• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's the weirdest thing that happen to you in a Pokemon game?

sonic507

Come at me Flower!
I could have sworn on my non-saving pokemon gold game I saw a chikorita at national park..

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
This happened once and only once, not sure if it's programmed to be a random event in the game or just a glitch...

But in Emerald, when riding inside the cable car up Mt. Chimney, a pokemon ranger was running down the side of the mountain outside. It was weird!

Has this happened to anyone else?

AllieCat

Awkward Trainer
I walked into a random pokemon center, saw a dude in black, and when I talked to him he gave me a second Masterball! I was all like WTF? 0.e

TheEpicGoomba

This happened once and only once, not sure if it's programmed to be a random event in the game or just a glitch...

But in Emerald, when riding inside the cable car up Mt. Chimney, a pokemon ranger was running down the side of the mountain outside. It was weird!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes. This has happened to me about 3 times. I don't know what triggers it but it is quite weird. It hasn't happened in a long time though.

Shadevolt

@AllieCat: if this was in B/W, it's because the man you talked to gives you a masterball if youve traded 50 times.

Quagsireking

I am the king!
I was doing the darkrai event, right and was finally battling it, and when i looked in my bag i had no ultra balls, only a few poke balls. I was thinking i was going to lose it, so i was down to 3 net balls threw one and caught it. Random miracles people.

dark_meteor545

Pokémon Connoisseur
I had LOTS of stuff like this... Let me make a list:

Pokémon Red\Blue - I was trying to catch MissingNo.. So, I did the old man trick and I flew to Cinnabar. While surfing, I got a thing called 'M, that looked like MissingNo. and morphed into a Ponyta in the Pokémon mansion. I also got a lvl. 0 Ditto on the Safari Zone.

Pokémon Yellow - I don't know if this is true, but I found an Zubat at route 1. Probably weird, 'cause I was doing stuff with GameShark codes.

Pokémon Crystal - Got a shiny Celebi. Pretty funny, hum? It was hacked, so it could level up and evolve into a Tyranitar. (I've already got a Celebi). It evolved into a, wait for it... Sunkern!

Pokémon Emerald - Hehehe... The old walk-thru-walls cheat is my best friend. Got a ?????????? when first battling a wild Pokémon. I fainted, surely. Then, on the Pokémon Center, the healing animation lasted FOREVER!!! She said just for a few seconds, didn't she? Oh, by the way, my Misdreavus has a Focus Band, so, when it had 1 HP, I gave it a Pomeg Berry, and it got infinite HP... LOL.

Pokémon Diamond\Pearl - While in a double battle, I got my Arceus and an Egg still alive, I fought with Arceus and DPBox (glitch). Too bad I didn't save my game before...

That's pretty it... Hehehe...

OceanHero

Smile Smile Smile!
I was breeding for a shiny zigzagoon for some stupid reason, and one of the eggs hatched into half a groudon. My wierd thing trumps any of yours. :383:

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
I was breeding for a shiny zigzagoon for some stupid reason, and one of the eggs hatched into half a groudon. My wierd thing trumps any of yours. :383:

Pics or it didn't happen...

My character swapped genders on my Crystal Version, and all the Gyarados I caught were registered as being caught in Diglett's Cave.

Zibdas

not bad
My character swapped genders on my Crystal Version, and all the Gyarados I caught were registered as being caught in Diglett's Cave.

And this is why I'm afraid of women what charecters do when no one's looking.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
How about this one: an unknown glitch on pokemon red I encountered only once. I was doing the safari zone glitch, and, when I was at cinnabar, I couldn't move. Then, an old man started walking from the bottom to the top of the screen, on the water. This kept repeating for like, 5 minutes. Then it stopped, and I could move again. I thought jesus was trying to tell me something xD

No joke. This really happened.

How about this one: an unknown glitch on pokemon red I encountered only once. I was doing the safari zone glitch, and, when I was at cinnabar, I couldn't move. Then, an old man started walking from the bottom to the top of the screen, on the water. This kept repeating for like, 5 minutes. Then it stopped, and I could move again. I thought jesus was trying to tell me something xD

No joke. This really happened.
lol dude...............

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
My Emboar's Quick claw took into effect, but the opponent moved first. The opponent didn't even use a priority move.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Half the things in this thread seem fake.

I know mine isn't very weird, but it was for me. At the time, I didn't know Pokemon could have eggs together. So I placed Seviper and Zangoose in the Pokemon daycare, hoping they would kill eachother. I came back and saw they had an egg, which is weird because they are supposed to be natural enemies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
My Emboar's Quick claw took into effect, but the opponent moved first. The opponent didn't even use a priority move.

you know, i think this happened to me once as well. it was the opponent's litwick, and i went 1st even after quick claw took effect.

Phoopes

There it is.
In Pokemon Ruby, I went to catch Rayquaza. To my surprise, there was the overworld sprite of a Kyogre! However, when I went into battle with it, it was a normal Rayquaza and I used my Master Ball on it.

EDIT: I said it was normal because it was a Rayquaza, but it was actually shiny, which isn't normal!