• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the least amount of eggs it took you to hatch a shiny?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
If I used the Masuda Method, it would probably take me over 3000. If I didn't, it would probably take me over 10,000 tries. I don't have the patience to try this, so I have never hatched a shiny.

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
I've never hatched a shieny, All my shienys were found in the wild / traded. Im trying to hatch a Shiney Charmander snivy and Mudkip.

239 eggs on Char - nothing
97 eggs on snivy - nothing
21 eggs on mudkip - nothing

Good luck comes to those that never give up! Im going to keep at it :D

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
1! I bred a Luemineon and a Ditto(both american), and my shiny Finneon hatched. Forgot to trade it before I started Platinum over...,.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
For my Heatmor, only 5!:p

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
20 eggs for my snivy! *pokes sig* ^-^ And it was my very first time MMing.

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
This is the first time I'm hearing about hatching shinies (I thought you could only find them in the wild/trade them) Well, I'm going to start trying!

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
This is the first time I'm hearing about hatching shinies (I thought you could only find them in the wild/trade them) Well, I'm going to start trying!

You can hatch a shiny through a method called Masuda Method or MMing and it's named after the creator Junichi Masuda. If you breed a pokemon from your game and a pokemon from a foreign game (Like Japan) your chances of hatching a shiny increase to 1/2048 instead of 1/8192. There's also Soft Resetting or SRing where you save in front of a stationary pokemon (Such as Cobalion) and then you engage with it and if it's not shiny when you go to battle it, you SR and you keep doing that until it's shiny. Catching pokemon in the wild is either completely random or some people set out and Random Encounter or RE by running around in the grass until they come across a shiny. There's also chaining in D/P/Pt.

Hope that helped :)

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
It did help, thank you! I'm going to try all these methods. :D

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
My one and only MM shiny (a Minccino) hatched from the 348th egg, wich is pretty good luck, but on the 5th gen shiny thread I remember there was a guy who hatched a Rufflet in less than 10 eggs....

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
It did help, thank you! I'm going to try all these methods. :D

No problem :) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

On the topic of hatching shinies while it took only 20 eggs to get my snivy, it took over 1,700 eggs for my patrat -__-

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
The lowest I've ever gotten is my Klink in 915 eggs. It still took me a while though...

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Lowest is 197 Eggs, the highest is 491 Eggs.. for the lowest I got Shiny Wooper and for the highest I got Shiny Yamask

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
I haven't hatched a Shiny yet.. but I'm trying with Eevee in Black. I have hatched 15 eggs now.