• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's a good Moveset for Gengar?

niverog

What's a good Moveset for Gengar?
;094;
The Only MS I've seen for Gengar is
Focus Punch
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Ice Punch

This set doesn't make sense to me because Gengar has wicked Sp. Attk and that set has only 1 Special move.

lilbigman42012

Horrible..it should be
Hypnosis
Dream Eater/Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

niverog

I'm also wondering if this is a good Donphan MS (I made it myself so it's prolly pretty bad).

;232;Donphan
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Rapid Spin

I'm mostly curious if Fire Fang/Thunder Fang are good choices on Donphan. They cover all of Donphan's weaknesses (Grass, Water, Ice) but I dunno.

Azn_Ninja

Horrible..it should be
Hypnosis
Dream Eater/Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Don't use Dream Eater, your opponent can jsut switch. Worse if you're playing with the Sleep Clause.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid / Hasty / Naive
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast
- Substitute / Explosion

Only use Explosion if you're not using Timid nature, and give it some Atk EVs if so.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball / Sludge Bomb

Specs version, self-explanantory.

TheKing44

no no no i have 1 and the best move set is Shdaow ball hypnosis thunderbolt nad giga drain focus blast is 2 in accurite and u need 2 kill that tyranitar right away

lilbigman42012

I'm also wondering if this is a good Donphan MS (I made it myself so it's prolly pretty bad).

;232;Donphan
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Rapid Spin

I'm mostly curious if Fire Fang/Thunder Fang are good choices on Donphan. They cover all of Donphan's weaknesses (Grass, Water, Ice) but I dunno.

Nah use somehting like this

EQ
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin

lilbigman42012

no no no i have 1 and the best move set is Shdaow ball hypnosis thunderbolt nad giga drain focus blast is 2 in accurite and u need 2 kill that tyranitar right away

wide lens.. it also helps wit hypnosis.

Azn_Ninja

Giga is not needed whatsoever, if you want a Grass move, go with Energy Ball. Oh yeah, so you're saying to switch out on a Tyranitar and let your opponent get a free DDance? I wouldn't do that. It needs Focus Blast, and also, not 1 single Pokemon resists both Shadow Ball and Focus Blast.

The Shadow Trainer

Giga is not needed whatsoever, if you want a Grass move, go with Energy Ball. Oh yeah, so you're saying to switch out on a Tyranitar and let your opponent get a free DDance? I wouldn't do that. It needs Focus Blast, and also, not 1 single Pokemon resists both Shadow Ball and Focus Blast.

If it has only one DD, Gengar is still fast enough to kill it in one turn.

lilbigman42012

i wouldent take the risk, after one D-Dance very little stants in T-Tars way or in that case any D-Dancing poke Gyarados, Salamence watev, u gotta kill fast.