• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest thing that happen to you in a Pokemon game?

ketchupking2

Also, I was trading with that same friend from Gold to Silver. He had a Tyranitar and I had a Lugia. Keep in mind, I was probably 7. During the trade I decide to be a little *^%$*(& and shut off the game. The Tyranitar cloned and I lost my Lugia.

Missingno
Weird and downright annoying:

Every time I tried to migrate from Ruby to Pearl, Ruby would delete. Wouldn't migragte.
I later discovered that if I had any DS game in the slot and Ruby in it's slot, Ruby would delete. No idea why. Also, the hall of fame didn't work. It said that it was corrupted.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Weirdest thing what happenend 2 me was in platinum i was bored so with my bike i just ride something and suddenly everything was black, tweaking or so

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Mine would either be the time I caught two shinies in one day, without cheats, or when I accidentally discovered emerald's cloning glitch.

abrar14

Statter Master
My charge running out in the platinum GTS. That is how i discovered the cloning glitch.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I started playing my Ruby one day, and found that my Groudon and Rayquaza of 90ish levels had been replaced by a Zigzagoon and a Corphish with my friend's ID.

The weird thing is, neither of us had any recollection of trading them. I let him keep them, and bugged my other friend to give me his.

Also, my Ruby version randomly crapped out on me one day and wouldn't load my save file, with the only option being to start a new game. I turned it off, and when I next turned it on, my save was back.

Really, the only other thing (again on Ruby) is that I was freaked out when I saw my friend's Battle Tower team appear when I went through.

Victory

Banned
This didn't happen to me, happened to some idiot I know.

He said that his Charizard had a baby and it was a Rhydon with Charizard wings. It's probolay fake, but just thought I should share that.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
This didn't happen to me, happened to some idiot I know.

He said that his Charizard had a baby and it was a Rhydon with Charizard wings. It's probolay fake, but just thought I should share that.

Its obviously fake -__-

While not necessarily in a game, it did happen while playing a game.

Being lazy on my couch, wrapped in a blanket, decided I wanted something. Got up, pulled off the blanket, and picked up the Gameboy Advance I was playing at the time.

Freakin' blanket statically charged me, and when I touched the GBA, I sparked it to reset -__-

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
Ok well, its not wierd just irritating

in my whole time playing pokemon (yellow-white) i have never found a shiney pokemon

bar this one time back in the days of sapphire i was playing and it came to the point where you have to accompany wally to capture the ralts, the battle begun......... it was a SHINEY RALTS

i was angry, i saw my first shiney and must be the one point in the game when you cannot capture a pokemon, but even wierder...... when it came to battle wally later on the ralts was just a plain ralts :/ sad times indeed

Misiziri

Snow in Africa...?
I walked into a cave.

And suddenly, Zubats everywhere.

No but seriously, the weirdest thing that happened was me finding out Gym Leader Roark was male and Gym Leader Bugsy was male.

bizegar

...my Groudon and Rayquaza of 90ish levels had been replaced by a Zigzagoon and a Corphish with my friend's ID.

The weird thing is, neither of us had any recollection of trading them.

lol, I'm sure he remembered trading them perfectly!

FairoNeko

Didn't success in catching on one of the Regis (forgot which one) with 20+ Ultra Ball and 20+ Great Ball

I got so frustrated that I screamed out loud. My brother came and snatch my Ruby and threw a PokeBall. It actually success!

Aside from getting the Regi, I also got mocked by my brother. :(

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
jWell I was playing pokemon black the other day and I had just restarted and went to fight Chili and during the battle two of my lilipups picked stuff up, so I had all my pokes faint after snivy did and went to the pc in the clinic and the lilipups had no items T_T

Ruby Blue

Umm... every time I catch a Clefairy it has a Moon Stone~

idk if it's just dumb luck or if the chances are good, but not complaining~

ShimmerInTheDark

Ace Trainer
This happened just a few weeks ago, and I still have no idea why or how this happened.

White version: Leveling up my shiny Liepard in the Sports dome's... Fisherman dude with the water types (Huntail, Gorebyss ect) wants to fight. Send out my shiny Liepard, and the Gorebyss uses Psychic and it HITS my Liepard. WTF. I wasn't holding a Ring Target or anything, as Liepard had a Lucky Egg. That completely goes against the mechanics of the game! I was pissed.

In all my years of playing (been around since Red & Blue) I've never had anything like that happen. I'm still confused. I've battled the same person numerous times and it hasn't happened since.

The only other glitches I can think of were the various Missingno. glitches in the first two games. I remember encountering level 121 Starmies and Kangaskahns in the water off the coast of Cinnabar... Catching them would completely screw up the Hall Of Fame. It would play the creepy Lavender Town and Indigo Plateau Music. The game would feeeze if I used them in battle.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Getting ParaHaxed 7 times in a row in HG's Battle Factory. Chances of getting paralyzed are 25%, or 1 in 4, so that would mean 7 times in a row would be 4^7, or a 1 in 16384 chance. This equates to about a 0.00006% chance. O___O

takbir10

Banned
I caught Zekrom in one poke-ball.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Yesterday I restarted Diamond and was grinding my Starly when I fought a Bidoof. Now, this Bidoof used tackle and did only one damage. The next turn he scores a critical hit and deals no less than 7 or 8 damage. I made the biggest WTF face on the planet and fainted that thing the next turn with quick attack.