• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the hardest person you've ever battled

Seviper74

Turn Me On
Mine is cyntha I'm stuck on her togikiss

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Cynthia in Pearl. I was on Elite Four perfect run with my overleveled Infernape. then came the hot but difficult to defeat champion.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
A random trainer with a Chansey in FireRed. Every time I battled her she would you minimize constantly. When her minimizing was maxed out, she would Egg Bomb me to death. If I hit it, she would softboil. Every battle with her took two hours. It took me five tries. Five doesn't sound like a lot, but when every battle takes two hours, it is.

McDanger

the head of team plasma, cant think of his name, hydreigon took out 4 of my guys the first time through the game

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
A random trainer with a Chansey in FireRed. Every time I battled her she would you minimize constantly. When her minimizing was maxed out, she would Egg Bomb me to death. If I hit it, she would softboil. Every battle with her took two hours. It took me five tries. Five doesn't sound like a lot, but when every battle takes two hours, it is.

Lol 10charmanders

~Lati~

Or not :/
Liza and Tate in Emerald. I eventually had to get my brother to do them for me.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Elesa was the only one I have ever had trouble with it took me four tries to beat her.

I dont have trouble with people ingame. just competitively.

Like the poster before me as an example, the games give you an edge before each gym leader.

ie: in the desert you get the TM for Rock tomb AND Dig so Elesa's gym becomes a cynch. The same with Clay's, Scald in the cold storage, Brick Break before Byron, its really hard to make the games hard.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*

Me too, uggh I hate her :S
Hardest battle?
Wi-fi hackers, Damion in Diamond 'cuz I battle with lv 50 vs him.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler

Zachmac

Online, probably someone like Magicmonkey. In game...
...this. The worst part was I was new to pokemon, and used Raichu, Vaporeon, Articuno, Alakazam and Mewtwo to try and beat it...I also tried a Hydro Pump Gyarados.

wildbiscuit

One Tough Cookie
I had quite some trouble with Juan in Emerald. The fact I allowed him some dragon dances with his Gyarados certainly didn't help me. In the end I resorted to PP stalling him with revives. Not one of proudest moments.

With in the normal story line, i would say Ghetsis was difficult considering that he had hydreigon, which obliterated most of my team with either one surf or dragon pulse. Also in PBR, one of the Stargazer Colosseum master rounds had someone who either abused evasion or had a disable strategy.
However against other people, my hardest battle would be in a competitive battle on PBR, where i just barely won over someone with a Trick Room team. Running with a team without decent bulky pokemon is definitely not a good idea.