• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's next for YOU in this franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Her eyes matches her mama May, Dawn, Serena, Melody, Lana, Bonnie, and most importantly, Goh.

Yeah the latter 2 make so much sense, fool.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Her eyes matches her mama May, Dawn, Serena, Melody, Lana, Bonnie, and most importantly, Goh.
Ryko is the Anipoke version of Cell, created from the DNA of all of Ash’s main companions and designed by TRio to be the perfect battler and Pikachu capture machine.

Pokémon doesn't just mean Ash to me

This beautiful franchise, albeit with its ups and downs, huge production issues and all you want, means a lot to me. Pokémon means friendship, mystery, adventure, culture and endless emotions.

Thanks to Pokémon, I not only like Japanese culture, but also culture from all over the world. Thanks to the protagonist's journey, I loved being immersed in different places with their different traditions, interactions, festivities and problems that concern pokemon , which are those magical and mysterious creatures that kept me dreaming of fantasy adventures even as an adult... My brothers, nephews, my best friend, my girlfriend we all love Pokémon and I do not plan to leave the anime.

I'm really grateful to the writers and the creation of Ash, but the spotlight has long since belonged to fresh, new protagonists who are the representation of a child who is about to start new adventures in an unknown world. Ash has already done that several times, and it was part of my childhood, so out of respect for him, I'm quite happy with a new Protagonist and I feel optimistic for the future :) !!

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Ash gone, I'm gone too. Will continue to play the game, but i can't really see the anime without Ash. Maybe I might drop by in if Ash is announced for something like the YouTube show (Origin or Generation ) or cameo in the new series. But basically is official gone after the mini series ends

Kein

AKA Silktree
I am not going anywhere, but I only buy games that interest me (PLA and SV as opposed to SwSh and BDSP) and the same goes for watching the anime. I actually watched Journeys more than it really deserved, but I appreciated the PWC and Project Mew as goals. I'm hoping that the current writers do Ash, TRio, Misty and Brock justice... And then I'd like for the next series to have a brand new staff, if not a different studio altogether. If not, oh well, I don't have to watch it.

Gingertail24

I'm even more excited tbh. I think I may have dropped out if Ash stayed in gen 9. I'm honestly not as attached to Ash as many people here. I was honestly pleading for him to go. (Now seeing everyone reaction to him leaving, I honestly feel bad lol)

Honestly even if liko and the new anime may not be for me, I will still stand by the anime choice to drop Ash. All good things must come to an end. Unless you want another Simpsons scenario ( which isn't too far for me at least, because I honestly loved Ash OS-DP personality, newer series just wasn't for me in terms of Ash portrayal, but they aren't bad, just not for me)

Sham

The Guardian of War
I'm even more excited tbh. I think I may have dropped out if Ash stayed in gen 9. I'm honestly not as attached to Ash as many people here. I was honestly pleading for him to go. (Now seeing everyone reaction to him leaving, I honestly feel bad lol)

Honestly even if liko and the new anime may not be for me, I will still stand by the anime choice to drop Ash. All good things must come to an end. Unless you want another Simpsons scenario ( which isn't too far for me at least, because I honestly loved Ash OS-DP personality, newer series just wasn't for me in terms of Ash portrayal, but they aren't bad, just not for me)
I agree it might be weird but I’m looking forward to what the new cast has to offer. It’s good embracing the unknown and while it might take awhile getting used to Roy and Liko, it was a good decision nonetheless. Anything else would’ve called for a reset. It’s be different but I’m looking forward to a series without him.

I’m glad that Rica (if she was apart of this choice which most likely she was) gets her long waited rest whatever that may be since she’s been doing this for 25 years and on.

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol

I don't particularly care much for Ash either but for some of us he (alongside Pikachu) represented our childhood. I was born in 1998 and the anime debut around the same time, so I essentially grew up knowing every week, there was at least twenty minutes worth of new adventures and content from the two (even if I stopped watching back in 2008)

There isn't really anything from when I was an infant to now that is still going that is special to me... in any medium... maybe Simpsons? Mario?

Gingertail24

I don't particularly care much for Ash either but for some of us he (alongside Pikachu) represented our childhood. I was born in 1998 and the anime debut around the same time, so I essentially grew up knowing every week, there was at least twenty minutes worth of new adventures and content from the two (even if I stopped watching back in 2008)

There isn't really anything from when I was an infant to now that is still going that is special to me... in any medium... maybe Simpsons? Mario?
Yeah I understand. That's why even tho I'm happy Ash is gone , it feels awkward to be hyped about it in here lol.

bmw9413

Like Naruto, Arthur, Yugi and all my other childhood heroes who grew up and left their respective franchises....I will keep pushing forward and cherish all the memories while following the new series protagonists. Also tempted to pick up the Scarlett/Violet games too.

Writing fanfics and watching ABPM, then the new series

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
I'm afraid I can't give any attention to the new anime or protagonist.

I'm going to be doing a Journeys rewrite, wanting to fix the mistakes and hopefully make it so that at least 60-70 percent of the anime watchers prefer it over the actual season of JN, and adding what I think should have happened during. Hopefully it'll also give what others wanted from JN too. It'll be a passion project of mine, and might take years to complete and perfect.

KukuiFanatic501

Before I answer this (and this will surely be a LONG answer, so 2 diff replies for me), I want to start off by explaining what the franchise as a whole means to me first and my life before answering what the anime will mean to me (since that’s the only aspect of Pokémon that I’ll be on the fence about once Ash leaves).

The entire Pokémon universe has always meant so much much more to me than just the anime or games alone. Not just one single aspect of Pokémon does it for me. The lore, the world, the idea of going on an amazing adventure through a world full of so many mysteries and frontiers to explore, meeting and getting to know so many different people living in this world, the different cultures, the different places, the friendships and bonds formed on the countless journeys taken, these qualities from Pokémon were always what kept me going. I was born in 1999, not long after the anime started, so the franchise more or less has been the first REAL thing that I resonated with on such a personal level before even old classics like Naruto, DBZ, Power Rangers, etc. The anime is what I started with, but the franchise is the reason why I begged my mom and older sister to get me a game boy advanced so I could start playing the games. It’s the franchise I’ve consistently admired and stuck with the most for the past 20+ or so years of my life, all through school and currently through college. And hopefully a lot longer. As long as I can possibly make it go on for.

Through my entire life up to this point, even through all the personal BS I dealt with from my upbringing, and even through all of the dirty and critical looks and comments I’d get growing up, both from my school peers, adults and some family members who were all:

“Pokemon’s for kids”

“Aren’t you a little too old to still be playing Pokémon?”

“You didn’t grow out of Pokémon yet?”

Pokemons THE one thing I knew I always could count on, the one thing that never once failed to bring so much joy and beautiful memories to my life, and the one thing that gave me the confidence to live THE WAY I WANTED and be proud of the person I am. So even through all of that ****, I never dropped Pokémon and stuck with it. And I don’t ever plan on dropping it, hopefully so I could even introduce my future kids to it if I’m ever lucky enough to.

I’ve always counted myself lucky to get to experience such an absolutely amazing franchise with so many stories to tell, so many emotions to feel and so many journeys to go on. So as far as the general Pokémon franchise goes, this doesn’t effect me in the slightest. The Pokémon universe is my blood, sweat and DNA. It’s a part of me, who I am, and there’s nothing that will ever change that.

Durrendal

For a not well to do kid from a third world country, there was no Pokemon game or game system to be had. For me and my friends, the anime was/is Pokemon. Well, I lost that too ar one point when we couldn't keep the channel it used to air on.

I'm not much of a gamer even now and the games mean nothing to me. It was comforting for me when I did well in life and went back and watched all the generations I missed. Ash and his friends felt like an old friend who had never left and were always waiting for me.

There's no Pokemon for me unless Ash is there. I'll stick around till his last series is done and will probably just delete my account here as well and leave. There really isn't a point for me unless it's Ash.

KukuiFanatic501

Now as far as the anime goes moving forward with these changes, I’m honestly super mixed as to whether or not I’ll faithfully give this new series a real chance. And it goes beyond my attachment to Ash & Pikachu.

Like I said, my love for Pokémon transcends the anime and goes for the whole franchise, no question. But it would be an understatement for me to say the anime didn’t have a large presence in my life either or became a big part of why I wanted to know more of the franchise. Ash became my first ever idol and hero to see on the screen growing up, and was a big inspiration to go by. I had trouble making friends growing up in school, so Pokemon and the anime were my one escape from everything.

Every Saturday morning waking up early to see the latest new Pokémon episode. Everytime my elementary school had book-fairs, seeing Ash on the cover of Pokémon books made me always save money to buy them. Every time I went to stores and saw Pokémon movie DVDs, I’d beg to buy them and grow a collection, and it was because of Ash. Pokemon’s the reason I even met some of my real friends that I’m still very close with to this day a decade later, the ones I’d use to religiously have episode discussions with all the time back then. Every step of my life pretty much has had Ash and Pikachu there growing up with me, to the point where I consider them family, so seeing them making their exit is something that hits so hard emotionally and is a huge gut punching reminder that my childhood is gone and it makes me feel like I’m losing a part of myself. I’ve even been feeling depressed about this since the announcement and even more so about the idea that, if I’m ever lucky enough to start my own family in the future, my kids won’t have the opportunity to grow with Ash like I was able to.

I know people here have expressed their disinterest of Ash and are looking forward to Pokemon’s future going through new changes, but I just can’t help but feel conflicted and hesitant on a new era. It’s incredibly hard to imagine Pokemon without Ash and Pikachu, so the hesitance for me is definitely there. Not just because of my attachments to Ash, but also because of the simple fact that change isn’t necessarily a good thing all the time. Someone has to say it. Many are optimistic and always have this belief that change is good, which is fine, but I just can’t agree with that. Having experienced sequels to many beloved shows from childhood (Naruto/Boruto, TLA/Legend of Korra, Yugioh sequels, Digimon sequels, Beyblade sequels, etc.) it’s a hit or miss as to whether or not it works out great or terrible, and now Pokémon enters this area too. There are just some cases where change doesn’t work out the way people expect them to, that it isn’t for some people, and that’s fine. I know Pokemon’s anime isn’t supposed to be targeting me, so I shouldn’t have many expectations for it to. But the writing is on the wall either way.

Will I give Riko & Roy a chance? I will. It’d be a disservice to Ash and Pokémon to not even at least try and get to know the next generation. So I’ll watch the first few episodes of the new anime, get a feel for the new characters and then see where things go from there. Will I stick around for the whole thing? Probably not. Can’t be too sure until the moment comes.

Last edited:

Kameinu

Arooo!
Massive rewatch. Plan to watch as many of what’s available subbed. Try to read all the anime manga adaptations. Then start work on a project based on the anime works to keep myself entertained. Just because it’s over doesn’t mean it’s the end! There’s so much material available to enjoy and even ways we can add to that fun!

I’ll still watch the new show too.

Status
Not open for further replies.