• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's next for YOU in this franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
On a serious note, I’ll be okay…I’ve always wanted a battling female character. It is gonna be weird though not seeing Ash everyday. I wish we had more time to process this though.

I’m glad during the anime’s time I was able to have a childhood and become a teenager during the whole BW-SM era because I really did find certain characters like Lillie, Iris, Clemont and Serena relatable in certain parts of their story. Despite Journeys having some issues, what they did do right is put all of these character in different progressive scenarios. It's clear they aren't in the same mindsets and positions they were when the last time we've seen them. So despite them not aging, you feel like your favorite characters have grown up with you. It was a good love letter to fans.

Pokémon has been great and continues to be great even when things are bad (or good?) you can always express excitement with everyone theorizing what the new games will be like, the anime as well.

Even when things are pretty dim you can always build community with people and have days and months discussing the show and games waiting for new news.

And as somebody who has their shy moments, it’s been a great help being an ice breaker with people. It’s influence, it’s even helping me now since I was able to gain a really good pal from playing SV at school.

So while it is sad that Ash is leaving, the core part of Pokémon and it’s influence will continue on and at least he left with a bang.

Last edited:

Trey pokes

We still got 3 months left. Whatever comes in April with Riko and Roy, I'm sure they'll excite both new and the old fans ie most of us. It all depends on this "original story" they plan on doing.

KukuiFanatic501

On a serious note, I’ll be okay…I’ve always wanted a battling female character. It is gonna be weird though not seeing Ash everyday. I wish we had more time to process this though.

I’m glad during the anime’s time I was able to have a childhood and become a teenager during the whole BW-SM era because I really did find certain characters like Lillie, Iris, Clemont and Serena relatable in certain parts of their story. Despite Journeys having some issues, what they did do right is put all of these character in different progressive scenarios. It's clear they aren't in the same mindsets and positions they were when the last time we've seen them. So despite them not aging, you feel like your favorite characters have grown up with you. It was a good love letter to fans.

Pokémon has been great and continues to be great even when things are bad (or good?) you can always express excitement with everyone theorizing what the new games will be like, the anime as well.

Even when things are pretty dim you can always build community with people and have days and months discussing the show and games waiting for new news.

And as somebody who has their shy moments, it’s been a great help being an ice breaker with people. It’s influence, it’s even helping me now since I was able to gain a really good pal from playing SV at school.

So while it is sad that Ash is leaving, the core part of Pokémon and it’s influence will continue on and at least he left with a bang.
Do we know if Rikos actually battling though? If this is based on her bio of wanting to do gyms, I’m hearing it came from 4chan and is considered a fake leak.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Do we know if Rikos actually battling though? If this is based on her bio of wanting to do gyms, I’m hearing it came from 4chan and is considered a fake leak.
I think we only have names and character designs after that launch trailer. So nothing confirmed at the moment.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I know people here have expressed their disinterest of Ash and are looking forward to Pokemon’s future going through new changes, but I just can’t help but feel conflicted and hesitant on a new era. It’s incredibly hard to imagine Pokemon without Ash and Pikachu, so the hesitance for me is definitely there. Not just because of my attachments to Ash, but also because of the simple fact that change isn’t necessarily a good thing all the time. Someone has to say it. Many are optimistic and always have this belief that change is good, which is fine, but I just can’t agree with that. Having experienced sequels to many beloved shows from childhood (Naruto/Boruto, TLA/Legend of Korra, Yugioh sequels, Digimon sequels, Beyblade sequels, etc.) it’s a hit or miss as to whether or not it works out great or terrible, and now Pokémon enters this area too. There are just some cases where change doesn’t work out the way people expect them to, that it isn’t for some people, and that’s fine. I know Pokemon’s anime isn’t supposed to be targeting me, so I shouldn’t have many expectations for it to. But the writing is on the wall either way.

I dunno, i've been with the anime since the beginning myself, and I'm not sure keeping Ash and Pikachu around after what he just achieved is any better off.

I'd rather see him and Pikachu on a high note like being the strongest in the world, than get reset again just because, cause after all you can't truly improve by going backwards.

Alot of those entries you mentioned also are different from pokemon in the way that, protagonists of those shows were allowed to succeed and have high point moments.

It took 22 years for Ash to win a regional league, nothing he had done beforehand, even the orange islands and battle frontier, did not compare in terms of importance.

To have to wait that long to see a protag succeed...it's sad, and quite frankly should've happened to Ash and Pikachu sooner.

I understand your feelings though, after all we're all feeling it, but i'm gonna keep watching and hope these new characters are fun and enjoyable.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

People are assuming she is a battler because of the how the poster and the initial trailer were more focused on her. Also the hairpin being shaped like the league logo on Ash's first cap.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case. For some reason, all of those affirmations are reminding me of the whole "Goh is a girl" which we got back when JN was revealed.

If she turns out to NOT be a battler, I predict a worse backlash than on Journeys. But that's a concern for another day, if that happens.

Either way, still willing to watch the show. And not going to lie, I wouldn't mind if Liko is the most focused but isn't a battler.

diesglamouris

If she turns out to NOT be a battler, I predict a worse backlash than on Journeys. But that's a concern for another day, if that happens.

Either way, still willing to watch the show. And not going to lie, I wouldn't mind if Liko is the most focused but isn't a battler.
I don't really care about Liko being or not a battler, honestly. A female battler would be nice, but as I've once said, this series is focusing less on battles in general.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The leaks are most likely fake but assuming that she might appear to be more relevant than Roy (this is going by the poster), I'd imagine she might be taking the typical Gym route. At the very least since it's only two of them and they're pretty new, she'll be battling in some capacity. Nothing proven though besides copium she's a battler.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I just can't see how they make the new main protagonist of Pokemon not battle.

Moreso, contests are long gone. They could make an OC thing like for Serena, but that just doesn't seem likely at all.

ShuckFam

Making Misty and Ash AMVs after their wedding is confirmed. Confirmed song choices include: under the mistletoe, together 4 ever, you will always be my best (girl)friend and Linkin Park (In the end).

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
With the franchise, I’ll definitely still be around playing the games. That part’s not gonna change.

The anime though? I’ll have to see. I grew up with Ash and, while I got invested in the characters over the years, Ash was basically the glue that held it all together and kept things grounded, that even when we met so many new faces, there was at least always a familiarity that remained. And it always felt nice seeing Ash’s growing teams of Pokémon from across the generations. Now though, it’s essentially starting totally from zero after a 25 year investment. So I’ll have to see as I can’t give a conclusive statement now.

Making Misty and Ash AMVs after their wedding is confirmed. Confirmed song choices include: under the mistletoe, together 4 ever, you will always be my best (girl)friend and Linkin Park (In the end).
It’s going to be so funny to see your reaction IF Ash and Serena get married or Amour becomes canon.

KukuiFanatic501

With the franchise, I’ll definitely still be around playing the games. That part’s not gonna change.

The anime though? I’ll have to see. I grew up with Ash and, while I got invested in the characters over the years, Ash was basically the glue that held it all together and kept things grounded, that even when we met so many new faces, there was at least always a familiarity that remained. And it always felt nice seeing Ash’s growing teams of Pokémon from across the generations. Now though, it’s essentially starting totally from zero after a 25 year investment. So I’ll have to see as I can’t give a conclusive statement now.
This reminds me, with the current news, now it makes things for other characters just as weird too if we’re likely never seeing them again or not anytime soon. Like Cynthia stating she’d retire from battles only to change her mind a few episodes later.

KukuiFanatic501

Lol, I doubt any shipping becomes canon though.

I doubt he'll even age past 10 years old tbh.
We don’t even know if this series is even in the same timeline yet either. So many possibilities are up in the air.

For all we know, they could make AU Ash her father so that Ash is tied to her but she doesn’t have any ties to the main series timeline either.

Status
Not open for further replies.