• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest Pokemon commercial you've ever seen?

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
calbergerac said:
I thought it was funny, yeah. But why did they have to beat up that Pikachu doll? And what was with the Piglett Toy(Winnie the Pooh)? PIGLETT(not DIGLETT) isn't even Pokemon. And don't those two have a little TOO much time doing that weird theme song spoof?
Ah, whatever.
It IS funny. In a freaky way.

Because they were taking the piss out of the show.

PDL said:
basically, there were children reciting Team Rocket's motto

in creepy "children of the corn" voices...
I remember that one.
The XD Gale of Darkness was weird for me too.
Don't ask. >.>

S

Shadow phoenix

Dogasu said:
The best commercial I've seen aired back in...1999? 2000? Waaaaay before a lot of you got into the show, anyway.

The commercial aired back when Kids' WB! could actually make good commercials. In it, Robin (from "The New Batman Adventures") keeps bugging Batman to sing him a bedtime song. Batman hesitates for a bit, so Robin keeps bugging him until he finally gives in...and sings the Jigglypuff song! I think Kids' WB! actually got Kevin Conrad (Batman's VA) to do the commercial, and the result was hilarious.

I remember that the old school Bulbagarden site used to have the commercial up for download, but that was before NOA sent a cease and desist order causing the site to take all its video clips down.
i have been into the show since 1998 when it came out i remember one of the animé where homer was saying wtf is pokémon?

R

rowlph

I saw one a few years ago on Fox Kids in Montreal. It was actually for a Jackie Chan Adventures story arc, where they had a bunch of different commercials interviewing characters from different shows to choose who would be the newest member of Jackie's Team. Ash auditioned, and Jackie asked him to show them what he could do. So Ash threw a pokeball at Jackie and caught him. And then Ash did his victory pose and shouted, "I caught Jackie Chan!" and Jade and the old man looked really freaked out. It was the funniest thing ever.

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
Well I can't remember any of the commercials back before most got into the show ( I got into the show back in 1999) but I remember a commercial that showed a bunch of symptons and ended up saying "watchnig Pokemon five days a week will help cure these symptons". The funniest part was when it said "Side effects may include fire breath..." I thought it was quite funny and wierd.

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
Kids WB time reminders.

*Victoreebel eating James*
James: OK! I'll buy the pizza! I' ll buy the pizza!
*Victorebel releashes James*
James: But, I get to choose toppings!
*Victorebel eats him again*

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I second the Batman-singing-the-Jigglypuff-song one.

Kris Bambii

Volcano Trainer
I remember one for Ruby and Sapphire. People had their pictures taken in a photo booth with a Pokemon from R/S that looked just like them. I remember this old lady who looked like a Shroomish and this rocker guy who looked just like a Zigzagoon. It was cool and weird and I loved it.

I also remember one where the kids were saying the motto but it was for the trading cards instead. I thought that one was sorta cool.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I loved those crossover commercials, but I didn't even notice them disappear...

Anyway, one comes to mind. It was where the Joker sang "Pat-a-Cake" with different lyrics. It started off something like, "Eradicate Raticate!"

And there was this one holiday Saturday where they took a bunch of Christmas songs and replaced the lyrics with their own. Like Misty singing, "Psy-aiaiaiaiai-aiaiaiaiai-aiaiaiaiai-duck! In your pokeball I wish you were stuck!"

KidsWB! is losing their touch, eh?

halloweenghost

I remember the pokemon pinball the first commercial..was a little weird,...so was ruby and saphire's pinball commercial..all the pokemon in a tube waiting to get hir by the spring,...the other pokemon push treeko out and he has alook of fear on it's face... I'll never forget the nervouse treeko cry it let out as it was creeping close to it's time to go... *same voice from the anime but speaking in a lower town* treeeeekkooooo *Sweatdrop moment*

halloweenghost

Sailor Bambii said:
I remember one for Ruby and Sapphire. People had their pictures taken in a photo booth with a Pokemon from R/S that looked just like them. I remember this old lady who looked like a Shroomish and this rocker guy who looked just like a Zigzagoon. It was cool and weird and I loved it.

I also remember one where the kids were saying the motto but it was for the trading cards instead. I thought that one was sorta cool.

I love that one..the photo one for ruby and sapphire :)

Encyclopika

The Queen
calbergerac said:
There's another weird video I saw with two idiots lipsynching the Pokemon theme song and hitting a stuffed Pikachu doll with a baseball bat. One of them licked the camera. It was freaky and stupid.
OMG...I've seen that too...;_; poor Pikachu.
Anyway, the weirdest one I've seen was Ash saying something and then he was sucked into a Pokeball, and then for the rest of the commercial he sounded like he was constipated. =/

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I saw the one with the Photos down here it was pretty good.

The one for Pokemon Emerald was... unorthadox.
Some one with clothes like Brendan is walking through the streets...

Narrator:
"You've mastered the pokemon moves...

Hypnosis *People around falls asleep* ...

Low kick *he trips someone over* Now there is a bigger challenge! *Camera cuts to a beach with the battle frontier with green light over it* find out when you buy it..."

I was like: I have GOT to get this game! wierd ad though...

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
Swablu's Solo said:
The Pokemon Colosseum one. "Gotta save 'em all!" was kinda--- scratch that, very corny, but it was funny.
I remeber that comercial! It was alsome!!!! X3;; I remember a weird comercial.. I think it came in 1999? Anyways, Pokemon figures were like everywhere, (i dont remember it very well) And then they started falling from the sky and a kid was catching them in his Pocket? X3;;

The "Can't stop thinking about Pokemon?" ads promoting Advanced Battle, that was the source I used when I broke the news on Serebii, but the "Ash can't fit inside a Pokeball" one and the ones used to promote the full hours (that they brought back this week) are also funny!

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
OMG.

The Colosseum one was so funny. I remember the people running down the streets with little Pokemon on their flags... like Entei. XD
"Who will save the Pokemon? Gotta save em, gotta save em all! You can save the Pokemon. Gotta save em'.. Gotta save em' all!"

Thats all I remember for the song.

There was this one commerical, waaaaay way back when Pokemon first started, and it was either advertising for Pokemon yellow, or the TCG. There was this kid outside, and he had dressed his blood hound in a Pikachu costume, and tried to get it to attack. That one made me laugh so hard. XD

R

Ronin Shawazuu

I remember a commercial that was adversiting a pokemon camera....

Kid *Holding the said camera*: Say "CHEESE"!

Charmander: "Chaar!"

Kid: "Cheese!"

Charmander: "Chaar!"

I remember this waaaay before learning english...it was funny XDD, the R/S one was funny too ^^