• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest thing that happen to you in a Pokemon game?

Fierce~

Amphy <3
I don't know that this would count as weird but it certainly was lucky.
I was training for the E4 in Victory Road in White (it seems that the most exciting things happen there...) and a dust cloud appeared. I went into it thinking "Hey, Excadrill gives more EXP" and lo and behold, it was shiny.

So I caught it and healed up (since of course trying not to kill it wears down on your team) and I went back and saw ANOTHER dust cloud... and yet again, it was a shiny Excadrill.

I mostly just use them to show off though.

ToeyJoey

The Count
When, despite holding an Everstone, the Kadabra I traded from Diamond to Pearl evolved anyway.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
After I defeated a Hiker in the part of Victory Road unlocked after the national dex, his defeated talk screen was totally blank.

Last year I played my Red version and everytime I ran into the ghost in Lavender Town my game froze and eventually after 5 times of trying, at the title screen I pressed start and the Charmander made a weird noise and the game hasnt worked since

I caught a Chimecho once and I could've sworn that the PP of one of its moves was 8, when it should be divisible by 5 when first caught. After I turned the game off and came back to it later, it was back to normal.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
The weirdest thing for me would be a glitch i got on Gold/crystal/silver i got this pokerus thing for the first time and i was like "Oh noes wtf help" and i then found out it was a glitch and i was scared that my game would break so i realesed the pokemons, and it was a glitch pokerus not real pokerus.

Zelda_1224

Red the Master
I don't know What hppend But once I was in the Middle Of a battle and then after It ended I Ended Up in the Mystery Zone???? Wierd Huh

WWWIII

Last June, I bought my DS and Soul Silver, it was really the first game that I had since Ruby. I did buy White before Soul Silver, actually, I bought it before I had a DS and played through it on my friend's DS, but I didn't really care for it much. When I had Ruby, I didn't even know that shiny Pokemon even existed, I did when I got Soul Silver, though. Two or three days after I got the game, I was thinking about how awesome it would be to run into a shiny Pokemon, as I had never caught one before (except for Gyarados, which doesn't count. And no, when I played the original Silver version, I didn't know it was a shiny, just thought it was a special Pokemon.) About 10 or 15 minutes after I started thinking about catching a shiny Pokemon, I encountered a Ratatta.. and it shone. Didn't take any chances of knocking it out, just threw a Pokeball at it and captured it without any issues (it was a pretty low level.) That will probably be the coolest/weirdest moment I will ever have in Pokemon, just because I was thinking so intensely on how cool it would be to catch a shiny Pokemon and it actually happened.

icyman300

lets go...
Last June, I bought my DS and Soul Silver, it was really the first game that I had since Ruby. I did buy White before Soul Silver, actually, I bought it before I had a DS and played through it on my friend's DS, but I didn't really care for it much. When I had Ruby, I didn't even know that shiny Pokemon even existed, I did when I got Soul Silver, though. Two or three days after I got the game, I was thinking about how awesome it would be to run into a shiny Pokemon, as I had never caught one before (except for Gyarados, which doesn't count. And no, when I played the original Silver version, I didn't know it was a shiny, just thought it was a special Pokemon.) About 10 or 15 minutes after I started thinking about catching a shiny Pokemon, I encountered a Ratatta.. and it shone. Didn't take any chances of knocking it out, just threw a Pokeball at it and captured it without any issues (it was a pretty low level.) That will probably be the coolest/weirdest moment I will ever have in Pokemon, just because I was thinking so intensely on how cool it would be to catch a shiny Pokemon and it actually happened.
Thats funny. I caught a shiny rattata in HG lol. and the wierdest thing that happened to me was i was lookin for some kind of legendary in this hidden cave in emerald version. I was all excited and stuff. and when i walked in the first pokemon i saw was..............SMEARGLE?

ladykiwi

I love tights. <3
It's sad how at least half of the replies are blatant lies by attention-lusting kids (Edit: like the poster below me).
Anyway, the weirdest thing that's happened to me is something that I actually submitted to bulbapedia's Lanturn entry: In pokémon emerald, there's a lanturn in the victory road that knows Earthquake.

Also the Thunderbolt glitch in Gen 3. >_> I thought my game suffered hardware damage. Finally, back in 2000 when I first bought a pirate Silver (original GS versions didn't exist in my city till 2001), the translations. Really, they seemed so...Vietnamese Crystal-looking. Ie:
"Foe's GENGAR used DREAM EATER!" showed up as "EMY GENGA **** STUDY". >_> Sad thing is, at /vp/ I've seen other people who actually bought this same bootleg/pirate silver when they were kids.

Last edited:

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I fought dialga and my game froze when it unfroze my pokemon was fainted.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Accidentily statically charging myself, only to reset my GBA, losing 2 hours of gameplay.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I was playing Emerald at 1:00 a.m. I was training my Pokemon at Victory Road, particularly my Lairon. I had a wild encounter, and I was silently hoping it wouldn't be another Hariyama. And you know what? It was a Hariyama. A SHINY one. I screamed out loud, "HOLY SH*T!", waking my parents and my sister. I desperately tried to bluff I had a nightmare, and luckily, they bought it. Then I caught it on my first Ultra Ball (Wouldn't wanna risk it using whirlwind). And that was the weirdest thing that happened to me in Pokemon.

Agent DJ

Like a BOSS!!!!!!!!!
The weirdest thing that happened to me was years ago when I put 2 MALE Bulbasaurs in my Red version and they actually gave me an egg! I was a little kid so I didn't know about sex and stuff so to me it seemed normal since it was a video game. It hatched into a female Bulbasaur.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I was playing Emerald on Emulator. I found a cheat for infinite Rare Candies. After mass consumption my Sceptile randomly turned into an egg!

Rakurai

Running into Missingno. in Red by complete chance, well before it had become public knowledge.

I just happened to accidentally get into an encounter at the edge of the Seafoam Islands, and it was a Pidgey. That piqued my curiosity, so I kept surfing up and down the coast to see what else came, and naturally, it was only a matter of time before the words "What the heck is that thing!?" came to my lips.

I was messing around on Pearl version a while back, trying to catch a Zangoose when I thought of how cool it would be to suddenly encounter a shiny Ponyta. Guess what the next Pokemon I encountered was? A shiny Ponyta. I'll leave whoever is reading this to infer what my reaction to that was.