• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the main reason people try drugs?

(I do or don't) use drugs and I believe the main reason is...

• (Do drugs) the image

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We know drugs are addictive, but something that is not often said is why people begin to try drugs in the first place besides the usual peer pressure excuse. Obviously there are several reasons depending on each person. But from your perspective (as a drug or non-drug user) which one do you think is the most common reason?

Socializing factor - see it as a positive medium to hang out with friends and have a good time

Peer pressure
- feels others do it, and doesn't want to appear strange for not doing it when asked to

Escape reality - they know its a way to take their mind off problems/or not feel bored

Natural tendency - they see doing drugs as natural as breathing, its not a big deal so why not do it

Image - the image of drugs as being counter-culture or "being bad" is appealing to them

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I did them because I was escaping reality... Acid made the escape fun most of the time, but the rest just numbed the senses and made matters worse when they wore off.

I never used any drug, and I don't want to. I don't want to get addicted, and there is just no reason to use them. I'm a total outcast who is totally uncool, but I'd never do things I really don't want to to be cool, so also no drugs. I hate my life and reality, but I still don't want to escape reality by using drugs, I think the downsides are bigger than the adventages. Hanging out with friends is no option for me, I don't have any friends. If I did have friends who enjoyed using drugs, I'd never use drugs just for socializing.

I think most drug users are curious how it is and want to see for themselves, and some people use drugs just to be cool.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Easily the social medium. Sure there are the druggies who are terrible, but then you have the people who socialize while doing stuff which isn't really that bad.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
People take drugs because of:

Boredom
Peer pressure
Bad role model
To experiment

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
While the social/appearance factor may be up there in the top reasons, I disagree. I believe the reason most people start doing drugs is to cope with trauma of some sort.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
We know drugs are addictive, but something that is not often said is why people begin to try drugs in the first place besides the usual peer pressure excuse. Obviously there are several reasons depending on each person. But from your perspective (as a drug or non-drug user) which one do you think is the most common reason?

Socializing factor - see it as a positive medium to hang out with friends and have a good time

Peer pressure
- feels others do it, and doesn't want to appear strange for not doing it when asked to

Escape reality - they know its a way to take their mind off problems/or not feel bored

Natural tendency - they see doing drugs as natural as breathing, its not a big deal so why not do it

Image - the image of drugs as being counter-culture or "being bad" is appealing to them

I voted for the socializing factor. It gives them a reason to be "cool" and spend time with others of them who do drugs.

Usually weed, but there are other drugs I have personally heard in the classroom that have been discussed in this way.

Also, the signature of the person above me is ADORABLE

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
Drugs are fun hate to say it but its true. People experiment with them because they want to know what they're like. They're dangerous and many are highly addictive, but thats nothing when it comes to human curiosity.