• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's is your character and rival name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanBun

I'm back :3
Me: vulpix or ozzy(no not from o. osbourne) or tanbun
rival: Condom or henkje or AnIdiot

ChuckNorris

Me: John
Rival: Barry

When I named him, I knew that was his name on the anime. I used to just name rivals by their official names

ashiemore

Me: Ashie
Rival: Leadpie

I always name my rival Leadpie, no matter what game I'm playing.

~ashiemore

In both Diamond and Platinum I am Aidan and my rival Josh while in my newly restarted Pearl I am Davis with Clark as my rival.
I have character themes going on here, Diamond and Platinum are Being Human Syfy and Pearl is Smallville.

In my old/first Pearl file was Charmed themed, I was Paige and my rival Leo.

Trainer: Wozzy
Rival: Carson

Cyberra

pain in the ***
In Platinum:
Me: Cyberra
Rival: Dingbat

I like insulting my rivals... It's even funnier when rival's mom says "my dear little [insult]" before I take off from Twinleaf at the beginning.

Estellise

peachy
In Pearl:
I'm playing as the female that I accidentally named "Heidi" (the story behind this was that it was the first default name that came up and I clicked "yes" without thinking…). My rival's named "Dumbo", as I find Barry to be annoying.

In Platinum:
I'm the girl yet again, this time named Platina after my favourite Sinnoh dex holder. My rival's named Pearl, also after his manga counterpart.

bushie

my character's name is kyle which is my name and my rival's is jason,named him after the original red ranger mmpr

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
platinum:
name: Lucy
rival: Chris (couldn't fit my friends fall name in)
I forgot the other too. i'll find out tomorrow.

SpoinkyPearl

When I played Diamond for a first time, I named my character Juliet because I thought that the male counterpart is the rival and I wanted to name her Romeo. But then it was revealed that the blond guy is my rival and I was very disappointed :D I named the rival Matt.

In Platinum, I named my character Mizuki and the rival Kouji because I like Japanese names and that time I usually named all of my game characters with Japanese names. Nowadays I usually use English names but sometimes pick something Japanese if I find that suitable. Funny thing is that neither of those languages are my native language but Finnish names wouldn't work very well with games with English text...

And last, in my new game in Diamond, I named my charatcer Ran and the rival, very uniquely, Dan. I like these names the best of all I've chosen in 4th Gen.

Oh, almost forgot my SoulSilver. My character is Karen while rival is Kalen. And I didn't remember that there's Karen in Elite 4 as well before I had named my heroine... But oh well, I'm going to start new game in SS as soon as possible (I haven't yet beat Red!)

Jirachi Dude

No gen 4 or 5
I don't have platinum anymore (but I'm getting it again), but I always do this: My name: Oliver Rival: WIENER

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Myself (as Lucas): Max.
Rival: Barry.

NovaNight

Eternally Eternity
In Pearl:
Me (playing as Dawn): Nova (I really liked the name back in 2007, as evidenced by my username here, haha)
Rival: Sunny (his hair colour drove me to use the name)

In Plat:
Me (again, playing as Dawn): Lyra (This was before the Johto Lyra)
Rival: Rigel (yeah, went with an astronomy theme here, which I liked and felt fit well)

In Diamond:
Me (Dawn again): Akari (variation on Hikari)
Rival: I THINK I was unoriginal and went with Jun. Haha, I really like the name

Aquarelle

Staff member
Will close this due to bumping.

But just for fun:
Player names - I've used Dawn and Lucas before, but my main Pearl and Platinum used the Japanese names of a couple of my favourite Pokemon characters. :p

Rival names - usually go with Jun or Barry. Don't remember what I chose on Pearl.

Status
Not open for further replies.