• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*~Silver*~

I remember in the very beginning of season 1, in the episode Ash met Brock, they used static to make Pikachu more powerful. I also recall that in the first episode Jessie and James had already decided that there was something special about Ash's Pikachu, so I guess the writers just needed some reason for Team Rocket to be so focused on that certain Pikachu.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
it super powered it just has unnartural power what makes it so powerful I don't know what it. it could just be a strong pokemon

Again struct by lightning and super charged duh! :(

I don't see how that logic works; if you strike a generator w/ lighting, it just shorts out.

Let's take a look at some of its big battles:
Brock: He didn't KO it; he injured it. If I were to drench you in water and shock you, no matter how little damage you'd take, you'd still be pretty injured... Unless you're Quagsire.
Misty: Refused to fight.
Surge: it was a matter of pride
Sabrina: scared to death

All in all, it's the humanity of it, I guess.

Over the course of the anime, pikachu has absorbed bolts of electricity and transferred that into it's thunderbolt several times, causing a super-powered thunderbolt, we already know pikachu has the ability static, stated by brock a few times (including ash vs paul) but pikachu's hidden ability is lightening rod, which absorbs electric attack and boosts special attack, this seems like pikachu has both static and lightening rod, despite the fact pokemon can only have 1 ability, it's never been stated that pikachu has lightening rod, plus this ability was only introduced in gen 5. Although i think pokemon planned it from the start since no other electric pokemon has had this power that pikachu does, plus in the the most recent anime ep, rival destinies ep 49, pikachu does the same thing, only with electro ball and team rocket again says pikachu is special. So i think pikachu somehow has the second ability lightening rod as well as static, and somehow pikachu's lighening rod is more powerfull than normal. Other than this, pikachu is on par with ash's other pokemon most of the time.

Over the course of the anime, pikachu has absorbed bolts of electricity and transferred that into it's thunderbolt several times, causing a super-powered thunderbolt, we already know pikachu has the ability static, stated by brock a few times (including ash vs paul) but pikachu's hidden ability is lightening rod, which absorbs electric attack and boosts special attack, this seems like pikachu has both static and lightening rod, despite the fact pokemon can only have 1 ability, it's never been stated that pikachu has lightening rod, plus this ability was only introduced in gen 5. Although i think pokemon planned it from the start since no other electric pokemon has had this power that pikachu does, plus in the the most recent anime ep, rival destinies ep 49, pikachu does the same thing, only with electro ball and team rocket again says pikachu is special. So i think pikachu somehow has the second ability lightening rod as well as static, and somehow pikachu's lighening rod is more powerfull than normal. Other than this, pikachu is on par with ash's other pokemon most of the time.

It came out in GenIII, GenI if you cout the Rhydon in the anime that had it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It's Arceus in disguise.

shifty eyes

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
he has the ability to increase and decrease his levels on the fly.
which is why every time they go to a new region, he sucks.

*~Silver*~

Again struct by lightning and super charged duh! :(

I still think it was, like a said before, when in the episode Ash first met Brock they used the static electricity to super charge Pikachu so that he would win the battle. I think I said this before too, but the problem with that is that Team Rocket decided his Pikachu was unnaturally strong before that even happened.

Lucille

Rewatch OS and you'll see why he's so strong. Pikachu is amazing and I always look forward to seeing him battle

Battra

He's a dues ex machina created by the writers to get them out of actually having to write decent story's.

Rewatch OS and you'll see why he's so strong. Pikachu is amazing and I always look forward to seeing him battle

High Speed, SpAtk, Agility, good hearing, improv abilities, able to take hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.