• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the most recent ship you've got into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Star vs. the Forces of Evil has new episodes Mon-Thurs for the month of February (and it's been amazing), so I've been more into Starco recently. It's currently my o2p. The show is fore-shadowing a split between Star and Marco all over the damn place, and... I'm looking forward to some angst. That part should start this Thursday. Although... in the episode "Running With Scissors," Marco and Heckapoo had some serious chemistry. That was a pairing no one saw coming, but there it was. People have been joking that the show has turned into a harem anime, and, yeah, I get why. Also, apparently there's been more interest in it in general because of all the shipping conflict. Heh.

EDIT: Hoo boy, the shipping angst on this show is already getting pretty intense! The episode "Just friends?" Yeah. And "Face the Music" and "Starcrushed" promise to continue the trend. If you start watching... just, be prepared for feels.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Been playing a lot of Princess Maker 2. I love Young Dragon x Olive as well as Cube x Olive. I love how Cube always cares about Olive throughout her life and the Young Dragon is so derpy and adorable in his human form. The fact he gets mad at his perverted grampa shows that he cares about Olive.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Uhm. Since MoonLily...
Now I like Lillie x Hex Maniac ghost

It was rly from me and my gf since dhe likes the Hex Maniac ghost in the games so I kinda got attatched to it :3

Continuing on with my Amnesia: Memories obsession, I have my new favourite bromance in, like, ever.

[imgsize=250]http://i1.wp.com/parallaxplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/tumblr_mgokweaNHX1qcvkfoo1_500.gif[/imgsize]

Ikki x Kent is freakin amazing.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Since I've been watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I noticed Donatello's crush on April in both the 2003 and 2012 shows, and it's really adorable in the latter series. Like strangely adorable, I can't help grinning over it. I caught myself jotting down a couple of one-shot ideas for Don/April, and now I don't know if I'll actually go through with them lol.

Karrio

Been playing Mass Effect Andromeda so I ship: Male Ryder/Suvi.

Arrowverse: Oliver/Sara (Sorry Olicity fans, if there are any), Barry/Kara, Laurel/Cisco, Barry/Patty

babydoll

lily is by far the most annoying character of all the games I cannot stand her! Why ship her with anyone? That poor character then is stuck with her constant weakness and whining and eeurgh! They really really overdid her feminine stereotype delicate weak flowerness it was very badly written imo. "You look tired out, would you you like a lie down?" "Oh yes please", whilst she hasn't done anything and my moon character is kicking butt like a real woman and never needs a lie down (unless there's a free awakening in it) no, I intensely despise the way they've written Lily's character.

But if I were to ship her with anyone it'd be Hau, he's also of a simpler life, they'd probably suit each other quite well.

Moon however I quite like with Ilima, (once I realised he was a guy!)

(Woah what the hell happened here? That was a sudden outburst of negativity that I don't even think was entirely shipping-related)

This is definitely a platonic ship, but I'd say that I ship all five of Goldia's personalities from Pocket Mirror. I can see them all eventually accepting each other and getting along really well. Maybe Goldia could be Fleta's role model, and Harpae could be who brings Lisette back to sanity, and Enjel could be cheered up by the others and their happiness.

(I really wanna ship Demon Boy from Pocket Mirror with someone but the best I have is Elise and she isn't amazing)

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Rewatched Star vs. the Forces of Evil to get reinvested for the third season premiere, so I got back into Starco. But I already talked about that one.

So the trailer for the Hey Arnold! movie coming out this fall dropped at Comic Con, and I took that as my cue to rewatch Hey Arnold!. And I have been so back into Arnold/Helga. You guys. Oh my God, you guys. This ship is like, one of the defining ships of my life. It was never my OTP, but it was close sometimes. Helga's mean to Arnold, sure, and that's not ok, but she still cares about him so much. Her obsession with him is... well, it's unhealthy in some ways, but her feelings for him are also her inspiration and an important part of herself. And in spite of everything, they really do go together perfectly. Arnold's a dreamer and a humanitarian, and Helga has the soul of a poet. They're both sensitive and deeply introspective people. He makes her a better person, she grounds him and looks out for him. I want to see them as a couple so. bad. Helga's had a rough time in life, with her parents being so neglectful, and Arnold's a really empathetic person. So you know he'd care about her so much and do everything he could to be there for her. Ugh, seeing this movie, seeing the two of them finally get together, after all these years... it's going to be a dream come true! Literally-- I've had occasional dreams about the movie happening over the years, but I never thought it actually would!

On a related note, I always related a lot to Helga. I wasn't used to seeing characters my age portrayed as experiencing the same intensity of emotion I did. Sure, it was shipping for me, but it still felt similar. Shipping was an important part of myself, and it felt beautiful to me, but I didn't think other people would understand. It was kinda the same for Helga: her feelings were often played for laughs, but other times the audience was supposed to sympathize and take it completely seriously. It showed me that it could be both: weird, obsessive, and embarrassing, but at the same time, beautiful and sympathetic. I've never forgotten the episode "Helga on the Couch," where Helga finally ends up spilling the beans to her new counselor, Dr. Bliss. She goes into detail about her love for Arnold and how she expresses it, and then she says, "I guess I'm pretty sick, huh?" But Dr. Bliss tells her that no, she's not sick, she just feels things very deeply and expresses herself in creative ways. That left a huge impression on me. To this day... I still have feelings for someone who doesn't feel the same way, and it can feel obsessive and pathetic... But when I feel that way, I remember that line, and I remember how Helga was portrayed as someone sensitive, intense, self-aware, and poetic. If I'm like her, that's fine by me!

Hey Arnold! is a wonderful show that impacted a lot of people. If you ask me, it's right up there with Steven Universe and Avatar: the Last Airbender. It's great in a different way from those shows, but... I love it to death. Obviously.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Android 18 and Future Trunks due to an interesting scene that the two had in Dragon Ball Super. I also like Future 18 and Future Trunks since it seemed to me that 18 somewhat liked him.

I nearly went all-in-depth on this one, but you know me. If I'm really passionate about something, I break the character limit.

Let's just say...

A Foretold Affair is a real hidden gem when it comes to dating sims, and my OTP is the main protagonist, often referred to as "Seer", and the male love interest of the game, named January.

I could go explain their characters and why I love this ship so much, but like I said. Wanna keep the character limit intact.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I nearly went all-in-depth on this one, but you know me. If I'm really passionate about something, I break the character limit.

Let's just say...

A Foretold Affair is a real hidden gem when it comes to dating sims, and my OTP is the main protagonist, often referred to as "Seer", and the male love interest of the game, named January.

I could go explain their characters and why I love this ship so much, but like I said. Wanna keep the character limit intact.

Nah, go into depth! I like hearing what other people have to say about the ships they like. Obviously, I go into great detail about mine. Shipping is an important part of myself, and getting into what I like in a ship and why I like it, how it makes me feel... I feel like when I share that with someone, I'm connecting to them on a very real level. It works the other way around, too, makes me feel like I'm getting to know an important part of who you are. I used to think of shipping as an isolated thing, but now I fiction connects people in a way that everyday life can't. Because those characters I love so much, they're a part of the authors and voice actors, and other fans' interpretations are a part of them, too. To share that is to share a part of your inner world and emotionality. And what's more real than that?

Um... Well, that got a little intense. I just have a lot of feelings. About shipping.

Nah, go into depth! I like hearing what other people have to say about the ships they like. Obviously, I go into great detail about mine. Shipping is an important part of myself, and getting into what I like in a ship and why I like it, how it makes me feel... I feel like when I share that with someone, I'm connecting to them on a very real level. It works the other way around, too, makes me feel like I'm getting to know an important part of who you are. I used to think of shipping as an isolated thing, but now I fiction connects people in a way that everyday life can't. Because those characters I love so much, they're a part of the authors and voice actors, and other fans' interpretations are a part of them, too. To share that is to share a part of your inner world and emotionality. And what's more real than that?

Um... Well, that got a little intense. I just have a lot of feelings. About shipping.

I understand where you're coming from, but sometimes a ship makes much more sense if you have some context about where it comes from, and there is a lot of context required for this one. I just sometimes feel awkward talking about my ships if they don't make that much sense to the reader. Feel free to drop me a VM or PM if you wanna hear really bad, though.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I understand where you're coming from, but sometimes a ship makes much more sense if you have some context about where it comes from, and there is a lot of context required for this one. I just sometimes feel awkward talking about my ships if they don't make that much sense to the reader. Feel free to drop me a VM or PM if you wanna hear really bad, though.

Oh, I gotcha. It's kinda like when you can't talk about a ship because there's a spoiler (and that sucks, because you want to tell people about it, but seeing a ship happen unexpectedly just gets you more invested!). I might research the series, though!

Oh, I gotcha. It's kinda like when you can't talk about a ship because there's a spoiler (and that sucks, because you want to tell people about it, but seeing a ship happen unexpectedly just gets you more invested!). I might research the series, though!

You actually kinda nailed it on the head with that one, it's a ship that's much better experienced while playing the game due to both context/atmosphere and spoilers. I'd definitely recommend checking out the game though, it deserves a ton of love!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
'Kay so I've been watching One Piece, and while this is probably going to be rather lowkey as-is, I think I'm starting to ship Usopp and Nami. :x

I didn't post this here while watching it since I don't consider myself a huge fan, but while watching Sailor Moon, I saw and sold on why it is people love Usagi/Mamoru a lot (well, Serena and Darien, since I watched it dubbed). Meanwhile, when Sailor Stars rolled around, by the end of it I was completely fine with the possibility of Usagi and Seiya being together if Mamoru didn't return.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think I am becoming an Ash and Lana fan. I can't even find the ship thread for it anymore but I like her and Ash episodes so far the best.

BlueDragonfangirl

Guess we are allowed to discuss none Anime pairings? If so...

Star V.s the Forces of Evil, season two had me become a big Starco shipper, looking forward to season three to see how that pairing plays out. Also like Tomco ( Tom X Marco ) past season two episodes got me into that pairing, season three it looks like will have more Tom and the director said Will have more Tomco episodes to look forward to Eeee!!

Milo Murphy's Law: Amanda X Milo: Hope we see more of that pairing in season two.

Zack X Melissa: They are cute together and get one another.

I also ship Milo X Melissa, either one I can't loose : )

Gravity Falls

Dipper X Pacifica

Dipper X Bill ( Dang fan art and videos and wiki )

Ben 10 UA

Ben X every one HAHA

Boruto next Generation

Boruto X Sumire

My Hero Academia

Izuku x Ochaco

Izuku X Shoto

Izuku X Tsuyu ( My first ship I liked of the show )

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Watched the Boruto series and the last few episodes of the first arc made me a real hardcore Boruto x Sumire shipper.

I wasn't really into shipping in the Naruto series, mostly because the most ships felt forced and somehow hurted their characters, but this is different. Their interactions felt really natural, Boruto caring for her and her future, Sumire also caring for her class mates pretty much the whole time and her suple hints of liking Boruto quite much...and then the climax happened, with the last scene of the climax reminding heavily of "The Last" and that scene when Boruto thumbed up and her crying afterwards towards him felt so magical. It feels natural, it feels less forced and it especially feels like more realistic if Sumire developed a crush on him after he saved her (but knowing how Shonen anime work, it wouldn't suprise me). Not going to start how much of an awesome character she also is.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Zack X Melissa: They are cute together and get one another.

Oh, yeah, they're cute! At first I wasn't getting much shipping-wise out of this show, and I try not to ship for shipping's sake... But Zack and Melissa have developed a good chemistry as the series has progressed. I like their teasing mannerisms.

Status
Not open for further replies.