully woven together and it's just different. A very authentic world.
On the other hand... Akira is a piece of graphic genius. One Piece wins overall but Akira gets a worthy merit.

zoin

Banned
My favorite is the Dragonball. Just simply because I grew up reading and watching the anime as well. And I like the character of Gokou, despite the odds of trials and hardship he still can smile and positive that he can overcome anything.