• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaPiPi

;025;

Pikachu is my most favorite Pokemon because it is so adorable.

As I recall from the 2nd episode of the very first season, Team Rocket's Meowth says that Ash's Pikachu is really special. So, they have been trying to capture him for their boss since then.

Honestly, I don't see anything truly special about Ash' s Pikachu because he looks exactly the same as other Pikachu. If you mix him up with other Pikachu, it would be almost impossible to identify him correctly in the group.

Maybe, Ash's Pikachu has defeated 3 strong Pokemon in the past that sets him apart from other ordinary Pikachu.

First, when Ash has the very 1st gym battle against Brock, Pikachu beats Onix by luck when he sets off the water sprinklers with his random electric hits. The water weakens Onix and helps Pikachu beat it with thunder bolt.

Second, in Orange Island Adventures, Ash challenges Drake who has a Dragonite. Before its battle against Pikachu, Dragonite is slightly exhausted after a few battles against Ash's other Pokemon and Team Rocket's interference. This situation brings Pikachu an advantage to be victorious with the finishing move, thunder.

Third, in The Mastermind of Pokemon Mirage, when Mewtwo tries to destroy Pikachu and others, Mew holds back Mewtwo. That gives him to chance to defeat Mewtwo with volt tackle.

If it is not these big lucky wins by Pikachu, why would he be considered special?

Does anyone see anything really special about Ash' s Pikachu?

Last edited:

shelldude400

Just a strong Pikachu :p
I'm sure it would own other Pikachu in a fight >:D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't know anymore. Just because the Team Rocket trio said he's "special" doesn't mean Ash's Pikachu really is special. He's just been trained a lot over the years, so of course he's going to be powerful (except for, oh I don't know, losing to new Pokémon every single freaking time despite being high-leveled).

The first gym battle was cheap, Flint got Pikachu powered up just for such a fight, and we never did see such spectacular battles since then, except on rare occasions where his Thunderbolt makes explosions.

I don't remember much of that Orange Islands episode to make a proper comment.

Mirage Mewtwo wasn't the real one despite being just as powerful. Mirage Mew was pretty much overwriting the data in the system which I guess you can say was glitching Mirage Mewtwo in a way. Had Pikachu defeated Mirage Mewtwo when he was fully powered, I would've let it slide.

Lucky wins do not make a Pokémon "special", because they're done by luck, not by skill.

Makes me wonder if the writers know what they're doing with Ash's Pikachu anymore. He was more impressive in the first season, but not by much, really. Though I did like it when he learned new skills in the Hoenn saga, I'll give him and Ash that.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
There's nothing special about Pikachu.

He just so happens to have Friendship Power working in his favor.

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
Well he is special because he was Ash's first pokemon and is actually a very powerful pikachu

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I've imagined that the electricity Pikachu's absorbed is what set him apart from other Pikachu. It's amped up his strength in many ways compared to most Pikachu, and the fact Ash's training him has made him stronger, even if he does get debilitated a lot of times in the beginning of each new saga, but I chalk it up to some bad writing tactics even with Pikachu's experience. Sure, Levels aren't used supposedly in the anime, but it still is a bother. Anyhow, I've often beleived from the times Pikachu's absorbed electricity that he's gained power from it; from absorbing that electricity from Misty's bike and all those Pikachu at the Viridian City Pokémon Center as well as when Flint helped him and Ash get ready for a rematch with Brock and other times too.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Ash's Pikachu has a rare trait known as Being The Most Marketable Pokemon, which allows it to win almost any battle even when such a win defies reality itself.

Although by now, Ash has has Pikachu for so long that you could argue a lot of its power comes from trainer and Pokemon knowing each other for so long and being really in sync with each other. And there's also the ~power of friendship~ that the anime loves to use so much.

nuzamaki90

He trains a lot and has a lot more experience than most Pikachus and most Pokemon in general.

He's only special because he's got that crazy bond with Ash that makes it so when there is a huge crisis where many people and Pokemon's lives are on the line or a very heated moment that both his trainer and himself can feel, some or in other cases, all of his attacks become OHKOs lol xP

Thriller

Its almost time
There is nothing special about Ash's Pikachu. Nothing at all.

Team Rocket were always idiot villains through and through, they just weren't always exploited for it but rather for their kleptomaniac characteristics and their animal sidekick.

They believed it was all Ash's Pikachu at the Viridian Pokemon Center because they got really shocked, when it was pretty clear to us viewers that that was because of like 10-15 other Pikachus the hospital was using for "Pika-Power..."

Ah well, the writers needed a way to make TR stick as the series antagonists.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
There is absolutely nothing special about ash's pikachu the reason team rocket thinks there is something special about it (and correct me if im wrong) is because A. they are idiots B. when it sent them blasting off the first time it had help from other pikachu and C. when its electir attack mixed with koffing's gas it create an explosion that sent TR blasting off.
as for its victory over regice and its draw with latios those were both a combination of pure dumb luck and the writers irratating influence.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
There is absolutely nothing special about ash's pikachu the reason team rocket thinks there is something special about it (and correct me if im wrong) is because A. they are idiots B. when it sent them blasting off the first time it had help from other pikachu and C. when its electric attack mixed with koffing's gas it create an explosion that sent TR blasting off.

That, Team Rocket was just misdirected about the whole thing.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

He is the main character's starter. Maybe that's why... Not to mention beating TR's arse for almost every episode.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
it some how knows how to reset its levels no other pokemon knows how to do that Team Rocket wants to catch Pikachu so they can learn how to reset other pokemons levels so that they can rule the world with a iron fist!!!

XD no but Pikachus just very strong

jrizza88

Meteorite
I think the specialness to him is the fact that Pikachu is able to take on such tough opponents! Most Pikachu's would not stand a chance against 80% of these Pokemon he battles. I think the specialness is the fact that Ash's Pikachu possesses so much power when compared to other Pokemon. Only reason it sucks at the start of each Saga is because of plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.