• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the deal with Red's parents?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I don't recall them ever discussing his parents, or really any family members.

shengar

Silent reader
Yeah, very surprising since we know that Red have a mom in the game. It kinda too late to make her appear right?
Beside Red's parent, I also curious bout Green's parent. All we know is that his grandfather is a professor. what about his father and mother?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It doesn't matter.

Lot's of stories go without addressing the main characters parents.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Unless there's another Kanto remake I don't think Red's backstory will ever be heavily focused upon. Good thing he won that free chapter, maybe we'll learn something there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have wondered about Red's family members from time to time, but I wouldn't mind too much if we never hear anything about them since I don't think they'd be that important to the story.

Good thing he won that free chapter, maybe we'll learn something there.

Oh, I think I remember hearing about that...but I think it was quite a while ago. Does anyone know when that chapter is coming out?!

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
They should have some sort of backstory for Red and the rest. It makes me wonder...

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Yeah, it doesn't matter that we don't know Red's family, but it would be nice if we could get to see or at least hear of them. Platinum Fan brings up a great point, maybe they can show or mention them in the chapter he won.

Does anyone know when that chapter is coming out?!
I believe it'll be included in volume 40 if memory serves, which comes out in May.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
In FRLG arc Red mentioned something along the line about not having a family. So I just presume that he's an orphan.

No, he mentioned not having a family to fight for.

Prof. Oak and Green's parents were kidnapped. Red got nothing for him

Leety

PokeSpe Enthusiast
Red seemingly having no family and mentionning he has nobody to fight for + Red eyes = Really odd kid!

I think I'm looking too hard into this, though.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Beside Red's parent, I also curious bout Green's parent. All we know is that his grandfather is a professor. what about his father and mother?

Green's parents haven't appeared in the games so I doubt they'd appear here. They could aways go with the Zensho route and say he's an orphan.

Maybe Red has no family.. Then who raised him?

lolipiece

Staff member
Red seemingly having no family and mentionning he has nobody to fight for + Red eyes = Really odd kid!

I think I'm looking too hard into this, though.

What does his eyes have to do with anything?

This is a manga, people have weird colored hair and eyes in the,

I found it pretty odd that not even Red's mother was mentioned, seeing as he does have a mother in game canon.

Who knows if we will ever know about this. :c

What does his eyes have to do with anything?

This is a manga, people have weird colored hair and eyes in the,

in the what?
D: Oh no! Did Candle Jack ta-

ParaChomp

be your own guru
What's the deal with parents in Pokemon in general? End of discussion!

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Yeah, I sometimes think that parents don't even exist in the manga, or near extinct.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Well technically, I wouldn't see what difference Red's hypothetical mother/father would make in the manga since a majority (or all, sorry if I'm mistakened) of the manga character's parents make slight appearences. Of course, the most appearences we'd ever see from the parents would be in the beginning. But the story naturally revolves around the major characters, such as the protagonists themselves.

But hey, Red is best known to be a lone traveler with the sole purpose to be the best by travelling miles and experiencing battles. Red is best off with the Professor and Green's sister (forgot the name) as his main allies in the series.