• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats going on here?

Thriller

Its almost time
Ok, this may be in the wrong section but frankly, I don't care. I MUST know the answer and not much people venture into the forum section where this really belongs.

Now, for the last few days I haven't been able to sign into anything with the MSN name. I can't get into messenger, MSN Explorer or MSN Hotmail. At first I thought the network was having problems and would be fixed momentarily. It has been almost a week now and I still can't use anything MSN. MSN explorer is my preferred browser (I'd get Firefox if I had my own computer so no suggestions please) and with it not working I have to use the crappy IE browser which keeps crashing on me (keep in mind, my system is full of bugs that won't seem to leave.) Is it simply a problem with my computer? Or is the MSN network really down?

Now tonight I needed to send an e-mail to someone, without Hotmail I needed an alternative so I use the second best, Yahoo! Now I register for it and what happens as I send in the registration form? I come to a blank page with the typical 'error' writing, the same thing I get when I try to sign into Hotmail.

What is happening? Has the rumoured Y2K bug become a reality and is beggining with e-mail? Or is my computer making sure I have no way to contact a certain person from the other side of the world?

I don't know what has happened, all I know is that I'm PO'd. I'm sick of using IE, I want MSNE back! I want to be able to send e-mails. I want to be able to use MSN Messenger.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Churly Ryan said:
Ok, this may be in the wrong section but frankly, I don't care. I MUST know the answer and not much people venture into the forum section where this really belongs.

Now, for the last few days I haven't been able to sign into anything with the MSN name. I can't get into messenger, MSN Explorer or MSN Hotmail. At first I thought the network was having problems and would be fixed momentarily. It has been almost a week now and I still can't use anything MSN. MSN explorer is my preferred browser (I'd get Firefox if I had my own computer so no suggestions please) and with it not working I have to use the crappy IE browser which keeps crashing on me (keep in mind, my system is full of bugs that won't seem to leave.) Is it simply a problem with my computer? Or is the MSN network really down?

Now tonight I needed to send an e-mail to someone, without Hotmail I needed an alternative so I use the second best, Yahoo! Now I register for it and what happens as I send in the registration form? I come to a blank page with the typical 'error' writing, the same thing I get when I try to sign into Hotmail.

What is happening? Has the rumoured Y2K bug become a reality and is beggining with e-mail? Or is my computer making sure I have no way to contact a certain person from the other side of the world?

I don't know what has happened, all I know is that I'm PO'd. I'm sick of using IE, I want MSNE back! I want to be able to send e-mails. I want to be able to use MSN Messenger.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like you may have a virus or some spyware that is conflicting with MSN. I use MSNand am on it right now, its running fine.

I'd suggest starting up windows in safe mode and running all the antivirus and anti spyware/adward programs you have.

If you're not sure which programs to use, try Spybot search and destroy along with adaware, to find them just google it.

Also Norton AntiVirus and Spysweeper work very well as a combo for me, but keep in mind those cost money.

But because you won't have access to the internet in windows safe mode, I would suggest that if you DO have any antivirus or anti spyware programs, to update them before you start up in safe mode. Goodluck to ya.

Thriller

Its almost time
I have Adaware, Spybot and Norton and I can use all three and those bugs still survive it all.

I blame that month of ROMming...

But I'll try it anyway.

Oh and how do you enter Safe Mode on Windows XP?

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Churly Ryan said:
I have Adaware, Spybot and Norton and I can use all three and those bugs still survive it all.

I blame that month of ROMming...

But I'll try it anyway.

Oh and how do you enter Safe Mode on Windows XP?
Press the "F8" key when the computer is booting.
There should be a menu with all the modes Windows can be started in.

E

Ethereal

Well, my mom told me earlier today that on the news today, there was a story about some virus going around that's being spread by IM. Not sure which IM it affects, or if it affects all types of IM's, but that's what I was told. This may be your problem.

Aikou Bupiggu

Eternal said:
Well, my mom told me earlier today that on the news today, there was a story about some virus going around that's being spread by IM. Not sure which IM it affects, or if it affects all types of IM's, but that's what I was told. This may be your problem.

Do you know if that might be the "Is this you? *link*" because I know quite a few people who have that one and it can affect your msn, I fell for it too once, sadly.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Churly Ryan said:
If Spybot, Spy Sweeper, and Ad-Aware don't work for you, make this your final attempt before you do the thing they are saying. Download STOPzilla! from www.download.com, run it, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, you've tried the major spyware removal programs... then try what they're saying.

Wow, I'm having a major problem with wording tonight.