• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the best dragon (like) pokemon ever???

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
I'm tired of statting the obvious :p Dragonite, hands down.

Shinato Kawasaki

Dragon Master
Charizard is just classic. Sceptile is the only Grass-Type Dragon-like Pokémon which makes it pretty cool as well. When it comes to real Dragon-Types, I love Salamence, Dragonite, Flygon, Garchomp, and Kingdra.

my dragonite knows not much good moves.
do you know a good moveset for it???

Current:
Wise Glasses
Dragon pulse
Surf
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
My ultimate team (Lv 100s) is:
Latios
Latios
Lugia
Charizard
Tyranitar

At the moment training:
Steelix
Dragonite
Latias up to 100

ZFXZFX

Charizard. My 3rd favourite pokemon. My favourite dragon pokemon, is actually Kingdra.

Rayko

I think the best dragons are Dragonite, Feraligatr, Charizard, Tyranitar, and Flygon. they're all awesome and 1337.

Flame Mistress

I love Flygon and Altaria, based on looks.

Based on power, I think Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon are the best.

unstopable373

Salamence is my all time fav ever since 3rd gen, screw Dragonite

after that is Flygon,Kingdra,Charizard,Dragonite,Hydreigon,Altaria,Gyrados and Scrafty (it's in the breeding group).

Garchomp is at the bottom, not because I hate it, it's just because I'm not that fond of it.

Obviously Bagon is my most favorite non evolved dragon

XXD17

Draco rex
dragons are definitely my favorite pokemon...but dragon teams are severely hard to use due to SR which takes a toll on a majority due to a common flying secondary type which also causes the huge ice weaknesses...if I have to choose some for and OU team, I'd go...

Garchomp- sand veil-life orb
adamant/ jolly, max attack and speed
-EQ
-S-dance
-fire fang
-dragon claw/ outrage

Salamence-intimidate-expert belt
adamant, max attack and speed
-EQ
-d-dance
-fire blast
-dragon claw/ outrage

Milotic-marvel scale-leftovers
calm, max defense and SD
-surf/ scald
-ice beam
-dragon tail
-recover

Hydreigon-levitate-wise glasses/choice scarf
timid, max speed and special attack
-dark pulse
-dragon pulse/ draco meteor
-flamethrower/ fire blast
-surf/ focus blast

Serperior-contrary-leftovers
timid, max speed and SA
-leaf storm
-dragon tail/ dragon pulse (if it gets it in grey)
-leech seed
-hidden power fire

Haxorus-mold breaker-focus sash/ expert belt
adamant, max speed and attack
-dragon claw/ outrage
-d-dance
-EQ
-rock slide

a great substitute for hydreigon would be:

Latios-levitate-choice scarf/ wise glasses
modest, max speed and SA
-draco meteor
-psychic
-grass knot
-shadow ball/ recover

some other good candidates are timid swift swim kingdra with rain dance wher it can be a great counter to all the drizzle-toed teams out there, d-dance gyarados, SR aerodactyl, bulky multiscale dragonite wall with roost, max speed archeops with acrobatics and flying gem, modest choice scarf sceptile, solar power charizard to counter the drought-tales teams and u-turn flygon

also, I occasionally sneak in a lucario since lucario can learn dragon pulse and is also a great counter to ice moves, it's modest, max speed and SA with choice scarf, aura sphere, dark pulse, dragon pulse, and psychic....

Last edited:

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Charizard. Awesome. nuff said.

Favourite actual dragon type though probably Dragonite. He's so cuddly. Shame on you people that said the majestic dragonair should have never evolved.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I think the best dragons are Dragonite, Feraligatr, Charizard, Tyranitar, and Flygon. they're all awesome and 1337.

Nice Bump.

My favorite Draconic Pokemon are Archeops, Garchomp, & Rayquaza.

Flippd

Dragonite is awesome. It looks, at some points, cute! Garchomp is a regular dragon. I mean, it flies, is blue, the common dragon color, and has a rawry cry. Other nice dragons are Charizard, Gyarados, Kingdra, and Hydreigon.

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
Charizard. Awesome. nuff said.

Favourite actual dragon type though probably Dragonite. He's so cuddly. Shame on you people that said the majestic dragonair should have never evolved.
Agreed so much. So what if Dragonair could change the weather, Dragonite saves people from drowning. Dragonite beats Dragonair in every way.
;149;>;148;

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp are my fav dragon types.

Dragon-like pokemon which are my faves are Charizard and Gyarados (Wish they were actually dragon types)

I didn't say legendaries because I love all the dragon-type legendaries.

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Kibago! It's so cute and cool. But if I should go with power I would choose Dragonite.
(Axew.)

-Xen-

Salamence. It's one of the few Pokemon that ACTUALLY looks like a dragon.

Hydreigon is pretty awesome too.