• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest Pokemon commercial you've ever seen?

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
A few days ago I saw this weird Pokemon commercial with Ash dancing the Kan-Kan on a table holding a PokeBall and hitting himself. Then there was a sign in Chinese that appeared out of nowhere then suddenly blacked out.
It was a freaky Chinese commercial. What's the weirdest Pokemon commercial you've ever seen on TV or Online?

Last edited:
The advertisement for the premiere of Advanced Battle with a Person with a Bulbasaur head talking about eggs.<.<

S

Shadow phoenix

the weirdist one i saw was for the pokémon games in english (in the uk they relaseed after the animé) where pokémon in a bus got crushed by a crusher

G

Geki

The stupidest Pokemon commercial I've ever seen is the one where there's a girl with a Mudkip head tagging an invisible person repeatedly saying ''Your It!''. It was a promotion for Advanced Battle back in September.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
The best commercial I've seen aired back in...1999? 2000? Waaaaay before a lot of you got into the show, anyway.

The commercial aired back when Kids' WB! could actually make good commercials. In it, Robin (from "The New Batman Adventures") keeps bugging Batman to sing him a bedtime song. Batman hesitates for a bit, so Robin keeps bugging him until he finally gives in...and sings the Jigglypuff song! I think Kids' WB! actually got Kevin Conrad (Batman's VA) to do the commercial, and the result was hilarious.

I remember that the old school Bulbagarden site used to have the commercial up for download, but that was before NOA sent a cease and desist order causing the site to take all its video clips down.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ah yes, i remember that. I do believe it was Batman's VA singing the Jigglypuff song, as the WB always had the real voices play the characters in the commercials.

KidsWB used to cross-over all their shows a lot during the commercials, it was great.

PDL

disenchanted
CyberCubed said:
KidsWB used to cross-over all their shows a lot during the commercials, it was great.

remember the one with that Men in Black cartoon?

they introduced a "new" member to the team, Bulbasaur... they pasted Bulbasaur's head to an MIB body...

Shadow phoenix said:
the weirdist one i saw was for the pokémon games in english (in the uk they relaseed after the animé) where pokémon in a bus got crushed by a crusher

I remember that one...i believe that they used to play it at the end of the old VHS tapes...>_>

Anyway I think that one was the weirdest...(and cruelest) ;-;

The weirdest Pokemon Commercial?

In the Uk, for sky, the advert went along the lines of(With Random images from AG)
Narrator:
Grass Beats Water.
Water Beats Electric.
Electric Beats Rock.
Rock Beats Ground.
Ash:
Go Pikachu!
Narrator:
Watch the New Pokemon series airing on Sky one.

I was left going: WTF?!11?!

Medea

Excalibur
Ah-ha!

I remember one commercial I think back in 2001 or 2002 where there were a group of Murkrow in the sky and they take a crap on Brock.

Octillery

You're cool.
There's another weird video I saw with two idiots lipsynching the Pokemon theme song and hitting a stuffed Pikachu doll with a baseball bat. One of them licked the camera. It was freaky and stupid.

Thats smosh. And theyre funnier than hell. THAT was funnier than hell

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
Octillery said:
Thats smosh. And theyre funnier than hell. THAT was funnier than hell
I thought it was funny, yeah. But why did they have to beat up that Pikachu doll? And what was with the Piglett Toy(Winnie the Pooh)? PIGLETT(not DIGLETT) isn't even Pokemon. And don't those two have a little TOO much time doing that weird theme song spoof?
Ah, whatever.
It IS funny. In a freaky way.

The ones in the pokèmon videos where there are all
these pokemon toys. Kids are playing with them and there are these adults
screaming. And one I think was when the pokèmon go to camp or something.
I know there was a bus in it...>.>
I just found those weird okay. DEAL WITH IT.

PDL

disenchanted
~Satoshi~ said:
Can we be a bit more specific?

basically, there were children reciting Team Rocket's motto

in creepy "children of the corn" voices...