• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the main reason people try drugs?

(I do or don't) use drugs and I believe the main reason is...

• (Do drugs) the image

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I think it is mainly due to stress/wanting to get away from reality and for the experience. The country I live in is pretty hard on illegal drugs so nobody hardly does it for the peer pressure but it is mainly either to look cool and say 'I've done weed and it's sent me as high to the clouds! Lol lol lol' and it is also just because they hate their lives and want to escape reality without death. Either way, I know I will never do it and don't really want to.

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Well I think their is a level of interest in seeing what happens, and how it feels like. That would probably go under peer pressure.

Based on the results it looks like the are two main types of druggies, the "social" drug user (the socializing factor), and the "loner" drug user (to escape reality ).

Hox

Banned
I do it for the socializing factor. The only time I ever smoke weed is when I'm out at a party (Which I don't party that much anyway) and if someone else is offering it to me. I've never payed for it for my own personal use, and never will. It's way too expensive and I have better things to blow my money on than drugs.

Shuam

righteous
The all-natural drugs are perfectly fine guys. Drink your alcohol and smoke your pot, but it's when you start getting into the man-made designer drugs that you should stop and think for a second.

Weed contains THC which is a natural substance that makes you rather happy, and in fact is a preventative measure towards Alzheimer's (meaning it can prevent it).

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
The all-natural drugs are perfectly fine guys. Drink your alcohol and smoke your pot, but it's when you start getting into the man-made designer drugs that you should stop and think for a second.

Weed contains THC which is a natural substance that makes you rather happy, and in fact is a preventative measure towards Alzheimer's (meaning it can prevent it).
The, "It's all natural, man!" argument is a bit loaded.

Bottom line: a psychoactive drug is psychoactive. It's not going to be 100 percent safe for everyone. Recreational mushrooms are completely natural, for example, and I'd never recommend them for everyone. Some people don't respond well to pot. There are even some people who should never touch a drink.

Are they usually safer than synthetic drugs? Sure. Alcohol is probably the safest mind-altering drug there is, followed by pot a step or two behind. But they're not just A-OK. And the more mind-altering, natural or not, the riskier it is to partake.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I think depression is the main reason people do drugs.

You could make that argument, but at the same time you could argue that everyone is unhappy with their lives to a degree. People wish they had more money; some people with they had companionship; others are dealing with pressures from an outside force (work, parents, etc). In this case though, everyone should have something to escape to, and while an addiction isn't the answer, a means of socializing is still nice.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I've never used drugs, and I never will. Simple as that. I think that the main reason that people try them is because of the pressure from groups. They believe that they'll think they're losers if they don't blend in with the rest of the guys around them.

This is an extremely biased poll. How about:
I do drugs for the experience.

This is always my reasoning, aside from alcohol which I just drink for the socializing aspect. I smoke weed and enjoy how it enhances my creativity, and I drop acid and enjoy how it makes me a creative genius and allows me to inspect my life and the universe in ways I never thought possible. Most of my close friends don't do drugs at all; I've literally never been peer pressured or wanted to do drugs "to feel cool" or anything, I've just always been curious about it.

I've also tried a bunch of other types of drugs but I don't use them because I don't find that they add much to my experience of life.

ChedWick

I'd have to say peer pressure is what got me to try it. Though, I wasn't all that reluctant. The opportunity presented itself and knowing a bit about what was presented to me, I was ok with it.

Same thing goes with other substances. I always did my research prior to trying anything and never touched anything addicting or what could kill me without careful monitoring, no matter the pressure.

it was mostly social from the start but I continued for a while because of ....

I did them because I was escaping reality... Acid made the escape fun most of the time, but the rest just numbed the senses and made matters worse when they wore off.

^this, then I found another outlet that was far less draining and a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Peer Pressure, Boredom, curiosity, they see how awesome people like me are and get depressed, so they take drugs to seem cooler.

Last edited:

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
Peer Pressure, Boredom, curiosity, they see how awesome people like me are and get depressed, so they take drugs to seem cooler.

I was about to respond to your post, but it seems you edited it..
Aww.

Oh and also for experimenting. There's nothing wrong with wanting to try something once just to see how it is. Makes your life more interesting when you're able to try everything at least once in your life.