• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the best way to catch Chansey?

I. Diddley

Just a dude
Can you guys post like what combinations you used like bait, rock, etc. I've been trying for a long time now but, they keep running away. PLz help.

It's really just all luck.
Hence Chansey.
I usually just throw one rock.

Mr.Cherimu

Cherimu addict
It's luck, I captured my chansey with just one safari ball (no rocks nor bait)

After 5 levels mine evolved into a blissey

EDIT: You can also try the cerulean cave and/or pokemon xd (both much easier than the safari zone

Warri0r

Frontier Trainer

Brocko18

Training telekinetic
what I would say is to just throw a safari ball, and hope that it captures the chansey. That's how I caught mine, bred it, traded the egg over to my Sapphire, and trained it from level five at the beginning of my new game where it eventually evolved into Blissey at level 23. :D

I. Diddley

Just a dude
im hoping for the the egg uhh, ^^ im doing ur tip and its succesful, i have 10 so far, with venonat in front, but still no egg (sigh)

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
I just hope i get lucky and throw a safari ball at it right away. Rocks make it easier to catch and bait makes it harder to catch. Bait makes it stay longer and rocks make it flee easily.

Phillyboomerangs

Pinsir>Heracross
i usally just throw a safari ball at chansey and eventually you catch one i have one. when i try to throw a rock they run at least you got a shot at it

jirachiwisha

The Wish Maker
here's the best way, bait (hope it doesn't escape), rock, rock (i experimented with emulators and stuff, 80% chance that u can throw 2 rocks) then ball (again, about 80% catch rate, if not, 3 shakes and brake free) even if u fail, there is a good chance that she (chansey is always a she) will stay

I. Diddley

Just a dude
i've caught 18 but still no egg, it seems like now the chansey all have evalated there power lol it sounds stupid but when ever i throw a ball it breaks free the moment it closes, i've seen around 20 and the closest i got was two shakes