• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's better on a Luxray: Spark or Thunderbolt?

Frillycheese

I'm trying to come up with a good moveset for it, but I'm stuck. Luxray has 120 base attack and 95 base special attack. Thunderbolt has more attack (95), but it's special, and spark has a lower attack (65) but is a physical attack. So does Luxray's stats make Spark more powerful than Thunderbolt?

Pika Egg

Veteran newbie ^_^
I believe Thunderbolt is more powerful. The same issue comes up with Electivire and Tpunch vs Tbolt, and Tbolt is usually considered better. Electivire and Luxray have almost identical Att/Sp.Att, and Spark is weaker then Tpunch.
The main reasons for considering Spark are the 30% chance of Paralysis, an Attack boost from Rivalry, or a Choice Band.

Drkecho

Retired
For in-game Spark is better but for Wi-fi and more Tbolt since reason is cause Skarm and Weezing would wall it

AdamV2

PKMN Prof.
It all depends on the set. If you are using Choice Band, I would use Spark. Thunderbolt can work with every other set pretty much.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Used Marriland's damage calculator with base stats,TB does more damage.
Bt it depends on the real stats.
And seriously,I think you should use Thunder Fang instead of Spark.

Pika Egg

Veteran newbie ^_^
Spark is better then Tfang... same power, better accuracy, better chance of having a side effect (unless you REALLY want that additional small chance of Flinching rather than a 3x better chance of Paralyzing..)

N1TR0

The Real One
Thunderbolt is better because luxray's spa may be lower than its physical attack, but because thunderbolt does a lot of damage it does more power. I used move calc