• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats the greatest thing about the Pokemon Series so far?

CliveKoopa

It's the sheer length of it.

Back in 1998, none of us could have ever imagined the show would go on for 600+ episodes. It's just insane to think about it.

I originally believed the show would end after maybe 5-7 seasons, but to see it go on for so long, its really amazing.

Yeah I agree. I, personally thought it would have ended after Johto. But I am glad it is still going.

say

Pale Moonlit Face
Well... through the decade when Pokemon ruled and dominated hand held games, i say, as the time progresses they're becoming extremely epic.

You see, at first, makers of the said franchise only did this thing for fun. Now, it dramatically turned to something business like, if you know what i mean. Before, Legendary Pokemons consists of only typical Fire, Thunder types. Now... if you'd noticed, it became a lot more epic! I'm talking about Dialga and Palkia that represents Space and Time.

See the complexity? It's really good! And it's getting better! I dunno but i think Pokemon domination would last for another ten years.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•

Back in 1998, none of us could have ever imagined the show would go on for 600+ episodes. It's just insane to think about it.

I originally believed the show would end after maybe 5-7 seasons, but to see it go on for so long, its really amazing.

Agreed. I'm so glad it lasted this long. I'm sure when we're in the 10th generation, we'll look back to this thread :p Lol.

Dark Master Zork

dark scizor master
i would have to say the show hase gone down connterbly ...after rewatching season 1 there are so many things hase changed and it hase gotten worse however the graitst thing thay have added sofar is a stronger roll of status conditions in the battles other than that thay focus more on feiendship than battleing, gyms, contests, and fighting wild pkmn is a extreemaly rare thing now thay need to put more random battles from random trainers....and stop pickachu from winning against 4-5 attkers at once... with 1 attk noless...

BlueVapor

I think it's the length of the show. It really feels like your a part of Ash's long journey; and the farther we go it feels better when you look back on it and say we came all this way and how amazing that it's been getting as far as we have. Most shows won't leave you with this sense of accomplishment.
I definitely agree with this. It's almost crazy knowing that we've come so far into Sinnoh.
I think the length of the whole series is pretty amazing. I for one, thought it was going to end after Johto. And now we're past 600 episodes and we've got 12 movies, it's pretty crazy. Considering how long it's been going, it's amazing that there are still so many people who have been fans since the beginning.

Buizelster

Well I'd say the adventure aspect of the series.

zeno48

Zaker!

Pokemon is making a lot of money for nintendo so as long as that process continues then i think it will live on. It's stupid to stop when their is still a lot of money to be made and more things to try out.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I liked the first season. It was amazing. They are way better than the new episodes.

- Ash acting more like a child is hilarious.
- The music is nostalgic.
- The battles were more intense (Primeape goes Bananas, anyone?)

That's on top of my head. I watched the whole first season not long ago, and I still find it awesome and amazing, regardless some very unresponsable mistakes like Dragonite being an unknown Pokémon even though Ash's PokéDex mentions it the next episode (lol).

After Indigo Plateau, it was never the same. :(

But for me, the best parts must be the battles. Especially with some of Ash's old rivals, like Gary and Richie. I enjoy watching those.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

To everyone saying "season", Japan doesn't divide the show into seasons so the people there don't set up the show in terms of seasons...

I've said it before- one of the things I liked about Kanto (and Orange Islands too) was some of the pieced of background music that they chose. In latter regions, I didn't hear it as much, which made me sad. That was one of the problems I had with Johto. I later found out that that music was still used in the show, but the dub had replaced it a lot of those times. So the music was used the whole time in the original. (So even back in the day I liked a lot of Japanese BGM.) Of course, they make new pieces of music, though. But I did like that the dub had kept that old piece of Kanto music that played at the end of "Saving the World From Ruins!"

buizel kid

i love the show iahve seen every episode so far cant wait till the league

kantofan1221

CHAMPION
ive been watching pokemon from the begining and if anyone asks wat the best part of pokemon is i have to say the battles cause they are extremly entertaining, sometimes i even point out the mistakes ash makes in his battles lol.

theclaytonator

This may not necessarily be a positive aspect to most people (including me, actually), but that pokemon battles are becoming more strategic and pokemon are using legal moves from the game more often.

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
THe fact im not bored of pokemon even though its been going on for over a decade now, also seen every episode of it, its just a nostalgic subject for me.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
Pokemon is completely amazing it's been going on for so many years. Its the same formula every time even in the show. Very few tv shows and games have done what pokemon has done in it's short life span. Many franchises take more than this long to accomplish what pokemon has done, for example simpsons took more than a decade and a half to reach it's 500th episode while pokemon is easily going through it's 600th episode and it's always been the same story in every episode. It is also the second or third best selling game and it only took it a few years.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I liked the first season. It was amazing. They are way better than the new episodes.

- Ash acting more like a child is hilarious.
- The battles were more intense (Primeape goes Bananas, anyone?)

That's on top of my head. I watched the whole first season not long ago, and I still find it awesome and amazing, regardless some very unresponsable mistakes like Dragonite being an unknown Pokémon even though Ash's PokéDex mentions it the next episode (lol).

After Indigo Plateau, it was never the same. :(

But for me, the best parts must be the battles. Especially with some of Ash's old rivals, like Gary and Richie. I enjoy watching those.

I have to actually disagree with you. Pokemon has lost some of it's more japany and funny aspects, but it is like a fine wine it has gotten better with age. There may have been a drought at one point during some parts in Johto, many in hoenn (near the end), and the beginning of sinnoh, but the Battles have been getting better, the stories are more intresting and the fillers have a really good and funny appeal to them.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Pokemon is amazing in so many ways. I can't believe it's been 10 years since it first aired.

Rex Kamex

Pokemon is completely amazing it's been going on for so many years. Its the same formula every time even in the show. Very few tv shows and games have done what pokemon has done in it's short life span. Many franchises take more than this long to accomplish what pokemon has done, for example simpsons took more than a decade and a half to reach it's 500th episode while pokemon is easily going through it's 600th episode and it's always been the same story in every episode. It is also the second or third best selling game and it only took it a few years.

The thing about The Simpsons, though, is that they made and release less episodes a year. It's still popular, but Pokemon's schedule has generally been one new episode a week every year. If The Simpsons made more episodes, it would've gotten to 500 already (since actually, it hasn't made it yet. It passed 400 a season or two ago.)