• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the rarest piece of Pokémon merchandise in your possession?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Does the Colosseum Bonus Disk that contains Jirachi count? I always noticed that none of my pokemon gaming friends had the disk.

I have an anime version of the comic. The first one has the first episode in comic form up until the 6th episode (The Clefairy one).

Also have the Burger King pokeball with the gold togepi 'card' in it.

Last edited:

piplup1036

I'd say my pokemon fire red and leaf green store promo poster.

ebevan91

Pokemon Platinum I guess, lol.

The only Pokemon "merchandise" I have are the games.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Hmm not exactly valuable but certainly less common:

-Base Set Holo Charizard
-BK Pokemon toys with balls (before that whole incident)
-Reservation ticket for Gold Version
-Flyer Advertising Mew from Gen 1
-100+ Gen 1 and 2 Tomy figures. With the Kabutops I won from an arcade being my favorite.

Illusione-Tempus

lol I have nothing particularly rare. Maybe this Pikachu DSL is one though. xD

Other than that, I seriously don't have any merchandise aside from fan-made stuff.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
original 20 cm charmander figure with moveable arms and legs from 1998 or something :p
after that pokemon blue

Dunsparce

I have a first-print volume of Pocket Monsters, the first Pokemon manga ever made. It's that Japan-only one with the weird looking Clefairy and lots of slapstick and puns. I got it from a friend/mentor who grew up in Japan back in the 60's and 70's(Her parents were missonaries from America) and still went there occasionally and knew I liked Pokemon. I got a bunch of Japanese Kanto-era Anime postcards and a short Pokemon TCG manga from her as well.

As for things I aquired myself, I got the Japan-only Arceus Figurine you got for preordering both HeartGold and SoulSilver. I was too impatient to wait for a US release so I preordered both. I was also at Pokemon Across America for the 10th anniversary of the series so I got some Pokemon Center Merchandise at the shopping both there. 4th gen was just announced and Weavile, Mime Jr. and Bonsly were still only known as Manyula, Manene, and Usohatchi(The plushies they sold there which I got were where we first learned thier English names).

EDIT: Oh, yes, I forgot that I got the Jirachi bonus disc(Mint, unopened) from a close friend for Christmas this year.

Last edited:

Mr.FusRoDah

Rarest Physical piece: Basic Set Charizard, standard print, 2nd to this is my Pop Tarts Promo Meowth
Non-physical- Mystry mew.

Astinus

Way back before Pokemon was released, I knew someone who used to work at a video game store. They would give me the promotional posters for any video games that were coming out soon after they were released, when the store was going to throw out the poster. I got the Pokemon Red/Blue poster for the American release. It's rolled up in my closet because it's huge, but it's really sturdy. I can't find any images of it online, so I guess I'm one of the lucky few to even have that poster.

Another rare piece of merchandise I have is my Gym Leader shirt from the Pokemon TCG Leagues. Way back in Pokemon's popular days of 2000 - 2002, there was an official League at my local Toys "R" Us store. By showing up every week and being older than the rest of the crowd, I worked my way into being a Gym Leader, helping to run the event. I even got the official shirt to go with the position. It's bright yellow, has a giant Pokeball on the back under the words "Gym Leader," and the front has a small Pokemon TCG logo with the old energy symbols surrounding it. The shirt's probably my favorite piece of Pokemon merchandise, since it reminds me of so many great memories.

Blazing Charmander

Back when Pokemon was at the peak of its popularity, I used to own various pieces of, what I would deem to be, rare merchandise. Probably my most treasured possession was the original Charizard trading card. It seems to be much sought after nowadays and also commands a hefty price tag on eBay. Sadly I haven't been able to find the card or the majority of the rest that I collected in the early 2000's, but I still live with the faintest hope that they weren't thrown out years ago and were just misplaced deep in one of the corners of the loft at home. I think I would experience a joyous breakdown if that turned out to be the case. Still, I do have my first ever trading card to hand - the original Charmander card which came free with an issue of the Nintendo Official Magazine in a cardboard sleeve. Also on the subject of trading cards, my mom ordered a ringbinder from a TV-exclusive shopping channel which may or may not have been rare in its time. From what I remember, it was red, translucent and had anime art of a few Pokemon displayed on the front such as Snorlax, Charizard and Squirtle. I also had a hardback folder that stored trading cards, but I can't recall where I had it from.

I still own my original boxed copies of Red and Blue, as well as the Yellow version that I bought a few years later and Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 plus Pokemon Snap. I'll post anything else as and when I remember it.

Baqon

Bacon.
My most valuable pokemon merchandise is probably an old mint condition base set charizard. No, not first ed or shadowless but still worth a decent amount of money :)

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Some of this stuff might not be so valuable, but here it goes, first I have the poster that comes with the HGSS strategy guide vol.2, the poster that comes with the DP strategy guide vol.2, the poster you get at GameStop when you pre-order both Pokémon X and Y, you also get one for pre-ordering just one, and the HGSS figures from when you pre-ordered them, got them from my family which was a gift for my birthday, and the figure and DS case from Pokémon Platnium.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I have some 1st edition pokemon TCG cards and unlimited edition ones from the first few years of the card game. I remember the jungle, fossil, team rocket, and whatever the first set released was... Other than that I have everything they handed out when you pre-ordered the games.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I have no idea how rare these are. Probably not that rare, but here goes:

- These are called Pokemon Kids, right? Either way, my mom used to take my brother and I to this Japanese fish market every Sunday and buy us one. These are the ones I have, and I have a lot of fond memories of them, because everyone used to collect these things.

- Some other miscellaneous toys that I don't think are Pokemon Kids.

- I know it's not rare, but I'm rather fond of this Pikachu music box.
Opened.

- My parents bought these Pokemon playing cards when we were vacationing in Toronto.
A few examples of the cards.

- And finally, I have no idea where I got these cards. They're not the TCG, obviously; they're Topps. I think they were made to promote the first and second movies, but there's a good variety of them. Most of them show random scenes from the movies and Pikachu shorts, but some of them also show Pokemon, some of them show scenes from the anime, some of them show the characters. Also, all of them have some info. about the scene in question on the back or info. about the Pokemon or character or whatever. And I have a few holographic ones, too, though it may be hard to tell in that photo.

Again, no idea if these are rare - probably not - but you never know.

Wow, I think I had that exact music box when I was little!

I don't think I have any particularly rare merchandise unfortunately. Mostly I just have the games and some plushies.

Nightslash505

Master Trainer Mason
Personally, my very old Pokemon Red GameBoy game and my old Pokemon Cards from my childhood would be my most memorabilia Pokemon Items I own, well, actually I have a little circle thingy that holds I think about 8 pikachus all in diffrent languages, including Dutch, Japanesse, and many more langauges, I got it for like 3 dollars at from my cousin at his yard sale, that was just EPIC BRO. lol XDXDXDXDXD :499:† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Last edited:

Nightslash505

Master Trainer Mason
Way back before Pokemon was released, I knew someone who used to work at a video game store. They would give me the promotional posters for any video games that were coming out soon after they were released, when the store was going to throw out the poster. I got the Pokemon Red/Blue poster for the American release. It's rolled up in my closet because it's huge, but it's really sturdy. I can't find any images of it online, so I guess I'm one of the lucky few to even have that poster.

Another rare piece of merchandise I have is my Gym Leader shirt from the Pokemon TCG Leagues. Way back in Pokemon's popular days of 2000 - 2002, there was an official League at my local Toys "R" Us store. By showing up every week and being older than the rest of the crowd, I worked my way into being a Gym Leader, helping to run the event. I even got the official shirt to go with the position. It's bright yellow, has a giant Pokeball on the back under the words "Gym Leader," and the front has a small Pokemon TCG logo with the old energy symbols surrounding it. The shirt's probably my favorite piece of Pokemon merchandise, since it reminds me of so many great memories.
That awesome, I wish there was so etching like that now, I always had a ton of good and rare pokemon cards, but none of my friends had any, so I pretty much had to play with my 3 cousins that did have pokemon cards. Your lucky bro