• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's a good moveset for Metagross?

Desert_Rose

Amour toujours gagne
This is (amazingly enough) my first time to raise a metagross and use it in my team. So I was wondering, what's a good moveset for one. I'm already planning on Psychic and Meteor Mash. Any suggestions?

Edit: Sorry about the double thread earlier. I accidentally hit post twice. *__*

Last edited:
Don't make duplicate threads kid. Agility can work on Metagross but I'm no good at movesets.

Here are a couple of different Metagross movesets for you. BTW, just some friendly advice for you in the future, moveset requests belone in the team rating forum

Metagross

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Explosion/Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Agility (pick 2 of these moves!!)
@Leftovers/Liechi Berry.

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Explosion
@Choice Band.

Meteor Mash
ThunderPunch/HP Fire
Psychic
Agility
@Leftovers.

Either go with Nine, or go with this:

Adamant Nature @ Leftovers
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Rawk Slide

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
^ more like @ choice band

Nine Thou, and chaos952's are the best

but as an alternitive you could have;

Psychic
Meteor Mash
Explosion
thunderpunch/hp fire/hp grass

although it is kind of redundant in game, as t-punch/hp fire are for skarmory, while hp grass catches swampert out, more suited for competitive battling, but i suppose it could work in-game

Nine Thou said:
Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk., -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Needs more explosion>Shadowball :/

S

ShinobiGhost

Metagross has one simple function on my game: Blow up Snorlax/Blissey. Thats it, I don't really care about Meteor Mash, I'd much rather sacrafice him and save the PP of trying to kill a tank.

Delta

Nazi emperor
ShinobiGhost said:
Metagross has one simple function on my game: Blow up Snorlax/Blissey. Thats it, I don't really care about Meteor Mash, I'd much rather sacrafice him and save the PP of trying to kill a tank.

lol,WTF? why would you blow up on them if you can beat them one-on-one. The only useful thing to explode on is suicune

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
ShinobiGhost said:

pretty pointless when meteor mash 2hko's them and they can't 2hko you

more like explode on suicune

Desert_Rose

Amour toujours gagne
Thanks for your help. I still plan to use Psychic and Meteor Mash and from your answers, I can see that Earthquake is heartily agreed on (even though I already have two other pokemon in with it) and I like the look of Hidden Power. I'll figure out what it has soon enough. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Would someone close this thread please? Please and thank you.