• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's The Last Thing You Bought?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
A Pokemon TCG card holder my brother and his girlfriend are mostly in it for rare cards. I wasn't planning on making a collection but didn't want to say no. They gave me 203 cards into my room so i bought a 180 card holder with a pikachu on the front.
There are like 40 cards leftovers from energy cards and support/trainer cards. Didn't want em to flood the map so they went into a
nylon bag with a pull rope.

Their small collection are rare cards that literally nuked everything compared to the entire 203 card stack.
Holo full art Rapid Strike Urshifu, Full Card Artwork Umbreon, Mew, Holographic Magcargo and a few others.
(They don't even intend of playing the card game, they just love rare artworks)

I got a few holo cards including Swablu, Thwackey. Also got a basic stage starters and a few rares.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
A few simple solid-color T-shirts, including two in plain black to go with anything.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Bought a pair of $20 eshop cards so I could get Dragon Quest Builders 2 on sale for the Nintendo Switch. Also got some other sales games too.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Bought both Pokemon White and Pearl off Ebay (yes I did check if they were legit), just need to wait for them to arrive. Managed to get Pearl for less than 34$, quite a steal considering they go for over 50-65$ instead these days. Almost had my hands on a legit copy of Pokemon Diamond for less than 25$ in total (cause tax and shipping) but I blundered and got my bid number stolen and couldn’t get it higher in time. FeelsBad lmao.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Dang that sucks. I hope you luck out next time.

PsychoLogical

Dang that sucks. I hope you luck out next time.
Already got some alternatives in mind (still low prices too despite how DP usually go for over 60-70$ these days), just need to get a second opinion from pro verifiers before I consider :p

Now I just need to find a reasonable priced and legitimate Platinum and HGSS.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Already got some alternatives in mind (still low prices too despite how DP usually go for over 60-70$ these days), just need to get a second opinion from pro verifiers before I consider :p

Now I just need to find a reasonable priced and legitimate Platinum and HGSS.

Nice.

I went through Gamestop for my Platinum version. Got it for around $40. Just made sure things were alright with the copy. They tried selling me a water damaged one. I told them in no uncertain words, no, and that I wanted to check the next copy. I did and it worked out well.

Pokefan_1987

Nice.

I went through Gamestop for my Platinum version. Got it for around $40. Just made sure things were alright with the copy. They tried selling me a water damaged one. I told them in no uncertain words, no, and that I wanted to check the next copy. I did and it worked out well.
Was the case artwork, manual or cartridge label damaged, or was the cartridge itself not working from water damage. Did you think they almost took advantage of selling a water damaged product?

I spotted Pokemon Y Version and Regular Moon version same day in my Gamestop while i bought the pokemon card holder on saturday for roughly 37.73 by converting my currency into USD (4.999 ISKR) without fluctuations. People seem to love holding onto valuable pokemon games here.

Still i own Pokemon X and Ultra Sun (Ultra versions are considered better than Sun and Moon normals) Good thing we don't have crazy auctions here for used games. Rare cards have far more fluctuating values here.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Was the case artwork, manual or cartridge label damaged, or was the cartridge itself not working from water damage. Did you think they almost took advantage of selling a water damaged product?

I spotted Pokemon Y Version and Regular Moon version same day in my Gamestop while i bought the pokemon card holder on saturday for roughly 37.73 by converting my currency into USD (4.999 ISKR) without fluctuations. People seem to love holding onto valuable pokemon games here.

Still i own Pokemon X and Ultra Sun (Ultra versions are considered better than Sun and Moon normals) Good thing we don't have crazy auctions here for used games. Rare cards have far more fluctuating values here.

It had no case or manual, so it was just the games label that was damaged. Yes I do. So I called their bluff.

Ah.

Yea, it's crazy. Prices are insane. Saw a copy of Digimon World 3 going for well over $100.

Pokefan_1987

It had no case or manual, so it was just the games label that was damaged. Yes I do. So I called their bluff.

Ah.

Yea, it's crazy. Prices are insane. Saw a copy of Digimon World 3 going for well over $100.
Forgot to mention in my store they actually had their cases might have been same owner. Sold games without cases for Nintendo games is really rare, unless it's original game up until the GBA era

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Forgot to mention in my store they actually had their cases might have been same owner. Sold games without cases for Nintendo games is really rare, unless it's original game up until the GBA era

Wow. Gamestop had quite a few games that are caseless. Been in other used game places where that wasn't the case.

Pokefan_1987

Wow. Gamestop had quite a few games that are caseless. Been in other used game places where that wasn't the case.
Just to be accurate our place is called Gamestöðin (Gamestation in Icelandic) It's the only equivalent to the American Gamestop but we don't get silly offers for power point cards.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just to be accurate our place is called Gamestöðin (Gamestation in Icelandic) It's the only equivalent to the American Gamestop but we don't get silly offers for power point cards.

Ah I see. I don't mind it too much. Saved $5 on my birthday one year on a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, so it was useful. (Being on Pro.)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
A $10 eShop card so I could buy the Rifftrax Game. I like their YouTube channel and have always wanted to riff movies, tv shows, and specials before.

PsychoLogical

Snagged a Pokemon Platinum cartridge on Ebay after only finding out it was newly listed and wasn't a bid along with no shipping fees and wasn't gonna miss the opportunity (did check for legitimacy, found it was real). Was for 54$ but paid 58 cause tax. So now I bought Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and White. For a total of 199$, I'm really mental I swear lmao. Although at the same time, it wasn't that bad as I got DP for (numbers are rounded) 31.6$ for Diamond, 34$ for Pearl, and 58$ for Platinum. When these losers normally go for over 60-70$ for DP while for Platinum its normally 70-100$+ USD. I only overpaid for White cause I was desperate at the time cause I already choked on previous attempts at snagging White, I regret and don't at the same time.

Last edited:

The_Orb

Ordered a complete Japanese copy of White 2 on Ebay for 40 US loaves.

US sellers really gotta put down the crackpipe. The box alone for that game goes for 30+ over here

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Ordered a complete Japanese copy of White 2 on Ebay for 40 US loaves.

US sellers really gotta put down the crackpipe. The box alone for that game goes for 30+ over here

Yea it's horrible. And a pain getting ahold of some games. They overcharge way too much.