• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the main reason people try drugs?

(I do or don't) use drugs and I believe the main reason is...

• (Do drugs) the image

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skydra

There's definitely the urge to be like other people, for social reasons. But I think that's probably less of a fraction than people act like; if I ever tried drugs, it would probably be for depression and the need for an escape, and I imagine that those are the main causes besides peer pressure and the need to be "in" or whatever.

Edit:
Oh and also for experimenting. There's nothing wrong with wanting to try something once just to see how it is. Makes your life more interesting when you're able to try everything at least once in your life.
That too. Unfortunately, that's probably sometimes how the people who don't really want to do drugs regularly get addicted.

Of course, I speak mostly from inference, because I've never done drugs.

Last edited:

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Honestly, I think it's to experiment, and unfortunately some people get hooked... just what I think.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Also, medical reasons. People seem to forget that not all drugs are illegal, and yes, I do know we're talking about the illegal kind.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I believe it is to "escape" reality for a short period of time, because the reality you're living in is too much for you to handle.