• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you when using Metronome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
My Snorlax has given me some interesting things from Metronome.

Fling while holding my only Lucky Egg...twice(which is why it is funny).

Judgment...on a Hoppip.

I think Lunar Dance at one point.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
My Smeargle, whom I Sketched the move Metronome to, used Bubble on a Parasect.

It also used Splash twice in two consecutive turns. It was failsauce.

Also, my Togetic used Toxic Spikes, a move I had no idea existed up until that point.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
A Trainers Togepi used Draco Meteor against my Gible. Suffice to say, it was a OHKO -_-

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Alright, I was training Charizard, and I was facing a clefable. I thought, It's gonna use thunder and kill my charizard. And, it did, and thunder hit too. Out of every pokemon move, that came out.

If I used Metrenome, most of the time I'd end up with Splash. This was in the Pokemon league too. Which I had beaten about 50 times, but that's not the point. A Togepi I think used Explosion or SelfDestruct. ._.

AceTrainerGabri

My best was back in Silver:

My Togepi used Transform on a wild Rattata, and back then you still had your colour, so i had a

WHITE RATTATA!!!

That was the most epic thing ever... :D

Illusione-Tempus

AceTrainerGabri said:
My best was back in Silver:

My Togepi used Transform on a wild Rattata, and back then you still had your colour, so i had a

WHITE RATTATA!!!

That was the most epic thing ever... :D

Cool.

My Togetic once used Draco Meteor. *shudder*

smellaby

my Jynx once used metronome twice and both times used fake tears, only problem was my jynx already carried that move!
metronome can be way to frustrating sometimes!

tom-tom

Furret <3
Well I once used Sky Attack out of metronome with my Togepi. It was pretty funny and cool at the same time because this was in Silver so I had no idea what the move was.

Mye

Someone has to win..
“Snorlax uses dark void. Wild hooh is asleep. Snorlax uses nightmare, wild hooh is afflicted. Snorlax uses dream eater, kills hooh” 3 consecutive metronomes...lol

EDIT: happened on SS...lol...

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
My Togekiss used Sacret Fire twice in a row, I owned my opponent's metal team and I was left baffled.

AZX612

On my own here we go
Once in my Platinum, I was at that double battle cafe place, and my Togepi use SACRED. FIRE. I was left with a drop-jaw espression on my face

And just yesterday (I had recently restarted my HG and SS) I was battling Whitney, and her clefairy uses metronome, and guess what comes out? ROAR. OF. TIME.

Sleek (My Sentret) had FULL HEALTH (About 50-60 at this point) and was left with 10 HP

I was like... no, words cannot describe this fail, but that Roar of Time cost me the win... Because her Miltank KO'ed Serenity (Chickorita) and Strat (Butterfree) and I had no Potions/Revives...

EDIT
I just battled her again, and all I have to say is, THIS CLEFAIRY HAS PROBLEMS!!!
It used OVER HEAT, DRACO METEOR, POISON FANG (And badly poisoned my Pkmn) AND POWDERED SNOW (And froze my Pkmn)

Last edited:
I was so proud when my togepi used Aeroblast while training in ilex forest =P

It's also used Explosion many a time.

Concept

Führer of Fun
My Smeargle, whom I Sketched the move Metronome to, used Bubble on a Parasect.

Except it didn't, because metronome can't be sketched, so Smeargle can't get metronome.

my Jynx once used metronome twice and both times used fake tears, only problem was my jynx already carried that move!
metronome can be way to frustrating sometimes!

Except again, it didn't, because metronome will never call a move the user already knows.

If you're going to lie, at least check how the moves you've lying about work before you do.

I've had the same metronome used explosion experiences as anyone else. Plus aeroblast one time, which was pretty funky.

DarkLikeTheNewMoon

Sleepy Pyromaniac :3
Except it didn't, because metronome can't be sketched, so Smeargle can't get metronome.

Ne, what if the Smeargle was useing it on a Gen III game, or traded over?

I've once gotten Sleep-Talk from metrenome, which failed epicly and Judgment, which unfortunatly missed, The funny thing was that my Togetic (Ritsuka) used it against my Step-brothers AR Shiny Arceus's X33 (Was in a double battle).

7 tyranitars

togepi using sacred fire and zap cannon in a row both hitting (was on pokemon silver)
togepi using lunar dance in HG

Status
Not open for further replies.