• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziryu

Ash's Pikachu is special since it can hurt Ground-types with its Electric-type attacks. Plus, its king of the Pikachus in that forest area back in Kanto.

LizardonX

Banned
It's the only pikachu that can both OHKO regice and lose to a snivy.

MewOneTwo

Wow, Ash's Pikachu is very very very special. Why? This is my reason.
[spoil]I watched the most recent episode of Pokemon Best Wishes 2 episode 13: Advance of Therian Formes! Unova's Greatest Crisis! just aired in Japan a few days ago.

In this episode, Giovanni and Team Rocket capture Meloetta and use her to summon three legendary Pokemon. There is a raging battle between the legendary Pokemon and other Pokemon from Ash and his gang's side. In one scene, Pikachu uses thunderbolt gallantly to protect Dragonite against an attack by one legendary Pokemon. Pikachu absorbs some energy from the attack. Next, at the top of a tower, Ash tells Pikachu to use Electro Ball against Giovanni to help release Meloetta.

Oh wow! you should watch that part where Pikachu builds a super gigantic Electro Ball and launches it at Giovanni, Team Rocket and the evil professor. That is awefully explosive. The Electro Ball is as big as the one where Goku in Dragon Ball Z makes and tosses it at Frieza.
I know Pikachu uses his absorbed energy to power up the ball so big. He is truly special.[/spoil]

I recommend that you watch that episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
When Team Rocket first appeared, they battled Pikachu. Meowth tried to battle him, but lost. Pikachu is a mouse; Meowth is a cat. To save face, Meowth told Team Rocket that Pikachu is unusually strong. Jesse and James went along with it, because Meowth was their boss.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

He's special because he's the main star of the show. Period.

But well, it's a Pikachu that can beat legendaries like Registeel and almost lose against weak stuff like Tynamo (that was a "technical" loss, he was humiliated).

Everlasting

Everything stays.

pokemonpokemon

Ash's Pikachu is really special. I remember that way back in season 1 there is an episode, called Goodbye Pikachu. In the episode, there is a whole bunch of Pikachu. But, I was able to identify exactly which one was Ash's. When I see pictures of Pikachu online, my senses tell me which Pikachu is Ash's and which one is not.

Ash's Pikachu is different than all other pokemon in the entire Goldfish Bowl. Pikachu is wildly popular with people in general, and has caused people to think that the particular species of Pokemon, Pikachu, is actually good! ChaCha on!

drmkwk

well if you notice at the start of each new generation pikachu always discharges all its electricity. I think thats how it resets its own power level.

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
Ooh this is just a rumour but Red might be Ash's older brother, you can see the resemblance between the both of them. Anyways, as Red started his adventures beating team rocket and going up Mt. Silver. Technically Ash looked up to Red, and wanted to be the very best trainer. Red knew Ash was turning 10 so knowing Ash was going to be late, he sent his OVERPOWERED Pikachu to Professor Oak. And so on if you seen the anime, this may be the reason for Pikachu disliking Ash at the start of the anime.

Blaziryu

Ash's Pikachu is special because it can put aura power into its electric attacks which inflicts damage to any type of Pokemon.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
He's the only Electric type able to hit ground types back in the OS.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Ash's Pikachu? Heck, does it even have a light ball?

fitzy909

Just another guy
I guess being able to hit ground types with electric type attacks is pretty special and it's fairly strong. But really, if team rocket tried to steal other pokemon and not follow ash just to get ptkachu then they'd have more luck. Really, pikachu is just an above average pikachu with nothing else outstanding about it. Although it does do very good impressions!

Tamer Hamlet

Meta Game Trainer
There is absolutely nothing special at all about ash's/Satoshi's Pikachu, o__o why would you consider the Gym Battle against Brock Onix and Ash Pikachu a win or even a battle e.e the whole thing was a fluke, If I were Brock I would of asked for a re match since using the sprinklers against onix was a cheap and dirty trick and by no means a fair battle.

e.e how is it that Onix being a rock type even with the sprinkles soaking Onix wet make any damage to Onix its a darn Rock type...Point is Ash's Pikachu and sometimes e.e not all the time ash pulls unfair and dirty tricks such as what happened with Onix, even Raichu and Magmar almost killed it.

another Fluke of a battle e.e Pikachu vs Rhydon.

Not to mention lol Team Rocket were the weakest Trainers ever.

Edit:

@Affection Ash(ash was second) was based after Trainer Red(Red was first) so in no way are the two related, Ash Pikachu and Red's Pikachu are totally different Pokemons. Same goes for Gary which was based also after Green from the Pokemon Red and Blue Gameboy Games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.