• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the first episode of the anime you remember watching?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The first thing I remember watching is Pokemon the First Movie. I had had no exposure to the anime apart from the news on the Porygon episode and had no knowledge of the games, so the movie was definitely a fresh experience. I remember I kept watching for Team Rocket to turn up again, definitely the first sign they would become my favorite characters. I liked it better than the second movie the first time around, but I would later grow to love the second movie better. I watched a few episodes here and there, among them I remember seeing was Bye Bye Psyduck, but I didn't start watching the series regularly until season 4. I haven't watched any episodes for quite a while due to real life, but eventually I'll get back to it.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
A Chansey Operation was playing on the TV of a pediatrician's waiting room I was in one day. That was my first exposure to Pokémon.

Dzentelmen

My first episode was the Orange Island one where there's a big Bulbasaur living in the sewers. Before that the only two Pokemon I knew were Rattata and Krabby.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
My memories are quite fussy since it seems I mixed my memories of Pokemon with the ones of Digimon (They aired both on weekends almost at the same time in diferent networks)

I want to say the first one but I don't know. However the first one I have vivid memories of it is The PIkahuna I even remember telling my parents to wait for me to lunch because I wanted to see if the Blue Eyed Pikachu surfed the big wave.

Antiyonder

Overlord
While we're all feeling a little nostalgic at the moment, thought this might make for a fun discussion. I'll start.

I remember it surprisingly vividly. I was visiting my aunt's house at the time when my cousin, who is about 7 or 8 years older than me, turned on the TV to watch Pokemon, the episode being The Bridge Bike Gang (OS036). If I'm not mistaken, this was when the episode debuted in the US, which would have been Oct. 23, 1998 (a few days shy of my 3rd birthday, actually).

Yeah I didn't immediately watch regular until my cousin put on some VHS episodes Pokémon Shipwreck and Island of the Giant Pokémon, but TBBG was my first viewing during a week in February 1999 (We moved states shortly before).

Good first episode and I would have checked out more anyway.

iraqmaster

My first episode was Sparks For Magnemite..